PC Smithing Help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Owyn

Hi,

I'm looking for some help in regards to smithing and improving certain items, please.

First of all, my smithing level is 100 and I have the perks for all of the heavy armour, bar Dragon and including Arcane; this results in me being able to smith all heavy armour to legendary status. However, I have recently joined The Dark Brotherhood and The Thieves Guild so have obviously obtained armour from each Guild. Alas, it only allows me to smith each armour set to flawless status.

My question is; what perk does each these armour sets fall under so that will allow me to improve each to the maximum?

Help will be very much appreciated, thank you.

NOTE: I am level 38; i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it(?).

Thanks again.

Owyn

It's also worth stating that although I can improve Falmor armour to legendary status, it will also not let me improve the helmet, shield and weapons beyond flawless status. They must be linked.

Necromis

Unfortunately both of those armours fall outside the perks that are on the smithing skill tree. So normally w/o any smithing gear and smithing potions you cannot improve them beyond the levels you have already. If you have the fortify smithing enchantment enchant yourself a set of smithing gear to wear while smithing and use the smithing potion. I believe, but could be wrong, that w/o the fortify exploit you won't get them to legendary, though.

Owyn

Unfortunately both of those armours fall outside the perks that are on the smithing skill tree. So normally w/o any smithing gear and smithing potions you cannot improve them beyond the levels you have already. If you have the fortify smithing enchantment enchant yourself a set of smithing gear to wear while smithing and use the smithing potion. I believe, but could be wrong, that w/o the fortify exploit you won't get them to legendary, though.

Ah, seems to be a bit of an oversight from Bethesda, but maybe deliberate. Thank you, nonetheless. I can enchant every piece of wearable equipment with the smithing enchantment then? That should give me a pretty big boost.

Necromis

I believe there are 4-5 items you can enchant with fortify smithing. I will post exactly what items in a few minutes.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I was beaten to it in regards to creating the Smithing set of Armor, but, for an extra boost I suggest you use a Fortify Enchanting potion while creating it. It will strengthen the enchantment and allow for better improvement overall. Also, if you really want to go the full nine yards, take a few Fortify Smithing potions with you and take one before hitting the workbench. You'll get the best results overall. ;)

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I can vouch for this method concerning Nightingale Armor, it's what my character wears. I needed a full set of Smithing Armor, plus Smithing Potions to improve it further than "exquisite". The armor/potion combo allowed me to push it all to "legendary".

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts