Sleeping and lover's cure

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lee

Rasta-For-I
Can anyone tell me what determines whether or not you get a well rested bonus when you sleep? Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. Also, I often find difficult to find my woman in bed so I can attempt to get the lover's cure (is that the name of it? Can't remember). She'll still be milling around at 3am refusing to go to bed. On the rare occasions I have come home to find her in bed I go to bed myself and don't get the bonus. Are there certain criteria to be met to get it? I'm not a werwolf, so that's no the problem.

Thanks.

junta

You dont need your partner to physically be in bed to get the Well Rested bonus. All you need to do is sleep in the same cell/area they are currently staying at.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
You dont need your partner to physically be in bed to get the Well Rested bonus. All you need to do is sleep in the same cell/area they are currently staying at.

I've tried this. My house is Breezehome and I'm married to Mjoll. Sometimes I'll go to bed and with or without her being in the bed I won't get the well rested bonus. When she is in bed and I sleep I don't get the lover's cure bonus either

junta

It may be a glich I have heard about. Try asking her to move to "her home" and sleep there once. You should be able to move her back to Breezehome and get the Well Rested bonus afterwards.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
you only have to sleep in the area your spouse is using as their home to get the bonus

Lee

Rasta-For-I
It may be a glich I have heard about. Try asking her to move to "her home" and sleep there once. You should be able to move her back to Breezehome and get the Well Rested bonus afterwards.

Thanks Junta. I'll give that a go

Adam Warlock

If you are a werewolf , you won`t receive the Lover`s Comfort bonus.

XbSuper

If you are a werewolf , you won`t receive the Lover`s Comfort bonus.

He already said he's not a werewolf.

The lover's comfort and well rested bonus', are obtained differently. Well rested, you should get any time you sleep in a bed you own (with or without your partner, married or single, doesn't matter). Lovers comfort, is obtained by sleeping in the same bed as your partner, they don't have to actually be in it, it just has to be the same bed that they sleep in. There are 2 beds in breezehome, so maybe try sleeping in the other one (if you haven't already), this is usually Lydia's bed, but maybe the game glitched, and your spouse is sleeping in the wrong bed. However this wouldn't explain why you're not getting the well rested bonus, as you own both the beds, so either one should work.

He already said he's not a werewolf.

quote]
Guess I didn't read too carefully. *facepalm* :confused:

Is there maybe a specific minimum time that you are required to sleep? Maybe you are sleeping too little?

Lee

Rasta-For-I
Thanks all. I've tried sleeping for long times and power naps, neither seem to work. I occasionally get the well rested bonus, so the next time I do I'll make a note of the circumstances in which it was granted. I've read that you don't get any bonuses if you sleep in a bed you don't own. Maybe it's a glitch that I'm not getting the bonuses, it's not a biggie anyway. Thanks for the help.

Sometimes you will have the rested bonus after sleeping but it wont say so on the screen. Check the screen that tells you what your active effects are, it should be there.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
I think you have to sleep for 8 hours if i remember correct to get the well rested bonus. I get teh rested bonus at anything less than that and it is only a 5% bonus rather than 10% for well rested or 15% for lovers comfort.

perkecet

im nearly positive you dont need 8 hours for well rested, or any bonus. i sleep 3 or 4 hours and get it. im not sure what the minimum is but 1 hour isnt enough, but 4 is. rested comes from sleeping in any bed. well rested from a bed you own. this could be a bed in your house or a bed you rent at an inn. and lover's comfort is, as has been said, sleeping in the house your partner lives in.

Necromis

ok, just checked, and it is at least 1 hour, and the bonus is for the next 8 hours, so it is only given once per day, too. any bed gives rested (5%), bed you own gives well rested(10%), and bed with spouse in hours gives lovers comfort(15%).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts