Skyrim's already released in Paris and Netherlands

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Those lucky...

Some retailers in the Netherlands may be in Dutch with Bethesda, as Inside Gamer has word (in Dutch) that several shops in the region are now selling The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in advance of Friday's embargo date for the RPG sequel. They offer a photo of the game and a receipt as proof of what's happening. Thanks Acleacius via Kotaku. Update: A poster in our forums reports also finding the game on sale in Paris, France.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/127344/skyrim-now-on-sale-in-the-netherlands

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Catch 23. Even though you are a Dutchman wearing wooden shoes, it doesn't feel bad at all because of the numerous coffee shops. No wonder they haven't figured there's sneakers made out of other materials as well!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
TROLOLOLOLOLOL STEREOTYPES!!!!11one

Also, why is Bethesda cool with this? Or have they issued a statement regarding this by now?

Hellfire

T
TROLOLOLOLOLOL STEREOTYPES!!!!11one

Also, why is Bethesda cool with this? Or have they issued a statement regarding this by now?

Not only they have it, believe it ir not ive been playing saints row the third since yesterday, YES SR3, its supposed to be released in like a week? Its 100 % legal, as i said....so they might have that too

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
When it comes to world-wide release, there's bound to be some miscommunication. SOMEONE screwed it up. I don't think it's a big issue to be upset over though. The official release is in only few days. A lot of eyes filled with jealousy here haha

Travis

When it comes to world-wide release, there's bound to be some miscommunication. SOMEONE screwed it up. I don't think it's a big issue to be upset over though. The official release is in only few days. A lot of eyes filled with jealousy here haha
I wonder how much of it is miscommunication, and how much is purposeful "accidents" :)

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I wonder how much of it is miscommunication, and how much is purposeful "accidents" :)

It seems like those purposeful accidents can been seen as way to hype up before the official release. This kind of stuff is taking more and more often.

Travis

Yeah. I've even heard of stores that will sell the game early, if you comp 'em a little extra cash... but like you say, not advertising is bad advertising. I wonder how much Bethesda likes/dislike early leaks like that.

Acoulip

I am dutch and i have a copy of skyrim but can't play it, it's for pc and i cannot activate it before 11-11-11.

Travis

Actually, I think that would probably be worse... to have a copy in your possession, but not be able to play it. lol.

Flamingtaco

Some rich French and Dutch guys bribed Bethesda to ship it early. Little do they know that they actually got sent the e3 demo. That would be a great consolation for the rest of us.

Travis

Some rich French and Dutch guys bribed Bethesda to ship it early. Little do they know that they actually got sent the e3 demo. That would be a great consolation for the rest of us.
Lol! I would love to see their faces it that actually happened!