Skyrim wins game of the year 2011

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I hear that the console versions are having more difficulty. As for crashing, you might want to check out some fixes that people came up with since they are quite easily fixed. Meanwhile, they announced that PC is going to get all the patches first. Really, it's the PC that gets all the real benefits.
Yer the PS3 version makes the PC version look perfect! Worst release for bugs ever!

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Come on now. Don't act like that because you unfortunately ran into bugs or glitches. Some of these bugs are very variable. They can't test every single PC hardware combination (PC only comment). If you actually take into account the complexity of the game, then the amount of bugs one could run into are actually not that bad. Also consider that there is no beta testing for games like this. Lastly, if you saved a lot more then you have a higher chance of avoiding bugs instead of running into them and then crying about it.

Now I do understand that their 1.2 patch was just awful and I really have no defense for them on that one. How they could possibly make dragons fly backwards is beyond me. They took a lot away from the game with the transition from Oblivion, but they also added a lot more. So, of course with anything new comes the possibility of running into issues with it. Take for instance Toyota, they made a ton of those new RAV4's and Highlanders only to find out that they had to do recalls because of the airbags and acceleration pedal. They did offer recompense for the situation though. Bethesda might actually give everyone the first DLC for free because of all the bugs. It's a big MIGHT, but you never know.

Anarki

Congratulations Bethesda. Thank you for your hard work. It paid off. The game is amazing.

I'm a happy gamer because of your work!!

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I was honestly expecting the game of the year to be Uncharted, though I like Skyrim more.

Guerito

Congratulations! And thanks for this game. I am running this on a crappy laptop. I did have some bugs, but overall everything works fine. Good job Bethesda!

Come on now. Don't act like that because you unfortunately ran into bugs or glitches. Some of these bugs are very variable. They can't test every single PC hardware combination (PC only comment). If you actually take into account the complexity of the game, then the amount of bugs one could run into are actually not that bad. Also consider that there is no beta testing for games like this. Lastly, if you saved a lot more then you have a higher chance of avoiding bugs instead of running into them and then crying about it.

Now I do understand that their 1.2 patch was just awful and I really have no defense for them on that one. How they could possibly make dragons fly backwards is beyond me. They took a lot away from the game with the transition from Oblivion, but they also added a lot more. So, of course with anything new comes the possibility of running into issues with it. Take for instance Toyota, they made a ton of those new RAV4's and Highlanders only to find out that they had to do recalls because of the airbags and acceleration pedal. They did offer recompense for the situation though. Bethesda might actually give everyone the first DLC for free because of all the bugs. It's a big MIGHT, but you never know.

No no no your way out on this I wasnt getting any unfortunate walking in to a few bugs I had literally hundreds and some mega bad ones too so this was on another level of crapness altogether! Most were fun in a way so I let them go I also saved so many times that I ran our of save spaces on the PS3 I had (now gone and the game sold). Just to give you a small sample of how bad it got Ill tell you a bit of it: At one point menus were not appearing so I could not do missions but could do other missions. So I literally could not do tons of the missions. Then I started to get menus appearing up to 20 minutes of game play even if I was on the other side of the map to were they came from! I literally was walking up the street doing nothing and a menu from a shop or mission point would appear and sometimes this would mean I was stuck and had to go back to a save point! Then I got the the point were I was stuck on the greybeard peace treaty part but I had sworn allegiance to both the storm cloaks and the imperials (which shouldn't be able to be done!) so the game was totally stuck and after about 4 hours of trying to work it out and searching the internet I found out I had to go back another 15 hours of game play just to be able to finish the game. And add in really annoying lagg and the game freezing sometimes and you begin to get the picture - and this is just a tiny glimpse of only a few of the tons of bugs I had...I had some issues with the actual working game as well that playing for 60 odd hours leveling up getting deadric armor etc. means new dungeons creature are exactly as hard as when I started the game due to the enemies being harder thus making leveling up and obtaining items pretty pointless! Anyway the idea behind it all was good and this is the best attempt (when it works) at anything like this so I am not totally hating it ofc...just dont want companies like this taking the piss and releasing games that are beta at best!

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Congrats to Bethesda on making such an awesome game. Forget the haters out there, some people have nothing better to do then complain. I haven't been hooked on a video game like this since Baldur's Gate came out oh so long ago.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
I say congratulations to Bethesda Softworks. I mean seriously!! Well Freakin done!!

Sure there are still some minor bugs to be fixed but that can be fixed!

Well done and enjoy the Title!

Viva Bethesda :)

SkyrimKing

well done bethesda who'd of thought it would win game the year? well i definitley thought it would,i love your games bethesda. Hope you keep going for a long time!

^^Reported you to the mods. 14 posts and all but one link to that video. Enjoy your ban

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I've reported him as well.

asparticus_maraudius

I am asparticus fear my wrath!!!!!!
HERE AND HERE HERE!!!!

A FEAST FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts