Skyrim wins game of the year 2011

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeff Travers

Congratulations! This game has removed mmos and made rpgs my primary 'go to' for entertainment. Skyrim is truly an amazing experience.

Mehoe123

Good job, now lets see some sick DLC.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
GOTY in one month. Congratulations Bethesda!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Oh, Bethesda. You just came in near the end of the year and snatch that GOTY like it was nothing. ahahaha

memes-like-a-boss-disney-style.jpg

Lilfish43

Doesnt Bethesda win Studio of the year EVERY year a new game of theres comes out? and also doesnt Bethesda win Game Of The Year EVERY year they release a new game??? haha

Kodlak

Im glad that Skyrim won the prize. I hate Batman, because skyrim has lots of options and its all about your choice. Im playing skyrim 4 hours per day, sometimes even more, its great. :DDD GJ

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Pure awesomesauce. I just love the game. I still catch myself staring off into the distance with the views.

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
Congrats Bethesda. Thank you for pouring your hearts into a game that mesmerizes us and will forever be a part of anyone who plays it.
BRAVO.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
as a XBOX360 player I have near 100 firends in my friendslist,

On a average night 60 of them approxamately will be playing Skyrim,
the others are mixed between Iron Brigade(Trenched) and Gears 3.

So I am not surprised, I have even heard rumors on the web of job losses because of Skyrim Addiction.

Koyote

Premium Member
Congrats to Bethesda for winning THREE awards in one night. Make us proud in TES VI.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
What? Job losses because of Skyrim? Do people have no self-control? Hmm, strangely I don't remember hearing of job losses over WoW.

Eturnus

HUZAH FOR THE SHOPKEEP! HUZAH!

Tori

Lol. Love how it says "unsurprisingly wins."
Good job Bethesda. Thank you for this amazing game! :D

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, we all expected it but it’s still nice to see our expectations confirmed :>

Arcamean

Game of the year? Clearly they aren't talking about the PC version. Being able to play 20min to an hour max before encountering texture errors? CTD's so common, I'm hitting F5 every three minutes...

Console was clearly what they had in mind. Because the PC version dropped the ball so hard it's in hell. I'm sorry but it makes for an extremely frustrating game-play.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Game of the year? Clearly they aren't talking about the PC version. Being able to play 20min to an hour max before encountering texture errors? CTD's so common, I'm hitting F5 every three minutes...

Console was clearly what they had in mind. Because the PC version dropped the ball so hard it's in hell. I'm sorry but it makes for an extremely frustrating game-play.
I hear that the console versions are having more difficulty. As for crashing, you might want to check out some fixes that people came up with since they are quite easily fixed. Meanwhile, they announced that PC is going to get all the patches first. Really, it's the PC that gets all the real benefits.