• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Different Games

Different Gameplay

Don't use Skyrim's swordplay mechanics in a game about guns and mutants.

Besides, you decked it all out with mods to make it more difficult. Don't get all pissy because it was harder that Skyrim.

Games designed for PC are much harder than games designed for consoles. This is because it takes a certain base level of intelligence to operate and maintain a PC. While I'm sure there are nuclear physicists and great philosophers who own an Xbox, the fact is that all it takes to possess one is pocket change and chimp-level intelligence sufficient to plug in a power cord and press the 'on' button. Ask yourself why there are almost no turn-based or real-time strategy games for console -- and the few that exist, like Civilization, are dumbed down and simplified. It takes no more computing power to make a complex strategy game than a simple one. It's because the people using consoles don't have that minimum-intelligence cut-off that PC users do. In order to turn the maximum level of profit, developers making games for consoles have to ensure they can be used by young children, computer-illiterate seniors, the mentally deficient, Apple users, and Republicans.

The result of this has been devastating for PC users. We used to get games like Morrowind; now we get Skyrim -- pretty to look at, but deliberately dumbed-down to be friendly and easy to use for the 9 year olds ("console kiddies") who bankroll Bethesda with their mommies' video game money.

If you go back and play games which were designed for the PC first and later ported to consoles, rather than the other way around, you'll find that they are almost inevitably more complex, require higher critical thinking skills, and have more immersive gameplay designed to last many hours rather than the ten minutes between the end of The X Factor and when the Hot Pockets come out of the microwave.

I was going to rate this but I couldn't find the "fluff you" button

Ned

Nerevarine
New Vegas wasn't harder. Just different. Spend a few hours playing and you are loaded up with ammo and crazy guns that kill anything. You can walk right into the room, freeze time with VATS, punch in how and where each bad guy in the room is going to die, and then kick back and watch the gore.

You want Skyrim to be hard? Put it on master difficulty and and play a magic user from the beginning.

Hell, play any character on master difficulty with no crafting perks.

This is just a thinly veiled hate/elitism thread.

PoisonPen

I like how the people who are actually ranting get back-patting and high-fives from console users who are experiencing grievous levels of butthurt. Never mind that I indicated clearly that using a console doesn't make one stupid, just that consoles greater lower the bar for minimum necessary intelligence for operation, thus lowering the "sweet spot" developers have to hit for maximum profit. Instead, let's construct a trite narrative about being the put-upon Joe the Plumber standing up to the champagne-sipping elite! Isn't make-believe fun?

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
I like how the people who are actually ranting get back-patting and high-fives from console users who are experiencing grievous levels of butthurt. Never mind that I indicated clearly that using a console doesn't make one stupid, just that consoles greater lower the bar for minimum necessary intelligence for operation, thus lowering the "sweet spot" developers have to hit for maximum profit. Instead, let's construct a trite narrative about being the put-upon Joe the Plumber standing up to the champagne-sipping elite! Isn't make-believe fun?
Good comeback in the defense of you getting called out for trying to put down console users for choosing a Less Expensive, Easier to Use and More Readily available alternative to playing Video Games. Seriously though

All I've gathered from all of your posts in this thread:

"Console users are for stupid people and PC users are for intelligent people why can't everybody just buy a gaming PC I know because they're unintelligent republicans"

fluff off. You're not going to earn the respect of anybody here by whining and screaming about how consoles are cancer and how developers need to cater towards an elitist.

This guy is so fl*ffing edgy. He must be such a hardcore badass that he-

... went a forum dedicated to Skyrim and complained that console users didn't have to be smart, which totally isn't an elitist thing to say at all. Besides, as you said in your first post, you said you decked out the game with mods that are built to increse difficulty. Don't complain to us that your modified version of a game not even made my Bethasda makes Skyrim stupid and boring and easy, and especially don't call the console users (More than 75 percent of the forum) stupid.

We done? Yeah, we done.

SprSynJn

You're so cool. Can I be your friend?

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
"Do people actually read the postings here?" Search for that thread and read it, think this was just a cleverly designed way to get a more "colorful" reaction out of everyone.

HEFFAY

Poison Pen, Why are you so angry that a video game company, makes games for kids. That's like going into a pizza place and being upset they don't serve a lobster dinner...

Anyway an old saying comes to mind "don't hate the player hate the game"

What's the over/under that poison pen is a 40 year old virgin, still living with his parents, and his super computer was a Christmas present?

Reactions: 123

Appaullo

Hey, 1 2 3 ...

PoisonPen does NOT make PC gamers look like asses. He just makes himself look like an ass. And he seems like hes really, REALLY angry about something. Something deeply personal to himself maybe, so to vent a bit of frustration he just rants on the internet? I don't know. Just a thought.

Appaullo

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Games designed for PC are much harder than games designed for consoles. This is because it takes a certain base level of intelligence to operate and maintain a PC. While I'm sure there are nuclear physicists and great philosophers who own an Xbox, the fact is that all it takes to possess one is pocket change and chimp-level intelligence sufficient to plug in a power cord and press the 'on' button. Ask yourself why there are almost no turn-based or real-time strategy games for console -- and the few that exist, like Civilization, are dumbed down and simplified. It takes no more computing power to make a complex strategy game than a simple one. It's because the people using consoles don't have that minimum-intelligence cut-off that PC users do. In order to turn the maximum level of profit, developers making games for consoles have to ensure they can be used by young children, computer-illiterate seniors, the mentally deficient, Apple users, and Republicans.

The result of this has been devastating for PC users. We used to get games like Morrowind; now we get Skyrim -- pretty to look at, but deliberately dumbed-down to be friendly and easy to use for the 9 year olds ("console kiddies") who bankroll Bethesda with their mommies' video game money.

If you go back and play games which were designed for the PC first and later ported to consoles, rather than the other way around, you'll find that they are almost inevitably more complex, require higher critical thinking skills, and have more immersive gameplay designed to last many hours rather than the ten minutes between the end of The X Factor and when the Hot Pockets come out of the microwave.
Oh i see, i guess its whatever your used to, i enjoy old pc games the problem is getting alot of them to work on my pc, windows 7 is too advanced for even the newer fallout 3 to work. Morrowind works fine but daggerfall and arena wont.

After ages of trying to get em to work i gave up. Im fine with xbox modern games for the most part but i wont lie and say i wouldn't like to play the first 2 elder scrolls. Its just too stressful working a pc's system updates, installing and repairing stuff etc....

Anyways i thought you meant like new vegas pc is harder than xbox, i agree that its a shame that pc users get simpler games due to games having to be near enough the same as console versions.