PC Skyrim Visuals not working! Please help!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Eskiinette

have several mods that add effects to the game (eg: get drunk) but the visuals never work.
I installed the Skyrim Cannabis mod, and toggled visuals off, but it won't install again and I can't turn them back on. I'm pretty sure that's the problem. If it's not can someone please tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

Iveri Sarothil

Can you post a list/screenshot of the mods you use, in their load order? I'm not sure what you mean when you say it won't install again - are you using Nexus Mod Manager or putting it in manually? There shouldn't be anything preventing you from actually putting the mod in your game, it just might not be activating properly.

Eskiinette

No, like when I try to download it my winrar fluffs up and say's it's corrupt. I can't even download it.
I guess that was needed to be explained.
Uhm, also I am installing it manually. I hate NMM... no offense.

Iveri Sarothil

Odd...usually when that happens to me, my internet's really slow, or the download itself is broken. But I didn't see anything on the mod page reporting any download issues. Have you tried removing all of your mods and putting them back in one at a time? If you've got a lot of mods that utilize visual effects, there might be a conflict, especially if you've put them in manually. Also, what did you mean by toggling off visuals? As in, turn off all magic effects and whatnot?

And there's nothing wrong with preferring to opt out of NMM (I only use it because I'm horrible at staying organized) - bloody thing kinks up sometimes.

Eskiinette

I disabled visuals because there's this thing in the Cannabis mod called Skyrim Cannabis Options, or something and on that item it has the option to turn off visual effects (eg: weed effects).
Uhm, for putting them all in, I can't do that. Well for some at least. Since a lot of them go into my meshes/textures folder. :'(

Iveri Sarothil

Eugh, yeah...that's the downside to manual mod installation. Unfortunately, to weed out the problem, it's best to remove any and all mods you've got. First go to your launcher, click Data Files, and disable (uncheck) everything. Nothing should be left but whatever you've changed in meshes/textures, and you can just move those to your desktop temporarily. If you're using SKSE, definitely make sure it's updated.

You can put the Cannabis mod back in to see if anything's changed, as long as it's the only mod in your game folder. Why don't you try that, and then post results? It definitely sounds like a mod conflict, or at least something with your load order.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts