• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Dragonborn: Sean Bean :D
Jarl Balgruuf: Liam Neeson
General Tullius: Harrison Ford/Tommy Lee Jones
Ulfric: Arnold Shwartshiwaniwansadhdsajknfasj
Esbern: Sean Connery
Delphine: Laurie Holden
Lydia: Lucy Lawless

Not sure if I did that right

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
It has the potential to be epic. An all-star cast would be essential. Think lord of the rings, it would need to be similar in a lot of ways for it to seem genuine. However, I think Skyrim could be even better. Sam Worthington as the dragon born. Angelina Jolie as Lydia, Mila Kunis as Aela, Halle Berry as Sadia from the Bannered Mare, Jaime Pressly as the blacksmith in whiterun, Jennifer Morrison as my wife....wait what where we talking about again?:D

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
It has the potential to be epic. An all-star cast would be essential. Think lord of the rings, it would need to be similar in a lot of ways for it to seem genuine. However, I think Skyrim could be even better. Sam Worthington as the dragon born. Angelina Jolie as Lydia, Mila Kunis as Aela, Halle Berry as Sadia from the Bannered Mare, Jaime Pressly as the blacksmith in whiterun, Jennifer Morrison as my wife....wait what where we talking about again?:D
Thats not bad!

But it would be better as a TV show like Game of Thrones

High King of Skyrim

Thats not bad!

But it would be better as a TV show like Game of Thrones
Good point. Game Of Thrones is my favourite tv show atm. The tv format would allow for nearly every aspect of the game to be included. Whereas an epic movie would be awesome if done properly but couldn't encompass everything we Skyrimmers would expect....I'd buy a ticket though:D

Locks066

Alot to consider with the dragonborn.... Rerember he was and only is sent by the gods on desperate times of need. He his someone who lives and breaths for one purpose. The freedom of the dragonborn is pretty much zero cause dragons are at the high numbers and people are always at need. He would have no time for anything but for his true purpose. That said the dragonborn might have to be a little on the serious side and never show weakness. He was sent by the gods he must be pretty much a silent strong type. He would live and breath the same days over and over... Fighting a dragon or saving people from any dangers that lurk. He wouldn't seem to be a people person. To me in my opion he is basically a summon by the gods. His time may be longer but he was summon to kill and not given the freedom to choose. Maybe a few things like why would the dragonborn need to learn shouts when he is sent on a time of desperate need if the gods sent him down to be their weapon when the world needed it the most dont you think they would atleast give him the tools he needs to be that weapon. Just a few things to consider when choosing a someone to be dragonborn ^^

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Good point. Game Of Thrones is my favourite tv show atm.

Have you read the books?

On topic, TV shows are much more versatile when trying to translate a game or book onto the big screen. A TV show allows you to plan what goes in each episode so you can separate events properly.

A movie just crams everything together in a summary.

Imagine any season of a Game of Thrones / any book of a Song of Ice and Fire (same thing) being crammed into one, two and a half hour long movie? You couldn't do it without having to cut so much out that it gets to the point where half the story isn't there. The books are ~1000 pages, you can't hope to cover that in two and a half hours.

Anyways, Skyrim: The TV Show. Enough said.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming

lol well if they made Skyrim the Trilogy... just saying plus Skyrim is no where as deep as a book. I am sorry but very few games can compete with a book in terms of detailed story telling. Now could Skyrim even need multiple Movies and still tell the whole story... not especially.

Now I will admit if it was a TV show I doubt I would watch it. If it was a show set in Skyrim but not really tied to the Main Quest then maybe. Basically Main Quest can be a movie or a few movies, and like the Civil War and other guild's could be a Television series.

Imagine it, a where each season focuses on one Faction at a time. Each storyline relatively unrelated, but every now again cameos or references to particular unique events and characters...

High King of Skyrim

Have you read the books?

On topic, TV shows are much more versatile when trying to translate a game or book onto the big screen. A TV show allows you to plan what goes in each episode so you can separate events properly.

A movie just crams everything together in a summary.

Imagine any season of a Game of Thrones / any book of a Song of Ice and Fire (same thing) being crammed into one, two and a half hour long movie? You couldn't do it without having to cut so much out that it gets to the point where half the story isn't there. The books are ~1000 pages, you can't hope to cover that in two and a half hours.

I am reading one of the books now and I must say it's awesome. Although, I can't be sure what book it is in terms of the series. So the next book I buy may be the one before the one I'm reading.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
lol well if they made Skyrim the Trilogy... just saying plus Skyrim is no where as deep as a book. I am sorry but very few games can compete with a book in terms of detailed story telling. Now could Skyrim even need multiple Movies and still tell the whole story... not especially.

Now I will admit if it was a TV show I doubt I would watch it. If it was a show set in Skyrim but not really tied to the Main Quest then maybe. Basically Main Quest can be a movie or a few movies, and like the Civil War and other guild's could be a Television series.

Imagine it, a where each season focuses on one Faction at a time. Each storyline relatively unrelated, but every now again cameos or references to particular unique events and characters...

Exactly.

I am reading one of the books now and I must say it's awesome. Although, I can't be sure what book it is in terms of the series. So the next book I buy may be the one before the one I'm reading.

The first book is the first season. The second book is the second season.

A Game of Thrones - Season One

A Clash of Kings - Season Two

A Storm of Swords - Season Three

And that's as far as the TV show has come. The book series is on book five, and George R.R. Martin plans for two more books, if he doesn't die before he finishes and publishes them. Damn that man is old.

And it took him six years to write A Dance with Dragons! Kidding?!

Stephen Daidalus

Have you ever tried to write a book or a song... That pl*ps is hard.

Few people can summons the concentration, passion, and dedication to work alone on a single project for several years.

Writing a book isn't that hard. I've done it. It's even easier if you type very fast. However, writing a book that other people would pay money to read is almost impossible.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Few people can summons the concentration, passion, and dedication to work alone on a single project for several years.

Writing a book isn't that hard. I've done it. It's even easier if you type very fast. However, writing a book that other people would pay money to read is almost impossible.

lol I suppose. All I know is that school and focus is something I didn't have enough of. Can I see your book sometime? Could you PM me what it was about?

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
Matt Smith as Dragonborn and Jenna Louise Coleman as Lydia. Also, Leonardo DiCaprio as Mercer Frey and Will Smith as Isran.

Aethalia

I can't really see a Skyrim movie being good, honestly. Maybe mediocre, but not much more. Especially with the writers and directors we have today.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts