SkyRim PS3 Load Issue- Please Assist

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Glorfindel

Dearest SkyRimmers,

I bought a PS3 and returned to gaming 1 week ago- solely to play SkyRim after having been told what a wonderfully immersive experience it would be.

I have been playing for a week and clocked up about 30 hours of gaming time. I love this amazing game and this forum has been fantastic for the advice that I have recieved so for, and for browsing in general.

I have a major issue though. I switched on my PS3 and tried to load my game yesterday and basically it freezes during the load process (freezing on the 'hints' screen when you are shown a rotatable item/ character and a hint or tip, along with your character's level- Level 10 in the case of my High Elf).

Well I've tried to restart many times, and have tried to load different save files- all to no avail. I am now frustrated and downcast that I may well have lost about 30 hours of playing time.

Can anyone help who may know about or have experienced this problem?

I thought back to what tasks I had ran my PS3 through since the last time the game loaded correctly, and I did save some video content on my PS3 (about 1 gig of video, on my PS3 Slim 320 gig harddrive- incidentally Series One of 'The Inbetweeners'' [UK version])... Perhaps this has caused the problem- but I have deleted all the files and tried to reload- and still no joy.

Anxiously waiting your assistance. I hope I don't have to take this game back to the store.

Glorfindel

Nakatsu_Hime

I would go into the GameData Utility section of the XMB and delete all Skyrim data. This is NOT your saves, but the game install data and patch.
Then restart game and allow it to reinstall and download its patches.

Solitude

Inactive
if you did what Nakastu_Hime said, and it still didnt work, then try deleting the data again "NOT the saves" and re install it, but dont download any patches. See if that helps.

Glorfindel

Guys,

Thanks first for responding!

I resolved it, in this manner...

I started a new game (which loaded) and saved it.

Then I tried to reload my earlier save file and it worked!

I will keep your comments in mind for future issues.

Thx,

Glor

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts