• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shurlston

Alright I'm very very frustrated right now with Skyrim for the ps3. I'm just shy of 150hrs I'm lvl 52 and my savegame file is now over 13mb's in size. I cannot get anywhere in this game now without it freezing up and having to restart my ps3. The last patch helped my framerate and stopped all freezing it was doing when my save files were below 12mb's but now that its over it everything I try to do or anywhere I go freezes the game after 5 minutes of play. I doubt its my ps3 cause its under a year old with 81gigs of memory still open, and no other games I have freeze like this.

I've tried loading different save games and auto saves with my same character just to see if it was a corrupted save but the same thing happens over and over. This game is amazing and understand there will be bugs cause of this games size but this is just plain horrible. So please for the love of god fix this crap.

Mad-God Rigamortis TuDoap

Rogue Extraordinaire
Turn off your Auto-Saves, such as save on wait, rest, etc.. this will require you to save manually though which can be a forgetful habit. Also, go to your saved games file- there are most likely corrupted data in there from the previous auto-saves. I have 100+ hours and had the same problem until I did this, something about trying to load a large area whilst saving a big character messes up the system and causes it to freeze.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Bethesda said that patch 1.3 was gonna help more with the framerate and freezing. I play Skyrim on the PS3 too and I get those freezes every now and then. Mostly after 8-10 hours of continuous play and my save file is about 7mb. Try turning off auto saves. It helped me out alittle.

LordTalos

on PC with 120 hours and running smooth on high setttings
Should of got it for PS3 because I like freezing and 5fps

shurlston

I had auto saves all off for the longest time but yea became a painful forgetful habbit not to save and then freezing up hehe. That was also prepatch. Many times had to do quests over. Right now I have only auto save on travel on but I'll try turning that back off and see if that helps.

Thanks guys

pizllexam

i have the exact same problem on a ps3 thats probably 4+ years old. its started happening to me when i downloaded psn's version 4.0 updatde. before that it worked like a gem, my saves are around 12mb and i'm lvl 41 or so. hopefully this patch that comes out will unscrew this nightmare.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I play on PS3, and I used to encounter frame-rate issues commonly. Since the update though, I haven't. My game save is currently on 9.5MB.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts