• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skyrim guy

Hi everyone I am very low and magic skill but I need to get a paralyzed potion is there any way to get this or do I have to make it

AS88

Staff member
Elderscrollswiki and uesp are you friends..

There's one in the basement at Anise's Cabin, and you can find them as loot or buy them from vendors. You can craft them though, some of the ingredients are common in Hjaalmarch

AS88

Staff member
Alchemist's Stores, there's one in each Hold Capital (except Winterhold)

Drax Rifter

The Khajiit merchant you see outside cities often stock them. They are a great source for other potent poisons.

Twiffle

Ahh Alchemy, one of my favourite classes. Mix any 2 of the following, briar heart, canis root, human flesh, imp stool, swamp fungal pod, easily aquired from potion vendors, if you want anything else or locations to find them just let me know.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Don’t buy anything !! DON’T ... go to Dawnstar and loot the invisible chest and you will find a lot of potions like the one you need or simply, do what Twiffle advised you ... I don’t steal, I take .... lol ... ;)

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Is there a list, compliation, web site, someting, that shows how to make some potions? I thought about trying the alchemy, but I have no idea how to do that skill. I understand swinging a weapon, putting on armor, upgrading armor, casting spells, picking locks, sales, but alchemy......:confused:

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Is there a list, compliation, web site, someting, that shows how to make some potions? I thought about trying the alchemy, but I have no idea how to do that skill. I understand swinging a weapon, putting on armor, upgrading armor, casting spells, picking locks, sales, but alchemy......:confused:
There's actually a book you can stumble upon as you're going about your business that addresses alchemy, but really all you need to do is gather up EVERY ingredient you come across (they're everywhere) and EAT one of each. Even Eyeballs and swamp fungal pods. Hell, my friend ate Dwarven oil once. Once you eat the ingredient, you discover its effects. Then when you create potions, if you have the right ingredients, the potion you can create will be bolded in the list. It's really a no-brainer. Your potions will be weak unless you continue to level up the Alchemy skill.

Whisper34

There are actually alchemy apps for your android that you can find on the play store. One called Skyrim Alchemist is my favorite.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
There's actually a book you can stumble upon as you're going about your business that addresses alchemy, but really all you need to do is gather up EVERY ingredient you come across (they're everywhere) and EAT one of each. Even Eyeballs and swamp fungal pods. Hell, my friend ate Dwarven oil once. Once you eat the ingredient, you discover its effects. Then when you create potions, if you have the right ingredients, the potion you can create will be bolded in the list. It's really a no-brainer. Your potions will be weak unless you continue to level up the Alchemy skill.

You don’t want to eat a nasty-filthy-giant-toe, do you ? I will check the net and put in your browser : how to create paralyze potions ... and viola, thousands of tips bro ... easier and you don’t have to swallow nasty stuff .. just my 2 cents .... :confused:

Twiffle

Try this for starters . http://rp.eliteskills.com/skyrim.html

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Thanks everyone for the links. I have another question for your alchemists concerning these potions. I see multiple effects for the potions. How do I know which one will be in effect?

For example, I create a potion that has these three effects:
Damage Stamina Regen + Fortify Carry Weight + Fortify Health.

If I drink this potion, will all three affect me?

What about if I put that on a weapon and shoot something with it?

What will happen to my target?

Twiffle

Thanks everyone for the links. I have another question for your alchemists concerning these potions. I see multiple effects for the potions. How do I know which one will be in effect?

For example, I create a potion that has these three effects:
Damage Stamina Regen + Fortify Carry Weight + Fortify Health.

If I drink this potion, will all three affect me?

What about if I put that on a weapon and shoot something with it?

What will happen to my target?

the answer is yes and yes for both target and self,

try this one for specific potions . http://skyrim.melian.cc/?cmd=cmdSkyrimAlchemyWizard