Skyrim pickpocketing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HanfDJ

Is there any possibility to level pickpocketing without actually having to pickpocket people? I heard from a couple friends that I should just train it to 100 but I have never used a trainer before. I don't even think it is possible to train a skill to 100 but I don't really know. I'm really not a huge fan of pickpocketing/stealing is there anyway around having to pickpocket people in Skyrim to level this skill up? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Moon Money

I have level 100 Pickpocketing on my Retired account. It's not possible to train any skill to 100 with a trainer. It goes to 90, and costs a TON! I found that the fastest possible way of leveling Pickpocketing is to join the Thieves Guild and get a small bounty(Preferably while pickpocketing). Bribe the guard to overlook the crime, when he turns around, pickpocket all your gold back. I had a lot of gold, around 60,000 on me while I did this, so I was bribing him 800+ gold each try. I leveled up everytime I got the money back until around level 95. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Tryn

Premium Member
Talk to some of the city beggars, you might be surprised what they know about picking pockets :)

Niq

If you want the Pickpocket skill, you pickpocket people. if you dont want to pickpocket people, the skill is useless....

ShadowGambit

if you don't like to pickpocket per se, meaning the hassle of getting caught and the need to be careful, then just one word: PARALYZE.

Paralyze spell allows you to "pickpocket" without impunity, if you do it from behind and out of sight. You ALWAYS succeed, even if the pickpocket system says that you have 0% chance of success.

Moonwort

Leveling pickpocket through illusion magic is my favorite way to do it. With calm moderately perked you can level illusion, sneak, and pickpocket fairly rapidly in any bandit or foresworn camp. Isolate 1 sentry, calm, pickpocket, backstab, repeat. You still might fail the pickpocket, but there are no consequences if you are caught. By the time you get to a foe that is too powerful to calm, all of his/her lackies will be dead and you can set to with destruction magics or the blade.

Training is fairly cheap when your pickpocket skill is low, but it can quickly add up.

elfmoose

With my last character I had great fun pickpocketing bandits and forsworn before killing them. My sneak level was pretty high at the time and I had muffle and sneak enchantments on my boots. I could wander all over a camp without being seen and pickpocket everyone and then attack to finish the quest.

Right now, as a new character, I am able to sometimes sneak up on lower level NPCs (if no one else is nearby) and pickpocket things but it doesn't always work. That's the only way to get better at it though.

Moon Money

Have you ever pickpocketed a Briarheart Forsworn and stole his briarheart? So funny to watch them keel over dead.

So funny you should mention that. I did it for the the first time about a week ago. I never knew it wa possible. So funny!!:)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts