• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
If you could make an addition to Skyrim, what would it be? Excluding present mods of course (they have everythingXD)

Honestly, I'd do something minor like portable campsites or a horse whistle. It would allow for better role playing and actually be practical

If you could make an addition to Skyrim, what would it be? Excluding present mods of course (they have everythingXD)

Honestly, I'd do something minor like portable campsites or a horse whistle. It would allow for better role playing and actually be practical

I have a long wish list (I'm on console, so no modding for me):

1) The ability to complete the civil war questline without having to start the main quest.
2) A hardcore survival mode that requires eating, sleeping, and protection from the elements.
3) More available jobs/occupations.
4) The ability to name your own potions.
5) The ability to name your weapons without having to enchant them.
6) The ability to name your horse.
7) Customizable clothes and armor.
8) Joinable bandit and Forwsworn factions.
9) More "lessons" at the College of Winterhold
10) Imperial or Stormcloak followers beyond the scripted missions.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
- More options to customize your weapon and armors
- the ability to allow your follower to ride a horse as well
- the ability to enchant your weapon with a HASTE enchant to make it faster
- the ability to create your own Nithingale Armor to be enchanted as you wish
- the ability to create your own Arch-Mage armor to be enchanted as you wish
- the ability to have a Daedric LIGHT ARMOR
- the ability to put 3 enchanting effects on at least one item that you are wearing ( as a bonus if you meet some goals )
- the ability to use 2 rings instead only one
- the ability to have more conversation options with your wife or follower
- the ability to build your own palace or castle with more customizable options
- the ability to build your own home either with wood, rock or darwen material or combination of all
- the ability to create your own SOUL GEMS so you don't have to buy them from merchants only
- the ability to put in jail or to report any freaking guard trying to bribe you if you are a Thane in that hold
- the ability to marry Lydia, Serana and the Jarl in Solitude
- the ability to conjure a LURKE
- the ability to make Serana as one of your followers so she obey your commands as your follower does
- the ability to ride a dragon to take you anywhere of your choice
- the ability to COMMAND a dragon to fight for you once a day
- the ability to throw fire and frost like dragon does
- the ability to throw SHOCK from your mouth
- the ability to kill Jarls ( I would love to kill Maven Black-Briar )
- the ability to have your own guards ( at least 2 and under your payroll ) watching the entrance of your home or a Troll protecting your home from freaking vampires ( Stewards does not count )
- the ability to have your own quarter in the Fort Dawnguard
- more missions to accomplish on each hold were you are a Thane and when requested by Jarls

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I'd love the ability to customize my house without everything flying all over the place the second I leave...I swear, it's like I have ghosts...

Other than that, more role-playing options, especially with dialogue.

Also, I'd love to see your actions' effects on the world...It makes no sense to be ridiculed for something by someone in passing directly after saving the world. Can't even say that they didn't hear about it, because the guards even know you're in the Dark Brotherhood minutes afterwards...

One last thing I'd love to have is the ability to remarry after your spouse dies.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Able to combine races and have a kid, we can already marry outside of our own race so why not have a kid with both races involved? Perhaps have a custom race where it's a combo of this and that with both active effects and balanced bonuses in between. My friend and I were discussing today about the next DLC and about having a dragon tree like that of Werewolf and Vampire given by Dawnguard. Temp transformation into a dragon would be awesome.
Another would be more non-betrayed Falmer. They say that most were either killed or driven off underground or elsewhere so why not have a Trail of Tears sort of thing going on and have another place where Falmer co-exist with others.

Another addition would have to be being able to grip and pull yourself up with your hands if you have no weapons equipped. I have many times became peeved because the jump isn't even that high in which you can literally take a BIG STEP and you're up but because you must put everything into each jump, you can't make it up there. Add a ledge grab like in AC or Dishonored (if they have it in there but it looks like there is) and help pull yourself up, how about being able to squeeze through openings like in Transformers Fall of Cybertron, you just approach it and activate the scene like how you would interact with everything else.

Another would have to be a parry option, I would love to be able to parry and counter as well against fast attackers such as the Forsworn which even high leveled blocks can't keep you from losing some health from those flurry of attacks. To be able to parry and/or counter would be beautiful and add more fun to combat instead of letting it become repetitive.

Horse whistle like in Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood

The ability to kill Delphine and Esbern would be fantastic
That would be fantastic, after finishing the quests you need them for, it would be awesome to no longer have them and anyone else as essential. This goes for the Thieves Guild as well, some I would love to just slaughter to prove my point that I'm not the kind to be talked down to and talked trash about like I'm some sort of weakling. Perhaps even have more dialogue options to essential characters when they threaten us such as "I killed many dragons, mammoths, giants, and even cleared out bandit camps, forsworn settlements, and lairs infested with spiders, ghosts, Falmer, and draugr on my own, I don't have to take plops talk from you."

Howarthee

Able to combine races and have a kid, we can already marry outside of our own race so why not have a kid with both races involved? Perhaps have a custom race where it's a combo of this and that with both active effects and balanced bonuses in between.
Sorry to tell you, but lore-wise, hybrids are not possible. The child takes on the race of the mother. Not sure about things like bonuses and effects...

Benthos

Proud Mer
Sorry to tell you, but lore-wise, hybrids are not possible. The child takes on the race of the mother. Not sure about things like bonuses and effects...

Wishmaker1234

Speaker to the Dazed
I would add better unarmed combat, when I first played the game I was unarmed frankly because of Robbaz. Later I realized fist of steel perk is very misleading. So I think they should add special moves you can do in unarmed kinda like in Fallout New Vegas. Gauntlets should have enchantments like shock, frost, fire, and paralyze on contact.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
There is a book. A skill book, Racial Phylogeny. It talks about the possible conception of hybrid races.

There should also be more magic. Definitely nature magic like Conjure Spriggan. Or earthquake. Or beast thrall. Barrier spells would be awesome as well. Temporary skill buff spells. And blink.

ShadowHunter

Able to combine races and have a kid, we can already marry outside of our own race so why not have a kid with both races involved? Perhaps have a custom race where it's a combo of this and that with both active effects and balanced bonuses in between. My friend and I were discussing today about the next DLC and about having a dragon tree like that of Werewolf and Vampire given by Dawnguard. Temp transformation into a dragon would be awesome.
Another would be more non-betrayed Falmer. They say that most were either killed or driven off underground or elsewhere so why not have a Trail of Tears sort of thing going on and have another place where Falmer co-exist with others.

Another addition would have to be being able to grip and pull yourself up with your hands if you have no weapons equipped. I have many times became peeved because the jump isn't even that high in which you can literally take a BIG STEP and you're up but because you must put everything into each jump, you can't make it up there. Add a ledge grab like in AC or Dishonored (if they have it in there but it looks like there is) and help pull yourself up, how about being able to squeeze through openings like in Transformers Fall of Cybertron, you just approach it and activate the scene like how you would interact with everything else.

Another would have to be a parry option, I would love to be able to parry and counter as well against fast attackers such as the Forsworn which even high leveled blocks can't keep you from losing some health from those flurry of attacks. To be able to parry and/or counter would be beautiful and add more fun to combat instead of letting it become repetitive.

Horse whistle like in Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood

That would be fantastic, after finishing the quests you need them for, it would be awesome to no longer have them and anyone else as essential. This goes for the Thieves Guild as well, some I would love to just slaughter to prove my point that I'm not the kind to be talked down to and talked trash about like I'm some sort of weakling. Perhaps even have more dialogue options to essential characters when they threaten us such as "I killed many dragons, mammoths, giants, and even cleared out bandit camps, forsworn settlements, and lairs infested with spiders, ghosts, Falmer, and draugr on my own, I don't have to take pl*** talk from you."
I would like to tell Delphine "you want Paarthurnax? You have to go through me first bitch!"

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I agree, Esbern and Delphine are idiots and I tried to kill them but they simply don't die. I would like a spell to make any woman to fall in love with me right away with no question asked ... lol ... also, I would love to terminate for ever the freaking Maven Black-Briar.
Also, those guards that know who you are and don't show you any respect being who you are ( a Thane, a Legatus and practically a hero ) they should be either put in jail or killed. I have kill some of them. Matter of fact I killed Faendal and Sven in Riverwood. They were just telling to back off from Camila like if I was getting in the middle so I cut their head off in no time and I paid the bounty. From now on, every single guard who bother me, is terminated by using my sneaking ability. No bounty. They should show more respect and discontinue bribing you as if you were a common rabble.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I agree, Esbern and Delphine are idiots and I tried to kill them but they simply don't die. I would like a spell to make any woman to fall in love with me right away with no question asked ... lol ... also, I would love to terminate for ever the freaking Maven Black-Briar.
Also, those guards that know who you are and don't show you any respect being who you are ( a Thane, a Legatus and practically a hero ) they should be either put in jail or killed. I have kill some of them. Matter of fact I killed Faendal and Sven in Riverwood. They were just telling to back off from Camila like if I was getting in the middle so I cut their head off in no time and I paid the bounty. From now on, every single guard who bother me, is terminated by using my sneaking ability. No bounty. They should show more respect and discontinue bribing you as if you were a common rabble.
Yeah, when Sven was saying that Ram-Ku was nothing but trouble, he promptly killed him while Rumar (his younger brother's profile) Sven was his follower. This was months before starting Ram-Ku's profile that I sent Sven to Boethiah's shrine and killed him there. Serves that filthy bard right! Ram-Ku had Faendal follow him for a while until I no longer needed him then promptly killed him at the Blacksmith's place in Riverwood at night. No bounty but I was paid inheritance for his death.

I would like to get rid of Maven and marry her daughter.
Awww_yeah.jpg

AS88

Staff member

Not really impossible per se.

"Generally the offspring bear the racial traits of the mother, though some traces of the father's race may also be present."
Racial Phylogeny

Just nitpicking :p

Also, a lot of the suggestions people are mentioning are actually available as mods. Get searching!

Morgan

Not really impossible per se.

"Generally the offspring bear the racial traits of the mother, though some traces of the father's race may also be present."
Racial Phylogeny

Just nitpicking :p

A bit more nitpicking, but also just because something is written in an in-game book doesn't make it hard and fast. The in-game author could have been just plain wrong. To compare with RL, there's been some pretty ridiculous information about medicine and biology written by "experts" and accepted as fact for centuries, just because it was in a book. No less an authority than Aristotle wrote that men had 32 teeth while women only had 30 and insisted that the center of thought was the heart, while the brain just served to cool and filter blood.

Howarthee

Also, a lot of the suggestions people are mentioning are actually available as mods. Get searching!
A lot of things are probably being suggested because they either have a console or don't like installing mods...I fall into the former. :p

I kinda agree with Morgan on the other part, I'm sure we could find books that are completely false in Skyrim if we looked hard enough, but I'm thinking that they'd probably have the mother's race and the father's abilities instead of being a hybrid race.

AS88

Staff member
A bit more nitpicking, but also just because something is written in an in-game book doesn't make it hard and fast.

Of course it doesn't, but do you have anything to disprove the theory? If not, it's as close as we have. There are dozens of books which are nonsense, but the one I quoted was a publication from the Council of Healers at the Imperial University. If you've read the book, you'll also know that the author admits to not knowing much about the reproductive biology of Orcs, classing them along with "goblins, trolls, harpies," etc, so I realise it's not 100% reliable. Although, you would think the Imperial Council of Healers at the time would have known a little about multi-racial reproduction simply due to the abundance of case studies.

I take your point, but if we have nothing to go against it or prove it false, how can we seek to belittle and refute it? Aside from the Orc thing of course, but that would have been due to a lack of knowledge about that one race, who were traditionally seen as brutish and beastly. Even Tiber Septim was purported to have classed the Orcs as 'miscreated' in The Real Barenziah: Part III. The Council of Healers sound like a pretty reputable source, and the book has appeared in three Elder Scrolls games. All I was doing was providing an in-game source.

A lot of things are probably being suggested because they either have a console or don't like installing mods...I fall into the former. :p

Yeah, I'm on console, too :sadface: Although I'm hoping to buy a gaming PC in the next few months so I've been on the lookout for mods to add to my 'must install' list :p There is an awful lot of good stuff out there, things that I never even thought of until I saw them, at which point I was desperate to have it :rolleyes:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Of course it doesn't, but do you have anything to disprove the theory? If not, it's as close as we have. There are dozens of books which are nonsense, but the one I quoted was a publication from the Council of Healers at the Imperial University. If you've read the book, you'll also know that the author admits to not knowing much about the reproductive biology of Orcs, classing them along with "goblins, trolls, harpies," etc, so I realise it's not 100% reliable. Although, you would think the Imperial Council of Healers at the time would have known a little about multi-racial reproduction simply due to the abundance of case studies.

I take your point, but if we have nothing to go against it or prove it false, how can we seek to belittle and refute it? Aside from the Orc thing of course, but that would have been due to a lack of knowledge about that one race, who were traditionally seen as brutish and beastly. Even Tiber Septim was purported to have classed the Orcs as 'miscreated' in The Real Barenziah: Part III. The Council of Healers sound like a pretty reputable source, and the book has appeared in three Elder Scrolls games. All I was doing was providing an in-game source.

It takes on one race or the other in terms of reproduction between the races. This is noted with Pelagius Septim III, who was Breton and his wife was Dunmer who later became Empress, which their son Emperor Cassynder was Breton which meant he took on his fathers race instead of the mother.

AS88

Staff member
It takes on one race or the other in terms of reproduction between the races. This is noted with Pelagius Septim III, who was Breton and his wife was Dunmer who later became Empress, which their son Emperor Cassynder was Breton which meant he took on his fathers race instead of the mother.

Awesome. If there's evidence put forward which disputes a book, I have no cause to argue.

Although, wasn't Pelagius III the son of mixed Altmer (mother) and Imperial (father) blood?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts