• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
I play Skyrim on PC :) My brother always uses the Xbox, so I'd never get a chance to use it on that anyway XD But I really like PC, just because there are a lot of mods that really improve the game, and also you can experiment with cheat codes.

Yeah, i think the PC is best. You have access to mods, the console, etc.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
I play Skyrim on PC :) My brother always uses the Xbox, so I'd never get a chance to use it on that anyway XD But I really like PC, just because there are a lot of mods that really improve the game, and also you can experiment with cheat codes.

I have never experienced mods but I hear pros and cons all the time.

Some of the gameplay mods such as the enhanced water mod, rotating seasons and general graphical enhancements on the Nexus seem great but iv'e never gotten a chance to try them.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
I have never experienced mods but I hear pros and cons all the time.

Some of the gameplay mods such as the enhanced water mod, rotating seasons and general graphical enhancements on the Nexus seem great but iv'e never gotten a chance to try them.

The graphic mods are definitely amazing :) There are ones that enhance the night skies as well, makes for some really beautiful screenshots!

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I owned a X-Box, but it broke down on me before I got to play Skyrim on it.

I own a PS3 and have played Skyrim on that platform since I got it. I just recently built a gaming PC and I got Skyrim and Dawnguard installed about 2 days ago.

For me, PC kills console. It feels like I'm playing a totally different game. The graphics are superior. My load screens take about 3 seconds. The mods and the commands are a huge advantage. The game is literally open to me in ways I would've never been able to experience it on PS3.

If only Metal Gear Solid was on PC. ;)

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I bought Skyrim for the XBOX last year, but I recently got a good PC so I've converted to that :D

Mods do make a big difference for me

Ivory

Let's Player
Use Xbox, plan to switch to PC if my dead end job ever improves :p

Saozig

Hippy
Xbox and unapologetic.

I have been a PC gamer for years. I got an Xbox last January because 1) my aging gaming laptop can't run newer games I want to play and I can't afford a new one (that I'm willing pay money for) and 2) I've been playing games on PCs since the late 80's and quite honestly, I just wanted a break from it.

Shortly after getting my Xbox, I got Skyrim and it's basically the only game I play on it.

I kind of want the PC version with all the mods and crap, but you know what, being able to walk away from the PC and sit down in front my sweet Samsung flat screen (that I bought instead of new laptop) in a comfy chair, and just let myself immerse myself in the game without dealing with all the stuff that comes with running games on a PC, has made getting an Xbox worth it. Yeah, the graphics aren't as good, but the game wouldn't be the same on a smaller screen for me now, and a console is less hassle for playing a game like Skyrim on my flat screen. And at my stage in my life, less hassle is a major selling point. I'm not 20 anymore, I don't have the time or energy to sort out compatibility issues or free up memory or fuss over performance just so I can have a few hours of enjoyable gaming time. My Xbox freezes sometimes, but all I have to do is reboot it. I can live with that.

Besides, I go to play Dragonborn when it came out and oh yes, that definitely made having an Xbox worth it for me. :p

Claire

We play it on x box on a big tv, it's ok but my husband has to do controls as I've got metal plates and pins in my thumb. I could take the reins if it were on a pc as I could use a keyboard. However the pc is in another room, not so cosy as the lounge. I wish I could get keyboard controls for x box or even ps3!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
For vanilla game play, I think both pc and console are almost equal. However, the PC affords the game with ways to improve upon the base game and to expand it once native starts to become boring.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
I play Skyrim on PC for the mods.

Moris

Hubby plays on PS3, and I play on PC.

Mainly, being able to advance buggy quests (usually) is the biggest advantage. That, and downloading mods. Also, playing with the Creation Kit is heaps of fun. Finally, gameplay even on my 3 year old PC is much, much faster. Loading screens take hardly any time compared to PS3.

Louise

Cowardly Summoner
I use the xbox, but only 'cause my pc is a load of junk.

Yipee!

Volanere

Grand Magister
I use the xbox, just cause im to cheap to buy a nice pc, but if i had a choice it would definitely be on the pc.

Twiffle

i play on Xbox, its great to just relax, feet up and play on the 48inch Hd TV mmmmmmmmmmm. Oh and i use a set of headphones too, its sooo cool having surround sound to listen to all the sound effects that you miss on just Tv or basic PC speakers, and at my age i cant be bothered to set a pc up for hours just to play a game

Mogg

Like the user above I prefer my 360 because I like to play relaxing on the couch with my 60" HDTV / 7.1 surround sound.

I know the PC versions tend to bring a more rich experience, but not into mods or tweaks like I was once in college.

I have a high end computer that I play GuildWars 2 on a lot and my own Ventrillo server for my friends, but prefer 360 for ease of joining up with friends in multiplayer games. There are some games that I will not do on a console such as a RTS or a MMO.

I first played on PS3 and the controls were difficult for me to use at first. It took about half an hour before I really got the hang of it. Then I left my friend's house and bought it on Steam and IMMEDIATELY got the hang of it. Past that, I love my mods as well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts