Skyrim ON PC AND Why You Should Get IT!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
If I could wish list mods for the console pretty much all of mine would be to improve textures and to make things like the night sky more vibrant and detailed. Things like that. The mods that make the civil war more realistic and prevalent would be on my wish list too.
While I agree with the night sky thing (although it's pretty great on my big screen and PS3), I can't imagine that I would ever even care about the civil war again. Talk about pointless. Next time through I'm just going to get the jagged crown and leave it at that. The weapons and armor either side give you are pretty weak.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Well the mods make it way more realistic. You see a lot more evidence that a war is actually going on. Pretty cool.

Daelon DuLac

Well the mods make it way more realistic. You see a lot more evidence that a war is actually going on. Pretty cool.
I guess maybe I'm just not that immersive. After killing so many on the console, I'm not sure if I want even more.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
@ Lotuseater: It's not an easy jump but well worth it in the end I brought the game on the PC as soon as I heard those rumors a year back when it was said that dawnguard wasn't coming out on the ps3... I was like F that and haven't looked back ever since then lol. it was a bit of an insult to release that version of skyrim in such a lagged out state btw ~.~ ooooh the horror... lol

Daelon DuLac

@ Lotuseater: It's not an easy jump but well worth it in the end I brought the game on the PC as soon as I heard those rumors a year back when it was said that dawnguard wasn't coming out on the ps3... I was like F that and haven't looked back ever since then lol. it was a bit of an insult to release that version of skyrim in such a lagged out state btw ~.~ ooooh the horror... lol

What a tiny screen :)

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
well it depends on what you have, you should get a laptop or computer that focuses on gaming like £400 £500 BUT if you want to do better you should go beyond that boundry, even if you get a laptop thats like £500 for example but dosent focus on gaming it should run fine but dont expect to play ultra high graphics, it might be usefull to ask a computer expert somewhere in the forums

I was addicted to computer games. I played Diablo ( first ) on PC and it was simply awesome and several other games, but my son convinced me to move to PS3 so I bought it and I do like my PS3 especially because I can play blu ray movies which I do love ( can stand anymore regular CD ) and because I can to in the net and at the same time, play my games, but I am being honest, nothing beat the PC.
I do have an Apple computer ( 21 inches ) from 2007 with 8gb of RAM ( I extended it from the original 4 ) but I don’t think I could play Skyrim in high definition and that is the only reason I don’t use my computer to play this game in PC. After looking at the excellent graphic in PS3, I am not planning to downgrade myself to 600 x 800 resolution in PC. Never.
But I do agree and believe me that I know how much fun you guys are having playing this game in PC. It is completely different because I’ve seen it and I cannot wait to buy another PC that allow me to play this game in high resolution.
I will never play it in a Laptop though. They simply suck. I do love desktop. ;)

LotusEater

Ya. I'm not gonna say I don't envy you. I definitely do and will almost certainly be playing the next installment on PC.

orca45

According to some folk, here is what he suggest :

The minimum PC requirements for Skyrim are:

• Dual-core CPU, 2.0 GHz or faster
  • 2 GB RAM
  • DirectX 9.0c video card with 512 MB RAM
  • 6 GB HDD space
  • Windows XP/Vista/7 [32 or 64-bit]
  • Internet access for Steam activation

And the recommended spec for Skyrim are:
  • Quad-core CPU
  • 4 GB RAM
  • DirectX 9.0c video card with 1 GB RAM - GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher
  • 6 GB HDD space
  • Windows XP/Vista/7, internet access, etc.

Daelon DuLac

According to some folk, here is what he suggest :

The minimum PC requirements for Skyrim are:

• Dual-core CPU, 2.0 GHz or faster
  • 2 GB RAM
  • DirectX 9.0c video card with 512 MB RAM
  • 6 GB HDD space
  • Windows XP/Vista/7 [32 or 64-bit]
  • Internet access for Steam activation

• Quad-core CPU
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 6 GB HDD space
Uhm... but my laptop already has all of the stuff on the 2nd list. Why don't I just use my laptop?

LotusEater

• Quad-core CPU
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 6 GB HDD space

And what does this translate into regarding dollars and cents (roughly) for those of us that aren't PC savvy?

Just curious

orca45

Uhm... but my laptop already has all of the stuff on the 2nd list. Why don't I just use my laptop?

Go for dude ... if I had what you have, I will not hesitate to play Skyrim in my laptop and if you the laptop dock, much better because you can connect the more and keyboard and don’t use the integrated in the laptop because they simply suck in compare ... good luck .. ;)

orca45

And what does this translate into regarding dollars and cents (roughly) for those of us that aren't PC savvy?

Just curious

I have not idea bro. I just posted it to help those who would like to jump into a PC gaming, but they are talking about the video card is not more than 150 bucks which is affordable. The rest is less expensive. ;)

LotusEater

I have not idea bro. I just posted it to help those who would like to jump into a PC gaming, but they are talking about the video card is not more than 150 bucks which is affordable. The rest is less expensive. ;)

Well, I plan on having a room with multiple super computers and a cockpit by the time the next Elder Scrolls game is ready, so...

Suleku

The Grey Knight
Well, I plan on having a room with multiple super computers and a cockpit by the time the next Elder Scrolls game is ready, so...

o_O Next elder scrolls game coming out is the online one... get ready and start your engines XD lmao! if you do mmorpgs that is... >.>

Daelon DuLac

Just curious
I got mine from HP for 1,295.00 USD, but I bet you could get a better deal if you went with one of the retailers.

LotusEater

o_O Next elder scrolls game coming out is the online one... get ready and start your engines XD lmao! if you do mmorpgs that is... >.>

Did not know that... I don't like mmorpgs.

Daelon DuLac

Did not know that... I don't like mmorpgs.
yuck. mmo's suck. sorry, but, if I wanted to play with a bunch of people I don't know that will only make fun of how unskilled I am and criticize my refusal to cooperate with them, I'll go to a singles bar.