• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
and why don't you tell a son who witnessed his mother's murder that rape is worse "just because" or whatever fluffin reason you have.
Because it'd have absolutely nothing to do with the situation. It's the same as "Hey, at least the guy who killed your mother didn't go on a killing spree. Count yourself lucky."

Everyone wonders what it would be like to kill a few people, so they turn on GTA, TES, or any other game you can think of and start offing random innocents.
I think it has more to do with "Hey, how far can I get away with this before the guards/police finally stop me?" than "I wonder what it would be like to kill a few people." There's a rush that comes from breaking the rules and overcoming the inevitable challenge from those who enforce the rules.
Furthermore, you rarely see the results of those actions. In a lot of games, if someone dies (and in GTA's case, they're most likely nameless), there's hardly any reaction. You're punished by the guards, and then everyone acts like nothing's happened. With few exceptions do people take notice of your victim's absence.

Maybe someone wonders what it would be like to rape a bitch?
Please tell me you don't casually refer to women as "bitches."

People constantly rally against everything. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that ANYONE does is going to piss someone off. That's the way the world is.
That's why you pick your battles. I can't see how "right to virtual rape" is a cause worth defending.

General Theodred

for the love of Talos...
More conjuration objects...and a forsworn questline...and...something I can do after marriage:p

stagnant94

he has a point, it's not the best post to make. but if you're one of those hardcore RP gamers then it makes sense. The rape and shii yah.. it's a little much but it's RP related. in irl if you wanna rape someone you can rape someone. In games if you want too.. well.. you can't. lul. Anyways.. yahh.. he made some good points. Don't hate for his opinion.
well you can't really just rape someone if you want to. that russian girl was stronger than she looked.

damn im gonna get so much plops for this post

Nameless1

"I have thought alot about what I would do if I ever cauught the man who raped my ister throughout her childhood, vengeance by rape doesnt sound so crazy"

This has got to be a f***ing joke. Rape cannot be called justice. If someone calls is rape, because you were both drunk does not make it rape. You can't call a pencil a pigeon and expect people to believe it. And why would raping a rapist make things better? It would get you in jail no doubt, even if you told them your sob story.
How can murder be called justice??? you know what fluff it, this is a horrible conversation to be having, and I think I gave the wrong impression. I definitely agree that rape is a touchy subject that should not be taken lightly, but if you're going to sit there and tell me that everything is ok except for rape then you're a damn fool. I'm not lobbying for rape, I'm just here to let you know that if you think it's fun and ok to hoard dead, naked bodies and repeatedly attempt to murder children but act like you're holier than thou because someone mentioned rape you are a fluffing joke.

stagnant94

seasons would be nice

Nameless1

Because it'd have absolutely nothing to do with the situation. It's the same as "Hey, at least the guy who killed your mother didn't go on a killing spree. Count yourself lucky."

I think it has more to do with "Hey, how far can I get away with this before the guards/police finally stop me?" than "I wonder what it would be like to kill a few people." There's a rush that comes from breaking the rules and overcoming the inevitable challenge from those who enforce the rules.
Furthermore, you rarely see the results of those actions. In a lot of games, if someone dies (and in GTA's case, they're most likely nameless), there's hardly any reaction. You're punished by the guards, and then everyone acts like nothing's happened. With few exceptions do people take notice of your victim's absence.

Please tell me you don't casually refer to women as "bitches."

That's why you pick your battles. I can't see how "right to virtual rape" is a cause worth defending.

It has to do with the fact that everyone is saying rape is worse than anything else. It's all a matter of perspective.

As for your second point, the idea is still basically the same,. Whether someone actually wants to kill/rape/burglarize for the fun of it or because they want to see how far they can get, they are still striving for the same thing. The reaction is not the important part, it's the action.

I do tend to throw the words Bitch(es) around, but a bitch is a bitch. I don't casually refer to women as bitches, I refer to bitches as bitches.

And I agree, I definitely picked the wrong battle here but I'm in it now. ahaa

Rape is not worse that everything else. What I said was that it is viewed, as a society, not me alone, as something barbaric and savage. Murder is simply not seen in the same light. I can't change that.

If a game is centered around violence, and sexuality is only implied in this game, adding it will not make it a better game. That is not what the Elder Scrolls is. Maybe GTA is more suited to something along the lines of that, but, as I have said countless times, it would not work for them, or anyone.

If you can steal and murder, you might expect a reaction. A game like Skyrim would give it you. But how on Earth would rape possibly to logically integrated into the game? I have so far read that if you did it, you would get a 500 bounty. Am I the only one who thinks that "I hope the wilds claim you one of these days" isn't enough for someone you raped not a second ago? The only logical explanation is the victim disapears for a few ingame days, then returns, and then what? Are the just not punch you in the crotch?

Murder can be called justice, only in certain times and circumstances. For example, 2000 years ago, the Roman Empire invaded the Gailic countryside. Those Romans called it justice because, to them, they were savages. Maybe you murdered a crime lord, who was not yet convicted, but guilty none the same. That could be called Justice.

This entire rape idea is filled endlessly arguable loop-holes. And while it still boils down to only opinion after a while, there are much less pro-rape individuals out there that there are...

Um...

People that enough common sense to say that rape is wrong?

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
Destruction damage+ enchants.
The ability to create your own custom spells, like in Oblivion and Morrowind.
Daedric Thrall and Humanoid Thrall (Illusion) spells.
Rapier and other thin bladed weapons.

More variety in un-enchanted hoods! In clothing in general, but hoods are especially lacking. The only one I know of is the "Novice's Hood" model "Mage Hood". While the darker apprentice hood would match many things much better.
Exactly, why is every blade gargantuan? Did every culture suddenly decide that bigger blades = better weapons? Except for the Orcs I suppose who retained some sort of finery in their craft. Also YES to the hoods and clothes. Personally I'm still waiting for the fur hoods... </3

TJ GORY

Not of this Plane...
I just hope you guys have noticed how long this debate has been going on ( since page two) and how long its been one sided, why don't you start a new thread to argue on or about.

Exactly, why is every blade gargantuan? Did every culture suddenly decide that bigger blades = better weapons? Except for the Orcs I suppose who retained some sort of finery in their craft. Also YES to the hoods and clothes. Personally I'm still waiting for the fur hoods... </3
Well, wouldn't bigger weapons be more effective? If if can stab him through the chest from here, and his iron sword-that-looks-like-a-dagger can't touch me, I win.

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
Well, wouldn't bigger weapons be more effective? If if can stab him through the chest from here, and his iron sword-that-looks-like-a-dagger can't touch me, I win.
Its not always about reach and size, although the former is a angle to be considered. You have to think about the weight and displacement that can occur with weapons that lean to the side of being a bit too big. To give an example the steel sword in Skyrim would not function that well due to the fact that its not at all balanced. The handle is far too short and small for a blade that width and length, and it would be easy for someone to knock the wielder off balance; leaving him open and vulnerable to a killing stroke without the other person sacrificing neither footing or body placement to achieve.

skyrim needs new animations and make a realistic
mode where u need to eat food to heal and to survive, where caves are very dark and you need magic light to get through them,maybe gore cut of limbs and that kinda stuff like in dead island
,real diseases that can kill you, a status like in fable(evil-good) depends what you are doing like killing ppl will make you evil and saving ppl from like radiant quests will make you good, add like dialogue voice actors for your player character and that you can choose which voice you want in the beginning, jobs like guard, hunter, work in a tavern.
maybe sex? but sex is pretty difficult cause they have to make crossbreed races for sex. if you are a orc and your gonna go with a female high elf ye what will come out? what child? huge bosses giant mudcrab or giant evil mammoth
more fish in the water and fighting underwater, maybe they cannot make all tamriel but they can make at least a few deadric planes for us to visit , maybe death sentence, more travellers on the road, more races in the game(most npc's in the game are nord)
and a badass forgotten legendary dragonrace(draconian from dragonlore) but i dont think they gonna add that :)

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
skyrim needs new animations and make a realistic
mode where u need to eat food to heal and to survive, where caves are very dark and you need magic light to get through them,maybe gore cut of limbs and that kinda stuff like in dead island
,real diseases that can kill you, a status like in fable(evil-good) depends what you are doing like killing ppl will make you evil and saving ppl from like radiant quests will make you good, add like dialogue voice actors for your player character and that you can choose which voice you want in the beginning, jobs like guard, hunter, work in a tavern.
maybe sex? but sex is pretty difficult causr they have to make crossbreed races for ex. if you are a orc and your gonna go with a female high elf ye what will come out? what child? huge bosses giant mudcrab or giant evil mammoth
more fish in the water and fighting underwater, maybe they cannot make all tamriel but they can make at least a few deadric planes for us to visit , maybe death sentence, more travellers on the road, more races in the game(most npc's in the game are nord)
and a badass forgotten legendary dragon race but i dont think they are gonna add that :)
An Orc and High would either get Orc male or Orc female, High Elf Male or High Elf female
Death Sentence yes! I was arrested for assaulting the Jarl and they put me in Jail
I was arrested for assassination attempts on the Emperor and they put me in Jail for 7 days.
I was arrested for killing the Emperor and they put me in Jail for 14 days. Bethesda get real. Roggvir got arrested for just opening the gates!

Obviously an orc and a hIgh elf woul
Skyrim needs to add sleeping poisons.

yay for on topic
We already have paralysis poisons

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts