• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Murder has become a glorified act. Millions of men slaughter millions of other men in war and are heralded as heroes for it. Has any rapist ever been called a hero? Men are sentenced with capital punishment and their deaths are called justice. Has any rape ever been called justice? Millions of dollars are spent to make films that glamorize war and murder, which billions of dollars are then spent to see. Has that much money ever been spent on explicit and brutal performances of rape, and have that many people ever been interested to see it? The answer to all of these questions is: no, of course not.

I'm not saying that there's nothing ever wrong with murder. But as a culture we have been conditioned to see murder as sometimes acceptable, sometimes heroic, sometimes necessary. That is why murder and death is everywhere we look: on television, in films, in literature, in magazines, on the internet, and in video games.
I hope we never see a day when rape can, for any reason, be considered acceptable, or heroic, or necessary. I hope we never see a day when we have become desensitized to rape. Would you want that to become our reality? Because putting rape into video games would be a very good start.

I'm fairly certain that many rapists have been called a hero before. Do you think every soldier who gets ship off to war comes back completely innocent? Do you know that women who join the USA military often get raped by their superior officers? In the eyes of society these superior officers are hero's to the American people. This is what happens when women attempted to report a sex crime Rape victims say military labels them 'crazy' - CNN.com

By adding rape in games does NOT desensitized normal rationally thinking people. It doesn't mean that it becomes acceptable because the law is still there once you come back to reality. Rape is in fact part of our reality. Everyday someone falls victim to rape, and the most tragic part of it all is that some of these victims are children. It's a fairly common crime, especially during war. Actually many of the murder victims, mostly women, are often raped before getting murdered.

An addition theirs a NPC woman (Named captive) near Markarth that apparently was raped and murdered by the forsworn bandits.

Rape is everywhere.

Aquillus

Skyrim needs to add adoption.

Ever since I saw it in the game jam vids, I'd like to have a reason to go back to my house every now and again. It'd be a nice touch to be greeted by someone who's actually glad you're home.

ShadowGambit

Skyrim needs to add adoption.

Ever since I saw it in the game jam vids, I'd like to have a reason to go back to my house every now and again. It'd be a nice touch to be greeted by someone who's actually glad you're home.

Get a wife :)

Somohexual

Also, a Unarmed skill tree of it's own, to make unarmed efficient at least. that also means more unarmed items.

This. : (

There are a few mods that try to make Unarmed a more realistic option but they usually have to over-write parts of the One Handed school for it to work. There's a total of ONE item and ONE perk that are built toward Unarmed combat for all races. >.> Unarmed isn't even close to being a viable option for the two races that get boosts to Unarmed, Kahjiit and Argonians.

add better animations more marry options, more skills, and more gore >:)

AsYouWish

Breton Mage Level 8.
Skyrim needs to add the oportunity to get a son with your wife.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
It depends. A rape victim could end up committing suicide from the trauma and emotional damage.
Tova commited suicide because of trauma and emotional damage. From a murder.

Epic Keith

And guys stop bitching over a simple opinion. It's not like Bethesda is going to add it in anyways.

Epic Keith

Skyrim needs to add burning houses, I want to see hay roofs actually burning!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I was playing Sjadbek's file and looking at the battle map in Whiterun for no apparent reason. I have long since finished the Stormcloak questline, so the map should be all blue and Stormcloak, but because it doesn't update consistently it isn't. What I did notice interesting was that Dawnstar (which I had previously given to the Imperials during Season Unending - Riften+Dawnstar for Markarth+no Elenwen - and then, of course, retaken). I kept moving around and switching from 1st to 3rd person view, and the designation the map gave for Dawnstar kept switching from Stormcloak to Imperial and back.

So...

Skyrim needs to add actual, somewhat random exchanges of territory of the minor holds (let's leave the major ones out of it) for as long as the civil war remains unresolved. This would make the civil war more interesting and more random - the side you pick would still win, but it may become necessary for you to retake a hold you took previously.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Women can't rape men dude, :/
Just wanted to make it clear that I'm disagreeing with this part of your post, not the first. Women can rape men, it's happened, and it's likely under-reported (much like other forms of rape).
And no, not all men are sex addicts who'll gleefully accept any woman trying to have her way with him.
I'm fairly certain that many rapists have been called a hero before. Do you think every soldier who gets ship off to war comes back completely innocent? Do you know that women who join the USA military often get raped by their superior officers? In the eyes of society these superior officers are hero's to the American people. This is what happens when women attempted to report a sex crime Rape victims say military labels them 'crazy' - CNN.com
If proven guilty, I highly doubt rapist soldiers would still be considered "heroes." Heck, even the implication can ruin that image for them.
Skyrim needs to add lasers. :p
Laser cats!

Clevdawg15

Your own children

Your own hold! and a civil war questline in the middle between the imperial stance and stormcloak stance ( a free skyrim for all races)

BIG battles not like the civil war where you only have like 7 soldiers

Destructible environments, ex. cut down a tree, or dragon destroys a house

diplomacy options, assisted by "your own hold" bribe or make war with seperate holds and factions. Ex. bribe bulfgruf to side with you against falkreath hold and its allies.

Moar Thalmor! a larger presence sets up a camp in the west and they become more aggressive.