• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xZachhhhh

The director of Bethesda has not completely ruled out multiplayer coming in some sort of DLC. So, if multiplayer does happen, what would you like to see?

I personally want private servers in which you can invite your friends and just mess around and have fun. Also, multiplayer quests would be fun too. Being your partner's companion and vice versa would be awesome.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Where are you getting this information? Everything I've read has indicated that Bethesda has no intention of implementing a multiplayer DLC, and thank God for that. While I have nothing against it conceptually, if you think the release version of Skyrim was buggy and glitched, or the current version is buggy and glitched, multiply that by several times and you would get what a multiplayer DLC would be like.

Anonylulz

After the low levels things go down pretty easily, and I wouldn't want PVP. I've seen what people do to their weapon stats haha.

Honestly I'd much rather have more single-player content than any multiplayer content whatsoever.

getkeith

After the low levels things go down pretty easily, and I wouldn't want PVP. I've seen what people do to their weapon stats haha.

Honestly I'd much rather have more single-player content than any multiplayer content whatsoever.
lol ik ppl with god bows wuld b 1 hit sniping

andrea

all the "slow time" mechanics won't work on multiplayer, unless everytime someone uses slow time shout or the slow time feature with the bow the game slows for everyone, kinda improbable

Al'Amar

The Wood Elf
I really don't think they would release a DLC with Multiplayer. I feel that it would ruin the whole storyline, Im sure in another day or so PC gamers will always find a way..

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
multiplayer feature is such a gimmick IMO if the game is not meant to be multiplayer. Bioshock 2 tried to force multiplayer in the game. Look how many people are playing now.

Eva

I haven't heard of any talk of official DLC with multiplayer, but I have heard of a couple of multiplayer mods out there that people are developing. Basically they allow two people to play the game "together" but it doesn't show your actual character (just some default model), you can't see the other person moving (they just slide around) and the interaction is limited to a chat box. Just rumors at the moment.

xZe3raheadX

yes, multiplayer at the moment doesn't seem realistic, i mean its 2012/early 2013 and there's been no rumors or hints from Bethesda. the next TES game has been confirmed for only PC gamers witch will no doubt be a huge mmo. Bethesda are so focused on single player add-ons and still haven't released content for PC and ps3, my prediction is that they will maybe release 3 more dlc expansions for single player then work on the ps3/PC content but this could all happen through out 2013. Ives always been a fan off huge mmo but if it does happen over the course of 2013 its will probably take another 6 months for multiplayer to even become possible, but who knows maybe 2014 will be the year for a TES Xbox 360/720/PC and ps3/4 mmo phenomenom

The man

I am the man. I am everything...
duels duels and duels. you know...we can FINALLY find out whether my character is stronger or yours blah blah blah

Suleku

The Grey Knight
Would love to see the part where people didn't have broncos logos on their avatars XD GOO RAIDERSS!! Sorry had to throw that one out there :p

I don't think it will happen but IF it did, I'd just like it to be that you could invite 1 friend to co-op with you, it would open a portal in their game once they go through they come to your game. They would not have Dovahkiin powers when they come to your game they'd act more like a follower but any XP they earn would still go to their character and apply when they return to their own game world.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Multiplayer for Skyrim won't happen. In future TES games, perhaps, but definitely not Skyrim. Although, I kind of hope not because I need only to point at the Mass Effect series (which I often do as an exemplar of a series changing directions). Mass Effect 1 was a solid RPG that catered to RPG players. Mass Effect 2 incorporated multiplayer and changed the gameplay drastically. Mass Effect 3 focused heavily on the multiplayer and you basically couldn't tell that ME1 and ME3 were even related.

Don't want to see that happening to one of the few true RPG games left on the shelves.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts