• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ArdmoreAlan

Has anyone noticed that you can only spend a maximum of 7 days in Jail, no matter what your bounty or crime is? I murdered hundreds of guards in both Solitude and Riften, had 100,000+ bounties in each hold. Yet I only served one week in jail, in both holds.

Doesn't that seem.. extremely lame?

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
Imagine if you couldn't speed it up - 7 years real time in the clink.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
But heaven help you if you try to cross the border. Off with his head!

Azir L'Stros

"So much treasure, so little time..."

Yup. I heard of this one guy who ended up being saved by a dragon. He turned out to be the Dragonborn and killed the dragon that saved him.

How ironic.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
They have an excellent rehabilitation system. We know it's not due to prison overcrowding that or you have some powerful connections, you know Nazir pulls some strings or such gets you out early and whatnot.

They were going to lop off your head because they thought you were a Stormie, ask Lokir he'll tell you. Besides your name wasn't on the list, so it was that bitchy captains fault.

Yup. I heard of this one guy who ended up being saved by a dragon. He turned out to be the Dragonborn and killed the dragon that saved him.

How ironic.
I've always thought that was weird, I wonder if Alduin facepalmed when he figured that out?

Azir L'Stros

"So much treasure, so little time..."
What I've thought weird is how Alduin knew the player was Dragonborn from the start. While Alduin is attacking Helgen, he says Dovahkiin, suggesting he knew who the Dragonborn was. As well, he is the Nordic God of Destruction, and that makes you wonder why Alduin didn't kill you from the start and have saved him from all this trouble of, you know, dying and all that.

ArdmoreAlan

I just wish they would have made the justice system way harsher. It kind of seems like a joke to be honest. All in all you can only spend a maximum of 7 days in jail, and you only lose your progress towards skill levels, which isn't a big deal at all. There's like.. zero incentive to follow the law because you can get away with doing anything while receiving little punishment.

Compared to Oblivion where the guards can actually kick your ***, and you can spend years in prison losing actual skill levels in the process.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
If you commit a crime of a real heinous nature, you should witness your execution if arrested.

That'll learn ya!

Harc

Big Hog
They're should be more prison Interaction. Much like Cinda mine in Markarth, but more interaction than that. Maybe more fights, games, and other stuff.

Liliana

They're should be more prison Interaction. Much like Cinda mine in Markarth, but more interaction than that. Maybe more fights, games, and other stuff.

Prison quests would be so cool. I loved Cidna mine and decapitating ppl with a shiv! :D

ShangTsung

Has anyone noticed that you can only spend a maximum of 7 days in Jail, no matter what your bounty or crime is? I murdered hundreds of guards in both Solitude and Riften, had 100,000+ bounties in each hold. Yet I only served one week in jail, in both holds.

Doesn't that seem.. extremely lame?
was never aware of that, i always just serve my time to keep my gold rather than breaking out and losing all my stuff, never thought about how much time i'm actually serving.. interesting find m8.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Without a doubt, Skyrim is a wonderful place for an assassin to thrive. The only difference between getting caught stealing a sweet roll and assassinating an emperor is about 1,500 gold...no execution, no jail time, just pay your fine and walk to your next mark and do it all over again.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Without a doubt, Skyrim is a wonderful place for an assassin to thrive. The only difference between getting caught stealing a sweet roll and assassinating an emperor is about 1,500 gold...no execution, no jail time, just pay your fine and walk to your next mark and do it all over again.
Of course you realize that Stealing a Sweet Roll is a far more heinous crime than assassinating the emperor. :)

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Of course you realize that Stealing a Sweet Roll is a far more heinous crime than assassinating the emperor. :)

Apparently it is, since the moment you get caught stealing one folks literally leap out of their chairs with weapons drawn ready to hack you down as if you were some rabid beast...

Honestly, I adore this game, but the justice system in Skyrim is in severe need of rebalancing.