PC Skyrim is boring - now what?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Alright, so it seems like there really isn't anything to do in Skyrim anymore. I've finished the Dark Brotherhood and most of the side quests. Now I have to finish up the main quest, Thieve's Guild, Companions, and maybe the College. Thing is, I've played the entire game front to back on PS3 so I really can't be bothered to finish any of the guild quests.

Can anyone think of fun things to do now that it's gotten kind of boring? Try not to suggest making a new character. Saving in Skyrim on PC is scary; I always think I'll lose my main character.

kirak95197

Writer
Have you gotten a character to 81? If not, try doing that. To make it more interesting try to set a time limit or a date to get to it.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Hey I got a perfect Idea. Go out into the real world and explore a bit. It can't possible be boring since theirs plenty to do :D

Are you always like this?

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
You're on the PC, eh? Mods, fluffing mods, everywhere. Try some mods that change how combat works, (top of my head there is "Dual-Combat Realism" and "Skyrim Redone") try some mods that add quests, try some mods that completely change the game, try some ..... you get the picture. Mods can make Skyrim feel like a completely different game.

Play a different game? Or as mentioned before go out and do something else other than Video games for a bit. Go pick up chicks, Go for a bike ride, Go fishing etc. Plenty to do.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
You kind of asked for it. If Skyrim is boring for you then do something else with your spare time. It's just that simple.

He asked how to make Skyrim a less boring experience, not what to do INSTEAD of playing Skyrim. Its a perfectly legit question.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
You kind of asked for it. If Skyrim is boring for you then do something else with your spare time. It's just that simple.

That doesn't change the question. I asked for things to do in Skyrim, not things to do when Skyrim gets boring.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
He asked how to make Skyrim a less boring experience, not what to do INSTEAD of playing Skyrim. Its a perfectly legit question.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Odd Child

The Bronze Boar!
Hey I got a perfect Idea. Go out into the real world and explore a bit. It can't possible be boring since theirs plenty to do :D
Or he can take skyrim to the next level and run around in public wearing nothing but a horned iron helmet, bashing people with a trashcan lid and screaming fus ro dah in the faces of elderly!

Suleku

The Grey Knight
Hmmm... Don't see why your not playing the game on PC... We got mods... moonsugar... Dawnguard, and cookies... seriously tho if your bored just take a break and play something else

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Hmmm... Don't see why your not playing the game on PC... We got mods... moonsugar... Dawnguard, and cookies... seriously tho if your bored just take a break and play something else

You obviously need to read the OP more carefully.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
So you've played the game front to back but still have things you can't be bothered to do. Seems legit.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

Anonymous

Don't Panic!
Honestly, starting an entirely new character and new play-style is your best chance to get that "fresh" experience. If you insist on playing as your current character, then I'd just adopt the new play-style aspect: realism. I was inspired to play with "realism" by the journal fad going around, and seriously, I won't go back. Of course, I started a new character to really delve into the roleplaying engrossment, but never mind that. Start by upping the difficulty to Expert, setting your HUD to 0%, and quitting the fast-traveling. Set realistic standards, such as sleeping for six hours and eating twice a day. If you happen to die, start from the last time you slept and dump a percentage of your gold. Allow your self only to carry a third of your carrying capacity, drink potions with at least one hand free, and keep only thirty arrows with you. Simple things like that will change the entire game play. It'll be challenging, exciting, fun. Good luck man, hope this helps!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts