Skyrim is a good game STOP COMPLAINING

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hunfar

I've not seen one complaint. PC vs Console Flame war or a RPG Geek vs CoD Monkey slanging match since I joined these forums. A refreshing change for once.

Sure the game isn't perfect, it's buggy, plays like pl*** on the PS3 (so I've heard, I'm not aware if this has been solved yet) and there are still many issues to be solved. But what game is perfect? It's still an incredible game...

It played like pl*** before the patch, now it's working perfectly fine (for me anyway.)

ShoCh

I have to admit that the negative comments that have been directed towards this - one of the best games ever in my opinion - actually makes me furious.

I too want to punch my laptop when I see the user ratings and comments on the Metacritic site. I just think - who the hell do you think you are? How can you tear this game to pieces? Could you come up with something better? Argh!

So much work has gone into this game - it is huge and amazing value for money. I've played for over 300 hours and it still blows me away on occasion.

I get just as riled up with the Mass Effect 3 backlash. People are ignorant sods - really they are.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
The same people who complain about Skyrim and RPG's in general, are the same ones who say this exact same plops about RPG'rs who complain about Shooters and Racing games.

I vote we all just stop giving a fluff about peoples opinions, and play whatever the fluff we like. Sounds good to me, anyone else?

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I too want to punch my laptop when I see the user ratings and comments on the Metacritic site.

Just ignore them. You know the game rocks,so nobody else's opinion matters. Yeah, it's had some issues (including some very amusing glitches), but it is still the best RPG I've ever played.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
The same people who complain about Skyrim and RPG's in general, are the same ones who say this exact same pl*** about RPG'rs who complain about Shooters and Racing games.

I vote we all just stop giving a fu** about peoples opinions, and play whatever the fu** we like. Sounds good to me, anyone else?

^THIS^

ShoCh

The same people who complain about Skyrim and RPG's in general, are the same ones who say this exact same pl*** about RPG'rs who complain about Shooters and Racing games.

I vote we all just stop giving a fu** about peoples opinions, and play whatever the fu** we like. Sounds good to me, anyone else?

I agree with what you are saying re. people who aren't in to this kind of game. I wouldn't expect them to even bother to play it to know what to say about it anyway.

No - it's more the 643 people on Metacritic who gave it a really low score based on the few bugs and glitches, giving it an average user score of 5.5. That's what annoyed me - I play on PS3 and there was no issue that caused me to hate the game even a little bit and there was certainly nothing that would make me want to go on to a well known website and spew out hate and score it a lowly 0. I just thought it was extreme and, collectively, the Metacritic users reminded me of bratty kids throwing their toys out of the pram.

MrCostari

I agree with what you are saying re. people who aren't in to this kind of game. I wouldn't expect them to even bother to play it to know what to say about it anyway.

No - it's more the 643 people on Metacritic who gave it a really low score based on the few bugs and glitches, giving it an average user score of 5.5. That's what annoyed me - I play on PS3 and there was no issue that caused me to hate the game even a little bit and there was certainly nothing that would make me want to go on to a well known website and spew out hate and score it a lowly 0. I just thought it was extreme and collectively, the Metacritic users reminded me of bratty kids throwing their toys out of the pram.

I have heard more bad things about Metacrit. There seem to be corrupted people. But that's more in form of too high ratings.
I don't even use websites like that, people can say whatever they want about a game, people can vote 90 when they like the game and 40 when they hate it. But who says I would hate or love a game as much as the people do who voted? I bet those people haven't even played the game. If I want to buy a game and I'm not sure, I read the trophy guide, watch some YouTube videos, browse some forums. But I NEVER take a look at a rating/score. Just an advice to all of you, nobody shares the exact same love or hate to a game, so you can never relly on other peoples ratings.

Skyrimosity

"Skyrim is a good game STOP COMPLAINING"
^ You have the audacity to call Skyrim merely "good"? It is absolutely amazing and the best game I have ever played.

Gowsh

Old Fart
...I've also never seen anybody say the map is too big, if anything I wish it would be bigger, but it's perfect the way it is!

The maps are a very weak point, IMO.

The large map is not a map at all, but a GOES-like satellite view of the hemisphere. There are cities and some landmarks listed, but roads are not indicated at all. This encourages me to fast travel, as I can't tell which road may lead to which destination. Therefore, I'm butt-scooting up and down mountains, only to find there was a nice path if only I'd gone in the opposite, non-intuitive direction to find it.

Close area/dungeon maps are awful. For some reason, they're semi-transparent, which often obscures features on those infrequent occasions when you can actually recognize them. Honestly, I seldom know what I'm looking at on these maps. Items as simple as doors aren't even indicated.

When it comes to maps, scrap the art, give me functionality, thank you.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Best.

Hunfar

Around here that's pretty much the general rule we follow already.

There's always going to be pl*** talkers out there, and people to disagree with you on everything you like. The key is just to see it how it is as they babble on like an idiot; it's all opinion. They seek to prove their "fact" to you, but all it is-is them spewing their opinion based on what they've come to enjoy. So listen not, for you enjoy something else.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
To be fair, there are quite a few legitimate complaints. Lack of repercussions or recognition for anything you do, destruction magic's absurdly disproportionate damage to magicka cost, Bethesda failing to adhere to its own lore by not having werebears, etc. But people bitch about it way too much. Does it have some problems? Of course, every game does, but any game that allows you plays for hundreds of hours is clearly a great game.