• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GraceKelly

So... I've started over my game, for the third time, and I wanted to know what YOU guys think the best house in Skyrim is. On one of my more successful games, I bought the house in Whiterun, because I didn't know any better. I am now aware that there is a house for each city, meaning Riften, Windhelm, etc. I'm leaning towards the house in Markarth, but if I've missed something about the other houses, do tell me.

Thanks!

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I kinda like the one in Windhelm, GraceKelly, if only cause it's got three mannequins to show off your most righteous outfits, and numerous display shields or cases for weapons. Trick it out with the alchemy and enchantment tables and you're good to go. Not the best looking city, mind. I also have cribs in Whiterun and Solitude, so obviously I can't comment on the Riften and Markarth zip codes.

Jeff31

Premium Member
My favorite is the windhelm house too thats a great house easy to store and find things.

Epsilon

Shaun
I kinda like the one in Windhelm, GraceKelly, if only cause it's got three mannequins to show off your most righteous outfits, and numerous display shields or cases for weapons. Trick it out with the alchemy and enchantment tables and you're good to go. Not the best looking city, mind. I also have cribs in Whiterun and Solitude, so obviously I can't comment on the Riften and Markarth zip codes.

How much is the one in Windhelm? I havnt spent much time around there. Im wanting a house with a enchantment table. I was thinking of the one in Riften but being a paladin i would rather not be neighbors with the thieves guild lol

Legolas Auditore

How much is the one in Windhelm? I havnt spent much time around there. Im wanting a house with a enchantment table. I was thinking of the one in Riften but being a paladin i would rather not be neighbors with the thieves guild lol
I believe it was 18000 or something like that, but you can do that glitch where you get houses for free

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
The home in Windhelm is technically the largest, and has the most storage, the most weapons cases and most mannequins. However, my favorite is Vlindrel Hall in Markarth, it has the simplest, most streamlined layout with plenty of storage, especially for books. What I like is the convenience of the storage as well. There is a cabinet by the hearth to store food, barrels and an apothecary's satchel right next to the alchemy table, multiple weapons racks in the enchanting room, plus a storage chest right outside the door. Not to mention in the bedroom there is a cabinet or chest for every category of apparel you can carry. I have all my armor in one chest, all my shields in another, and jewelry in a third, etc. It is by far my favorite.

GraceKelly

hahaha Okay, well, I'm definately going to buy property in Markarth, because the city is absolutely breath taking, and I'm getting the house in Windhelm, because I joined Ulfric. Thank you guys!!!! :3

Epsilon

Shaun
The home in Windhelm is technically the largest, and has the most storage, the most weapons cases and most mannequins. However, my favorite is Vlindrel Hall in Markarth, it has the simplest, most streamlined layout with plenty of storage, especially for books. What I like is the convenience of the storage as well. There is a cabinet by the hearth to store food, barrels and an apothecary's satchel right next to the alchemy table, multiple weapons racks in the enchanting room, plus a storage chest right outside the door. Not to mention in the bedroom there is a cabinet or chest for every category of apparel you can carry. I have all my armor in one chest, all my shields in another, and jewelry in a third, etc. It is by far my favorite.

you just sold me on that house with that. My main thing was a big weapon rack, enchantment table and book storage. I really enjoy taking time to read the books when i get the chance. Windhelm ill be seeing you soon lol

Phobos

Apothecary satchel by the alchemy table?! Im moving to Windhelm!

I actually just started my second character and probably will buy the Whiterun house for starters. I already know ill have plenty of cash to buy every house anyways.

Apothecary satchel on the alchemy table is crucial.

Phobos

I really enjoy taking time to read the books when i get the chance. Windhelm ill be seeing you soon lol

I have the books on ibooks. I have read most of them during downtime at work on my iphone. My favorite may be a game at dinner or the one with the vampire hunter... cant think of the name sorry.