• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I killed grelod the kind for the dark brotherhood, and ended up "accidently" killing the other girl that stays there. So long story short grelod and that other lady from Honorhall have both been dead for months. So today I went in there to look for stuff to steal (I know I'm a horrible person) and I found the four kids in there alone....

Needless to say the guilt i felt led to hours of manually cleaning up the place, making them a bunch of food, and leaving a bunch of flowers in the orphanage.

So am I the only one whos ever felt honestly guilty from skyrim?

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I've only felt guilty a few times:

- When I helped Kematu capture Saadia by leading her down to the stables
- Boethiah's calling
- Taking Brother Verulus to be eaten by cannibals

I know it's just a game, but I feel horrendously guilty when someone puts their trust in me and I just turn around and stab them in the back.

Clau

The Fateless One
You're not alone.

It was some months back when I was still new to Skyrim. This one really made me feel guilty:

I felt guilty about killing Erandur as I have fallen into the vile machinations of Vaermina. I thought he was gonna betray me in the end so I had to strike first. Felt really guilty afterwards as I read that Vaermina was really tricking you. I never went back to Nightcaller temple and I left the Skull of Corruption there. I never wanted it.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
You're not alone.

It was some months back when I was still new to Skyrim. This one really made me feel guilty:

I felt guilty about killing Erandur as I have fallen into the vile machinations of Vaermina. I thought he was gonna betray me in the end so I had to strike first. Felt really guilty afterwards as I read that Vaermina was really tricking you. I never went back to Nightcaller temple and I left the Skull of Corruption there. I never wanted it.

No loot, now you're even making me sad. Seriously I don't really feel remorse as the NPCs I kill I usually hate. I did feel guilty when the female blacksmith in Whiterun died from a random vampire attack before I could save her. My bad... :sadface:

Julius Darkstar

King of Conjuration
I never feel guilt in skyrim.
I kill stormcloak and legion soldiers alike, accept npc quest then stab them with the ebony blade, resurrect bodies of npc's only to kill them again, and so on.
I even killed a bride at her own wedding.
Playing the game like this really makes me feel evil, and i love it!

I never feel guilt in skyrim.
I kill stormcloak and legion soldiers alike, accept npc quest then stab them with the ebony blade, resurrect bodies of npc's only to kill them again, and so on.
I even killed a bride at her own wedding.
Playing the game like this really makes me feel evil, and i love it!

I know man but these are children! Orphans! All alone.....):

Julius Darkstar

King of Conjuration
I know man but these are children! Orphans! All alone.....):

Annoying little brats who can't die, that is what they are.
You made them free from rules, no adults watching over them, and a whole house for themselves.
They should be thanking you!

But seriously if you feel so guilty, why don't you adopt them?

Unit7

Oh yes plenty of times. In fact it's a wonder how I even manage to complete the Dark Brotherhood questline at all.

I remember once I stole some coin purses from Honorhall... Immediately I realized what I had just done. I tried storing some gold in a chest but I couldn't. So I looked through my inventory and saw a gold diamond ring I had crafted earlier. I dropped it and placed it on the pillows... and when I couldn't see it I decided to place it on the nightstand. I figure if they need a little extra gold they can always just pawn it. That or that one chick might just keep it and let the kids starve. Either way my concious was clean.

Killing Nilsine. Now I knew that if I did this optional part of the quest that Tova will commit suicide. In fact I was looking forward to see if you can find her dead in her house. When I saw the body and read the note... it sorta hit me.

I pretty much destroyed the Shattershields. The father is now a complete drunk. Both his daughters are dead, one of them at my hands, and his wife commits suicide. To make matters worse the family war hammer has been stolen... which I may or may not have reclaimed and if I did... well it's in my chest in Breezehome.

Taste of Death... yeah. After eating the poor bastard I quickloaded and redid that part and just killed everyone. That and it broke my whole no cannabalism rule.

Sometimes I feel guilty over abusing the horrible AI. But not always.

Oh and stealing from Carlotta or whatever that chicks name is with the kid in Whiterun. I did it anyways and again I may have left some gold and or valuable items to replace the jeweled stuff I stole.

Oh and then I felt bad about killing the Old Orc. Well not so much killing him. But so much that I interfered with his Good Death. I mean seriously 2 Werewolf Skinwalkers and 3 Frost Trolls. Pretty sure that would have done it. After the rather fun battle the Old Orc's health wouldn't regenerate. I had to make sure he had a good death. So instead of taking advantage of the 1 hit kill I let him beat me almost to death. Oddly enough it's harder then you might think. Well the way I play anyways. But in the end he had one gloriously epic fight together and gave him an honorable and good death. :)

While I had no actual part in the Farmer's wife dying. I did feel bad for him. He came up to me in anger and started beating up on my old horse blaming me. I think he was. Shortly after he came up to me he turned into a werewolf... So I killed him. No guilt over that though.

Then this one time at bard camp...

But I'll tell you one thing I am not nor will I ever feel guilty about. Soul Tearing a Giant... and then watching as that Giant sent the other giant to the moon. Best. Moment. EVER. Actually the old orc, farmer, and the giant all happened today. So glad I decided to check out something while on my way to blackreach.

Hmm... I am sure I have plenty of other stories to share.

Oh Black Soul Gems.

Seriously after visiting the Soul Cairn... I just didn't have it in me to use all those Black Soul Gems with grand souls in them. So i sold them off. I almost swore off enchanting altogether. Luckily I talked to Serana or whatever and she mentioned it's probably only the black ones...

So there you have it.

Ritterkreuz

The Drabonborn isn't quite so heroic it seems. I was thinking about this the other night as I realized that whenever I walk into a cave, tower, or fort, I turn it into a tomb.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Killing a bride at her wedding.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I killed grelod the kind for the dark brotherhood, and ended up "accidently" killing the other girl that stays there. So long story short grelod and that other lady from Honorhall have both been dead for months. So today I went in there to look for stuff to steal (I know I'm a horrible person) and I found the four kids in there alone....

Needless to say the guilt i felt led to hours of manually cleaning up the place, making them a bunch of food, and leaving a bunch of flowers in the orphanage.

So am I the only one whos ever felt honestly guilty from skyrim?
I'm a little concerned about those quotation marks around "accidentally"...

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I felt really bad when I decided on a test file to kill Paarthurnax to see what Arngeir would say. I had no intentions on ever saving the file, but I still felt horrible.

When, on an alternate file, I took over Windhelm. Yes, Windhelm. I think Sjadbek was festering in my brain, screaming at me to stop attacking "his city."

Torok

Doing the taste of death quest really made me feel disgusted. I got rid of the ring eventually.

Killing my dear husband Torvar after he tried to kill me for killing a Stormcloak soldier. (It was self defense, but still, I felt bad for running my husband through with a Daedric sword of flames...)

Once I was stealing something out of a house for the Thieves guild, some woman saw me, I panicked and killed her. I later found out that she was the mother of a little girl... She hates me forever now... Oh my, I felt so guilty...

Unit7

Doing the taste of death quest really made me feel disgusted. I got rid of the ring eventually.

Killing my dear husband Torvar after he tried to kill me for killing a Stormcloak soldier. (It was self defense, but still, I felt bad for running my husband through with a Daedric sword of flames...)

Once I was stealing something out of a house for the Thieves guild, some woman saw me, I panicked and killed her. I later found out that she was the mother of a little girl... She hates me forever now... Oh my, I felt so guilty...

Out of curiosity what did the person who gave you the quest say? I always wondered what would happen if I killed someone while doing a thieves guild quest. You know with their no killing rule.

Chase

When I had to ruin that poor guys vase in the Thieves Guild tryouts. He seemed like he really cared. I also feel guilty when I "accidentally" kill a follower.

Torok

I forgot, but they didn't pay me.

I had just gotten the game and was into my first hour of playing. I bought it used and it came with no instruction book or info whatsoever. I just entered Riverwood and went in the Riverwood trader store. I was anxious to use this Ring that I found that increased my pickpocketing 10%. Ok, I didn't know how to pickpocket at the time. (Crotch + A). So I put the ring on, walk up to the trader and punch him square in the face. :cool: Which caused he and his wife to attack me (Camilla I think it was her name) so I beat him down and then promptly killed her outright on the spot.

I have to admit that I knew NOTHING about "fixing" mistakes by quitting and then reloading. At least not until I reached like level 10 or something, days later. But she got her revenge on me though as I later learned I could have leveled up with training from the Archer Farnelel (sp?) if only I had delivered that letter to her first.

I'm felt guilt a few times in Skyrim. You know your playing a great game when you have some sort of emotional response to it. The only other game that this happened to me was Red Dead Redemption, and both these games are one of my all-time favorites.

The Taste of Death quest was truly disgusting and was totally out of character for my High Elf, but hey I needed to get the Oblivion Walker achievement. And I so hated the fact of killing Erandur in order to get the Oblivion Walker achievement, I saved right before he destroyed the skull of corruption, kill him and then re-loaded after I got the achievement.