• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
New Vegas is not DLC. it is a whole other installment of fall out.
Yes. That is exactly what I meant. Just the same concept for Skyrim but that won't be happening any time soon. I find it highly likely to happen though.

I see some people are really hating DLCs. I only hate them when they are employed very improperly. For example, let's say you buy Mortal Kombat and on day 1 of release, you find that you need to buy DLC for extra characters. That's bullplops. Another example, they give extra content 'DLC' only to people who pre-purchase the game at gamestop. That's like saying, 'hey. You didn't want to buy our game before the release? FU! you can't have this cool outfit'. I really hate that but since that's small, I don't really get upset over it.

As for Skyrim, Bethesda worked hard to make the main game. The whole expansive world to explore in is pretty difficult to make. Not to mention, they had to make new animations, models, mechanics, everything from scratch. Now that the game has been out, they have the resource to make extra content with greater ease. Eventually, people will start 100% Skyrim and they will be finished with the game while wanting more from Skyrim. Mods would be one answer to this solution but a quality official plug-in is way better. That being said, I don't really want Skyrim to be the final product as soon as it is released. The game has a lot of potential and it shouldn't just go to waste by having Bethesda start developing on other game. They did say Skyrim DLC will feel like an expansion so I think it's something to anticipate.

Akatosh

Personally I can't wait for skyrim and i am never going to get bored of it. if they release dlc thats just icing on the cake.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
But there are some bullplops side to DLCs, like exclusive DLCs for pre-purchases or just day 1 DLC.

Don't forger DLCs that are released within the dvd, but unlocked only after you bought for about 10$ DLC icon from Windows marketplace. It's cool that Epic is atleast honest (or arrogant) in their approach and are not even trying to hide the fact that DLC was already included in GoW 3.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/gears-of-war-3-developer-explains-on-disc-dlc/

CD project seems to be the one and the only old-skool company. They are just awesome.

Travis

Oh man, I havn't even heard about "On-disk" dlc. That sounds like the biggest rip off of all! Somebody should make a law against stuff like that.

Flamingtaco

I would prefer real world realms rather than oblivion realms.
It would be really cool if they included portions of other provinces as dlc, and making them seamless with the Skyrim world along with plenty of professional level quests and voice acted npcs. I know modders will make those anyway, but if Bethesda made them they could be so much better. Imagine being given access to part of if not all of Cyrodil from Oblivion and seeing what its like 200 years later after the fall of the empire. If its anything like I've imagined it, it could be far more interesting than the thriving cyrodil ever was. Actually somewhere along the lines of fallout style desolation in some areas. A destroyed imperial city turned into slums right where the tower was could be really cool. I don't know if that's actually anything close to what it is in the lore though.

Travis

It would be really cool if they included portions of other provinces as dlc, and making them seamless with the Skyrim world along with plenty of professional level quests and voice acted npcs. I know modders will make those anyway, but if Bethesda made them they could be so much better. Imagine being given access to part of if not all of Cyrodil from Oblivion and seeing what its like 200 years later after the fall of the empire. If its anything like I've imagined it, it could be far more interesting than the thriving cyrodil ever was. Actually somewhere along the lines of fallout style desolation in some areas. A destroyed imperial city turned into slums right where the tower was could be really cool. I don't know if that's actually anything close to what it is in the lore though.
This is a really good idea. I hope someone from Bethesda has thought of this, because I for one, would love to revisit Cyrodil, in whatever condition!

Flamingtaco

Its strange that even though cyrodil was so generic, I will still miss it. skyrim is more interesting and unique, yet I still feel like all that snow will get a little bit depressing after a while.

Travis

Its strange that even though cyrodil was so generic, I will still miss it. skyrim is more interesting and unique, yet I still feel like all that snow will get a little bit depressing after a while.
I know they thought a lot about this when they were picking the area. Todd said on a podcast I was listening to, that when they first brought up skyrim, they had their artist draw up some other possible environment types that are common to the alps and other mountainous regions, so they could be sure that it wasn't just all snow and ice.

Flamingtaco

I know they thought a lot about this when they were picking the area. Todd said on a podcast I was listening to, that when they first brought up skyrim, they had their artist draw up some other possible environment types that are common to the alps and other mountainous regions, so they could be sure that it wasn't just all snow and ice.
Well yeah, I have seen some woodland areas that arent snowy, but still thats just my impression Ive gotten. Im sure it will be just fine

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Well yeah, I have seen some woodland areas that arent snowy, but still thats just my impression Ive gotten. Im sure it will be just fine

It's easier to create more variety to a mountain terrain map. Valleys have their own micro-climates in real life and it seems like devs wanted to integrate that experience with Skyrim. And what we haven't seen in hands-on articles are the southernmost parts of the map.

Travis

It's easier to create more variety to a mountain terrain map. Valleys have their own micro-climates in real life and it seems like devs wanted to integrate that experience with Skyrim. And what we haven't seen in hands-on articles are the southernmost parts of the map.
Although, wasn't Bruma at the north of Cyrodil, so can't we expect that the south of Skyrim will look a lot like that? Which is just more snow....

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Although, wasn't Bruma at the north of Cyrodil, so can't we expect that the south of Skyrim will look a lot like that? Which is just more snow....

Oh, yes. You're right. Well, lets keep fingers crossed that there will be more variety than just snow. :/
There's enough snow at winter here in Finland already...

Valvor

Well idc much about dlc, but i never understood why they don't implement a update feature, basically to fix any bugs, like a feature to check for updates u know?

Travis

Actually, they do have that. Almost all games released now days check for updates when you launch them, and automatically apply themselves unless you cancel them, or don't have an internet connection.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Actually, they do have that. Almost all games released now days check for updates when you launch them, and automatically apply themselves unless you cancel them, or don't have an internet connection.

Especially this one, because it's steampowered. By the way, wasn't steam added to ps3's online content? Does anyone know whether Skyrim's PS3 version is steampowered as well?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts