PC Skyrim creators should be Blackballed from making games

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phoenox

LOL you people are funny for calling me a troll. A troll is someone who posts disruptive messages on forums for the purpose of agitating, causing strife. All I have done is state my opinion about the game.

And yes, it was pee-on not peon. Peon denotes a person of lowly or common station, a Pee-on is a person who is continually given the dirty jobs others don't want to or or willing to do. It's a slang term but very different in definition from peon. As if one is continually being "peed on".

I used the word blackballed because to me this dev group should not touch another Elder Scrolls game. They got that much of it messed up IMO. That's not trolling. It's stating a strong opinion. It shows in the quest/story writing. These are not the same people who wrote the quests for Morrowind or Oblivion. They must have lost some of the old staff and hired new people that didn't share the same vision it seems.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
LOL you people are funny for calling me a troll. A troll is someone who posts disruptive messages on forums for the purpose of agitating, causing strife. All I have done is state my opinion about the game.

And yes, it was pee-on not peon. Peon denotes a person of lowly or common station, a Pee-on is a person who is continually given the dirty jobs others don't want to or or willing to do. It's a slang term but very different in definition from peon. As if one is continually being "peed on".

I used the word blackballed because to me this dev group should not touch another Elder Scrolls game. They got that much of it messed up IMO. That's not trolling. It's stating a strong opinion. It shows in the quest/story writing. These are not the same people who wrote the quests for Morrowind or Oblivion. They must have lost some of the old staff and hired new people that didn't share the same vision it seems.

Attachments

• 1313393423820.jpg
    1313393423820.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 17

Divinity

"If everyone minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does." The Duchess, Alice in Wonderland

Onyx

Well, dude, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I personally think it's the best Elder Scrolls to date. However, I did think the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion were handled better than in Skyrim, and the quests were more fun. I still remember the first quest for the Thieves Guild in Oblivion... beating out some people in a foot race. Then once you get to wear the Gray Fox mask... and all the dialogue changes, and how you don't get a bounty while wearing the mask... it was just fun.

Also, the assassinations in Dark Brotherhood Oblivion were harder and more fun. In Skyrim, most of the targets were all by themselves, quick arrow and I'm done.

but still, overall, Skyrim is the much better game. The dungeons are not cookie cutter, so many improvements.
I have to say though I thought the last three quests for the Dark Brotherhood where pretty damn Epic! :D

The other side contracts/radiant ones are pretty "meh" but the full on quest ones I thought where fun (the Wedding one made me feel like I was playing the old hitman again :D)

Debates are good and healthy when done civilly...but "blackballed" goes way too far imo, which was perhaps the intent...I don't think anyone wanting to honestly discuss the merits or drawbacks of a game would lead off with that, which is why it's easy to think "troll"

That said, as it's been said...everyone is entitled to their likes/dislikes and opinion ;)

Very well put. If the OP doesn't care for the game and believes it's a step down from Oblivion, bully for him. I played it for only about 30 minutes and wasn't blown away by it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't going to tear me away from other games I was playing. Skyrim has me completely forgetting about those 'other games', and I'm not even that far in.

And one last statement: the term you're looking for is indeed peon. After the OP's most recent post, I hunted high and low for someone else using the term "pee-on" and could find no record of it being used. Peon kinda means exactly what you're looking for - one who does work considered menial and unskilled.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
And one last statement: the term you're looking for is indeed peon. After the OP's most recent post, I hunted high and low for someone else using the term "pee-on" and could find no record of it being used. Peon kinda means exactly what you're looking for - one who does work considered menial and unskilled.
Yeah the only place I found anything under "Pee-on" was urban dictionary, which further proved the OP's trolliness/inappropriateness, nullifying his "opinion", especially after
that sad attempt to keep the troll going.

wheato

Premium Member
I'm in the opposite boat to the OP in that I'm enjoying Skyrim more than Oblivion. I didn't get that far into Oblivion before giving it up. Skyrim though, has me completely hooked. Everyone does have the right to their own opinion though. If the OP enjoys Morrowind (which was an excellent game) and Oblivion more, good for him/her. We're all different people, and we aren't all going to like the same things.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Skyrim is a tremendous improvement but every improvement in TES series usually sacrifices something small from prev. games.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
Because we all voice our opinions I am going to say mine.
"Skyrim = Best" Nuff said.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Weapons and clothes not breaking. I consider that a huge improvement over Oblivion. The look of character models, they don't look awkward like in Oblivion.

I could go on here...

SeaDog

Don't like it? Don't play it. But don't try to drag everyone else's experience down because you aren't the "master of the world" at level 36.

Your time would be better spent writing to Bethesda, and explaining what you think is wrong with the game. As soon as their creative minds are done counting the billions of dollars they are generating from the rest of us "enthusiasts", I'm sure they'll give you the consideration you deserve.

Have a pleasant day.

Dark Phoenox

Yeah.. so I hyphenated it.. so what?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peeon

Other dictionaries with the spelling peon have different definitions and mention nothing about someone peeing on someone else. Doesn't make your argument valid. I am not a troll by definition. I am here to state my opinion of the game just as you all have done. So what that my opinion differes from yours makes me a troll? LOL.. thats rich.

seadog, I didn't drag anyone's experience down. I did state I do not understand how some could come to the conclusion they have.

Seems you people don't want to hear, examine others valid opinions, you want cookie cutter opinions that are just like yours. That's what i'm getting from this group. Sad really. For the record, my views are exactly the type of thing Bethesda wants to hear. They ask for this feedback. They cant improve the game if everyone finds no fault with it. They hear Great game, perfect and shrug. That gets them nowhere. Your tone implies the company would give my opinion the boot just because I have something negative to say. How silly to think that. They know tons of people will find fault with the game and that it's not perfect for everyone.

Dark Phoenox

Weapons and clothes not breaking. I consider that a huge improvement over Oblivion.

You really think weapons and clothing (armor) not breaking was a good thing? To me it takes away from the realism and immersion because those things do happen in real life. To me, not including those things makes Skyrim " just another regular game" - those were special traits and needed for a better game play experience IMO. When I play a game especially a first person RPG I want total realism as much as possible. I'm escaping from this world for a while to live out my fantasy in another universe. The more the game makes you believe your really there, the better job the devs have done crafting the world around you.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
You really think weapons and clothing (armor) not breaking was a good thing? To me it takes away from the realism and immersion because those things do happen in real life. To me, not including those things makes Skyrim " just another regular game" - those were special traits and needed for a better game play experience IMO. When I play a game especially a first person RPG I want total realism as much as possible. I'm escaping from this world for a while to live out my fantasy in another universe. The more the game makes you believe your really there, the better job the devs have done crafting the world around you.

You're taking a video game waaaaaay too seriously dude. Seriously, that's like saying in Red Dead Redemption the guns should have broken after awhile too. It's a game, if you want realism, go outside. Turn the game off. I play a game to escape as well, but for me constantly repairing my weapons in Oblivion made me not like it that much. It's still a great game, but no where near as awesome as Skyrim.

And Skyrim really does make me feel I am there. More so then Oblivion. I'm in tune with my main character on Skyrim. Because it is me playing.

You're the kind of player that wants the developers to do everything for you, which in turn leads me to believe you have little to no imagination.

The developers gave us the tools, now we can use them to make the most out of this great game. And I and many others sure have.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah.. so I hyphenated it.. so what?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peeon

Other dictionaries with the spelling peon have different definitions and mention nothing about someone peeing on someone else. Doesn't make your argument valid. I am not a troll by definition. I am here to state my opinion of the game just as you all have done. So what that my opinion differes from yours makes me a troll? LOL.. thats rich.

seadog, I didn't drag anyone's experience down. I did state I do not understand how some could come to the conclusion they have.

Seems you people don't want to hear, examine others valid opinions, you want cookie cutter opinions that are just like yours. That's what i'm getting from this group. Sad really. For the record, my views are exactly the type of thing Bethesda wants to hear. They ask for this feedback. They cant improve the game if everyone finds no fault with it. They hear Great game, perfect and shrug. That gets them nowhere. Your tone implies the company would give my opinion the boot just because I have something negative to say. How silly to think that. They know tons of people will find fault with the game and that it's not perfect for everyone.
If you are looking for some decent discussion, I wouldn't use words and phrases 'pee-on', 'made for 8 year olds' and 'watered down'. It does come off as troll if you read it again. There should be some examples and evidences to show that your opinion has some validity in it. Your post accuse of Skyrim being worse than oblivion and morrowind while you never give any real comparison. People are not really happy with your post, not because you said something negative about the game (well, some of them maybe) but because it comes off as an insult. We have plenty of threads that discusses about disappoints and bad feature in the game. Perhaps you could go there and contribute if you want to prove yourself that you're not a typical troll.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
The fact that he quoted urban dictionary and attempted to validate his thread/posts with that only further prove this as a troll. Let this thread die. If you want to share your opinion about this game, or any other game for that matter, try doing it in a manner that isn't inflammatory. Honestly, I don't care that you don't like it. If you had good reasons, I would have a discussion about it. You don't, and you're a douche. I'm done here.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Also, please note that the negativity of this thread won't help this thread. Discussion here is less likely to be reasonable at this point. Like I said, there are plenty of threads that criticizes some major flaw of the game. I recommend that you discuss your ideas there rather than here. This thread won't be having much decent discussion anymore due to overall bad atmosphere so it's not worth investing in here.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
[1]As listener My job is to get the contractrs from The Night Mother and deliver them to the members who will do the job. At least thats what Oblivion taught us. in skyrim, as listener, you still acted like a Pee-On member doing the jobs and had no perks. [2]They don't give you any perks or reasons to visit the guilds after you do all the main quests.. at least in Oblivion you could be in charge, take part in the money making.
[Dark Brotherhood spoiler!!]

1) i dont understand your first argument here. As listener you act like a peon member in skyrim, okay so peon members are entrusted in killing the Emperor? Thats flawless logic man. I will say the actual missions in oblivion were more fun (the option contracts were sick) but the skyrim DB story was way better.

2) you get random contracts that you can keep doing. in oblivion all you did was go to a shrine then go to the sanctuary and get some gold... your arguments make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.