• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ivory

Let's Player
I hate the dwarven people, but holy hell do I love their machines and cities. If I could have a dog and a machine with me, I'd always have them instead of a follower, but alas, its one or the other.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
I... never tried to brawl with Borkul the Beast. That guy said I wouldn't want to talk to him, imagine how fighting him would be! And being beated with my own arm, ripped from my body is not in my wish list.
I tried to make Ulfric Stormcloak my Dead Thrall four times. Three in a row, after killing him, and another when I was collecting a bounty and saw his corpse in front of the throne. My figsh memory made me forget and get angry at myself at my fourth fail.
I once got naked to fight a dragon (stupid bug, level 72 and no legendary or revered dragons unless it is a random encounter) with my fists to make the fight fair. What happened was that my follower, instead of commenting my soul eating skill, commented my nakedness. I mean, you have a dragon there! There's plenty to look at without noticing I have no clothes, plus I am married, can you imagine what my wife would say if... oh wait, she was my wife...

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I chase after foxes, not to kill them though.

If I see a bear attacking another animal, I always try to save the poor little chap.

Although I favor the empire, I always kill all thalmor patrols, and set the prisoner free.

I use the oghma infinium glitch.

I also use the Oghma Infinium but how about if a “bear lover” sees you killing a bear that is killing a deer ( lol ) ? .... :)

Chadonraz

With my very first character:
- it took me TEN minutes to find out where I was supposed to go after Alduin interrupted the execution event in Helgen
- when I finally got to Whiterun, I spent another ten or fifteen minutes trying to find a way into the city. I kept trying to jump/climb up the walls, but of course it wouldn't let me :rolleyes:

It took me several weeks (real time, and I played every day) to find out the "Wait" function existed. Somehow I never accidentally pressed Back, before finally looking at the "Controls" info screen thingy. :D

Wildroses

My first character had such trouble jumping from the tower into the room in Helgen she missed four times and had to run back up the tower to try again. Then she spent about four minutes wandering around Helgen before the teenage friend watching me play said: "You know you are supposed to be following the arrow, right?"

The first time I heard Arcadia say: "You look rather pale. Could be Ataxia. It's quite a problem back home in Cyrondil" I believed her and bought a potion of cure disease.

Chadonraz

Oh, regarding diseases: The first time I contracted one (Ataxia), it took me ages to find out I was ill. NPCs kept saying I looked sick, but I had no idea why they suddenly started saying that every time I passed them. I never used pickpocket, and lockpicking only rarely, so I didn't notice anything was wrong.

I think I even wondered why those two skills were red in the Skills screen, but I honestly can't remember if that even happens in Skyrim (haven't played it in weeks). I know I wondered something, but it might've been Active Effects listing reduced Pickpocket and Lockpicking. :rolleyes:

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
The first time I played, I very nearly died in Helgen from running around for ages with Alduin breathing on me. Then I mistook Hadvar for Ralof and followed him out by accident.

I've been meaning to try deliberately screwing up the jump from the tower into the room below to see what happens but I've never gotten around to it (that's the one thing I did competently on my first run through). I guess I don't have to now =)

on my first playthrough I didn't know that the combinations to those noridc doors were on the claws..And I literally sat there for like 5 hours, I plops you not, just randomly turning the rings around in bleak falls barrow.

Wildroses

Oh, that reminds me: My first go through Bleak Fall Barrows I rescued Arvel the Swift, then ran in the wrong direction and lost him. Eventually turned around and found his corpse. I searched it, saw the Golden Claw, read his diary, and was all: "Clever me! I know what I need to do. I'll just spend the next hour making my way through the Barrows, looting everything, bumbling my way through the Draugrs and traps. Now here is the door so I'll try open it with the claw..."

And then the game told me I needed the Golden Claw to open it. I'd forgotten to loot the claw off Arvel's body. I had to walk all the way back through Bleak Falls Barrows to where I'd left Arvel, then all the way back to the door.

I didn't feel quite so clever after that. But I always remembered to loot quest items after that.

FrostedPink

Fairon
1. I am terrified of the Dark Brotherhood. They just seem so evil! I didn't know there was a way to bring them down...cause I totally would have by now! I don't like killing innocent people!
2. The jester guy by the cart always gives me the creeps...I try not to look at him when I have to go past him.
3. I ate the guy...but I will never wear the ring because I don't want everyone to know what I did! Oh the shame!
4. I have put off finishing the main quest because I am a weeny and am worried how hard it will be and how hard I might die.

Chadonraz

Oh, that reminds me: My first go through Bleak Fall Barrows I rescued Arvel the Swift, then ran in the wrong direction and lost him. Eventually turned around and found his corpse. I searched it, saw the Golden Claw, read his diary, and was all: "Clever me! I know what I need to do. I'll just spend the next hour making my way through the Barrows, looting everything, bumbling my way through the Draugrs and traps. Now here is the door so I'll try open it with the claw..."

And then the game told me I needed the Golden Claw to open it. I'd forgotten to loot the claw off Arvel's body. I had to walk all the way back through Bleak Falls Barrows to where I'd left Arvel, then all the way back to the door.

I didn't feel quite so clever after that. But I always remembered to loot quest items after that.

My first time in BFB was somewhat similar. After I cut Arvel down, I let him run off. Then, when I bumped into the first Draugr, I panicked, and simply ran past them. They were scary. :sadface:
I never even noticed Arvel's corpse, so when I got to the claw door, I had no idea where the Golden Claw was. I ended up looking it up, spending a long time searching for the corpse, and then feeling stupid. :rolleyes:

Wildroses

I recently got the Merchant Perk on a character who is only allowed to sell potions she has made herself. I always make a point of selling poisons to the Radiant Raiment sisters because I like to pretend I told them they should sprinkle this on their breakfast cereal as it'll make it taste delicious.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I follow couriers or those Nobles who are lost for hours and then I kill them, by either Turning them into a snack if I am a vampire or turn them into an expirement if am a necromancer A.K.A the Dragon Lich

Rimfaxe96

I wish I could free the souls from the Soul Cairn. Or at the very least answer them when they ask "What year is it? What era even?"

tx12001

I wish I could free the souls from the Soul Cairn. Or at the very least answer them when they ask "What year is it? What era even?"
I like sending people to the soul cairn especially Nords who say victory or sovngarde

Manmangler

I usually thinks that I'm good, still I have many filled balck soulgems
I hate thalmors, kill them, usually speak and let them go. Then sneak and shoot them at back. They don't deserve a change to defend.
I hate doing some Thieves Guild mission
Weirdly, now when I did first time DB Wedding thing, I enjoy it. I reloaded save and try many different styles from sneaky bow, blade from dark even to Werewolf.
I kept my saves. I usually trasfer them to other folder. Some times I reload very old to having just fun and mayhem. Easy to regonize certain save, because I use console command to saving.
Sometimes I even load and activate overpowerfully mod to have fun. Then I deactivite mod and continue real game. Have you ever rained trains to solitude or used sniperrifle to Nazeem.

tx12001

I usually thinks that I'm good, still I have many filled balck soulgems
I hate thalmors, kill them, usually speak and let them go. Then sneak and shoot them at back. They don't deserve a change to defend.
I hate doing some Thieves Guild mission
Weirdly, now when I did first time DB Wedding thing, I enjoy it. I reloaded save and try many different styles from sneaky bow, blade from dark even to Werewolf.
I kept my saves. I usually trasfer them to other folder. Some times I reload very old to having just fun and mayhem. Easy to regonize certain save, because I use console command to saving.
Sometimes I even load and activate overpowerfully mod to have fun. Then I deactivite mod and continue real game. Have you ever rained trains to solitude or used sniperrifle to Nazeem.
Ever had nazeem run over by the Dooom Train

Manmangler

nope
That sounds fun, I hate that guy.
That guy is one reason to play female, when my character is redguard

Sahdira

There are times that Sahdira likes to try her hand at horseback archery, meaning she tries to run down a deer on horse back and see if she can shoot it with her bow. She usually fails miserably. She finds that deer are very fast.