PS3 Skyrim always freezes near winterhold, impossible to complete story

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Eric50

Skyrim for me runs perfectly, in every area except about a kilometer or something near Winterhold. I've tried to approach the city from every single direction and as soon as I get within a certain distance the game freezes entirely, and will never come out of the freeze. If I try to fast travel there via carriage, I get an indefinite loading screen. Anybody know what the probably is?

Fife

I posted something similar in this post, but set in a different location. I don't know what it is. Try creating a new character, selling your vendor trash and taking the carriage to Winterhold with the new character. Maybe it's some crazy glitch that occurred with just that one character.

Fife

My new characters can get inside Riften jail with no problem. I'm sure with a game this big with so many variables, there's bound to be a few glitches like what you and I both encountered.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts