SkyRe and magic, Frost worth the investment?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lockeandkey

Hey all, pretty quick question I guess. I'm looking to try a full-on mage/sorcerer while using Skyrim Redone, ASIS, and the Apocalypse spell package. The RP idea I have in my head is of an elderly Wizard-of-Winter kind of guy, and I was wondering if Frost magic was more useful with SkyRe than it was in vanilla. I know it was "viable" in the base game, because technically everything was, but since I'm using SkyRe and ASIS, and the combat will be much harder, I'm wondering if the frost resists that so many people and creatures in Skyrim have will be too much of a problem.

I'm especially concerned about the "Heart" perks near the end of the destruction tree that take away the other elements and their respective atronachs. I want to specialize, and I'd love to have destruction as my primary damage dealer, but I might have to rethink my plan if frost isn't as improved as I'd hoped it was. There's just something so viscerally satisfying about piercing my enemies with ice spikes.

Alternate idea is an Iroh-type character (specialized in fire a la Uncle Iroh from Avatar). Fire is always satisfying, and I've never gotten so into SkyRe magic that I'd get bored of it, even if I do use it most. Conjuration and Alteration are also going to be major focuses, regardless of my destruction element.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

(I did post this same topic under mods, but since it's not about finding a mod or actually tweaking the game, I'm moving it to general.)

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
So pretty much 90% of Skyrim resists Frost damage, but by all means, it's still worth investing into. Elemental Ram will substract up to 30% magic resistance, Ice Storm is one of the best AOE's of the game and going further within the tree will get you to deal twice more Stamina damage which in turn with the last perk, get you to deal much more damage with frost spells.

Also, T3nd0 is working on an efficient way to buff Frost magic, he's not done yet.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts