• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

docendo

I am in skuldafn dungeon at the door that uses the diamond claw to open. Trouble is, I can't get the rings to rotate at all. I have the diamond claw, but cant get the rings to rotate. A bug? I thought about leaving the dungeon totally and coming back later.
Any suggestions???

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Moved to Help section.

Are you sure that claw goes with that dungeon? I don't recall which goes with which. I also know some require more than one claw.

Not sure about the door rings not rotating at all, though. I've never encountered this. What platform are you on?

docendo

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just leave and come back later. Im pretty sure the diamond claw is correct, but the claw has nothing to do with the rings not rotating. I will post when I get this solved. I wonder if anyone elsa has seen this problem?? BTW Im on PS3.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Here's a link to the temple's page on UESP's wiki. Maybe following the quest link on there will help you find an answer.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skuldafn

I only skimmed it because I've not done this part of the game and I don't want it to be completely spoiled. It seems like it's deep in the main quest though. Did you just come upon this place and go in or was this quest actually assigned?

docendo

Here's a link to the temple's page on UESP's wiki. Maybe following the quest link on there will help you find an answer.

I only skimmed it because I've not done this part of the game and I don't want it to be completely spoiled. It seems like it's deep in the main quest though. Did you just come upon this place and go in or was this quest actually assigned?

docendo

I guess its part of the main quest, but i dont think i am that far along. Anyway thanks for the reply, ill let yall know how it turns out.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
If you haven't been assigned the quest for that area, it may keep you locked out on purpose. Hopefully it's not actually broken. I know of other cases where if you entered the dungeon before receiving the quest, it makes the quest vomit.

Best of luck!

docendo

If you haven't been assigned the quest for that area, it may keep you locked out on purpose. Hopefully it's not actually broken. I know of other cases where if you entered the dungeon before receiving the quest, it makes the quest vomit.

Best of luck!

docendo

Well i left the dungeon and tried to fast travel somewhere else. Couldnt because theres a ftagon flying around overhead and wont land. Went back into dungeon and this time the rings on the door rotated, but it still wont open. I definitely was sent here as a quest item afyer defeating the dragonon tje tnroat of the world.
Anyway, ill keep trying and if ot ill have to load an earlier game, bummer.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts