OOC Sins of our Elders [[Accepting Applications]]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "Hey wanna come back to my place?"
    Hehe

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Lol! Let's assume it's done in a more innocent way - but, how is the movement achieved fluently or at all without assuming the role of the other character's movements? When only one character knows the layout of the scene and the next intended destination? That's actually more complicated than I'd have thought....any ideas? anyone? please?

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    What if Cooky tells her to follow but she says that she'll follow behind but she waits and explores the alley instead?

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    e.g. Cooky points "Oh, take two lefts and a right, follow that past the guy with no legs that begs for septims, it's 3 houses up on the left from there" and then he just walks off in that general direction? nope...doesn't seem right.

What if Cooky tells her to follow but she says that she'll follow behind but she waits and explores the alley instead?

Yeah, was considering that angle (more or less) but it doesn't seem all that polite, not to mention not very perceptive for a person in the slightest, right? Just walking off and eventually decides to check over over his shoulder a fair distance away? I mean, it works, but who does that?...I thought that maybe there could be a chance of losing her in the crowd in a state of confusion and activity of NPCs departing the area...that tends to make sense, but then if he were to check her last whereabouts, and she's disappeared...then I've gone and moved the character.

Maybe, he could push his way through the group of people to the outskirts of the area, he waits for her there...and I fight off the urge to post any more than that, until the area is cleared out...actually, yeah I can totally make that work...thanks Znow :)

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Anyone know .ol0w0lo.'s status? He's been gone for awhile, and I haven't seen him around the OOC thread at all. If he's out for personal reasons, I completely understand, I'm just wondering where he stands in terms of continuing with his character. :D

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Naw, sorry Dante...Dunno...I know he was active and checking this thread since round about page 9...but haven't seen him active since.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Yeah, his profile says he hasn't logged in since last Wednesday. If he doesn't show up by this coming Wednesday, I may go ahead and put his character on hold for him, and open the spot to see if anyone would like to jump in since the story hasn't gotten too far along yet. Just leave him in place though, so he can get going when he returns - if he wants. :)

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Yeah, was considering that angle (more or less) but it doesn't seem all that polite, not to mention not very perceptive for a person in the slightest, right? Just walking off and eventually decides to check over over his shoulder a fair distance away? I mean, it works, but who does that?...I thought that maybe there could be a chance of losing her in the crowd in a state of confusion and activity of NPCs departing the area...that tends to make sense, but then if he were to check her last whereabouts, and she's disappeared...then I've gone and moved the character.

Maybe, he could push his way through the group of people to the outskirts of the area, he waits for her there...and I fight off the urge to post any more than that, until the area is cleared out...actually, yeah I can totally make that work...thanks Znow :)

Glad I could help start the brainstorming process. That's exactly what I do when I'm working things out. :) I look forward to reading.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    I'm still in too! lol just my internet has been on the fritz and I'm fixing it as we speak-er, type :p

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    I'm still in too! lol just my internet has been on the fritz and I'm fixing it as we speak-er, type :p

Understood. ^_^ It's not a problem. I was only asking about .ol0w0lo. because he hasn't yet posted to the story, and I haven't seen him around the site. I was just curious.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    I've gone ahead and parked .ol0w0lo. as inactive for the time being. He's free to resume if he wants whenever he gets the opportunity. :)

I'm going to go ahead and open the spot to another player to keep things well-rounded and the story moving forward, if no one objects. Anyone interested is free to submit an application, same as before, using the guidelines provided in the original post. A decision will be made shortly afterward.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    If and when you have a opening I would love to join. Most of you have written with me before. And I have progressed as a writer and even learned to give Bruynzeel a bit more character and not so over the top.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    We have an application format in the first post. Simply fill it out and submit it and when time permits, it will be looked over. Thank you.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Application
    BruynzeelSig.png

Race: Khajiit / Ka Po'Tun
    Player type:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    standalone
    standalone
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swordsman, Bard/Rogue (Lockpicking and traps but not a thief) Sings like Johnny Cash. But plays a really good flute, and has been known to pluck a decent tune on a lute.
    Looks:
    Siberian tiger like with purple eyes, light build and graceful, with a light step.
    Bio:
    • Runaway prince of a Elswyerian tribe of nomads.
    • not hurting for money, but was at a loss for friends. As he's been running from responsibilities a lot of his life.
    • A natural leader but afraid of governmental responsibilities
    • Loves to adventure and loyal to his friends, only in it for the glory and honor of his group. Has been a spy for the blades since they began.
    • Honorable in his dealings, with all levels of society
    • Bit of a nihilist in politics doesn't care about either the Empire or the Rebellion. But that's mostly as he believes the empire weak and the rebels too xenophobic. Dislikes and distrusts the Thalmor
    • His velvet tongue is music to a merchants ear and he travels under the cover of being a bard. Over time that became more than a cover, its a second life for him allowing him to smuggle food past the tariffs of the Dominion.
    Combat prefs:
    • Light restoration magic
    • Heavy into stealth
    • Expert Bowman with a custom bow enchanted with Stamina Drain and Stamina steal.
    • A skilled swordsman that uses a Akaveri Kantana with stamina drain and stamina steal
    Preferences/Skills
    • Custom Blades Style but leather armor for its lightness, ease of movement
    • Skilled like no other in Enchantments and Smithing.
    • A great cook because of a stint as a chef.
    • Very well read, Loves books and any info he can find he absorbs like cream to a kitten. Actually can be heard to purr while reading.
    • Major handicap... walks with a sever limp. but still manages full stealth.
    Born in another age, Older brother to Maiq, gifted/cursed with long life, He can be killed he has just managed never to die. In his long life has lived and spending sometimes decades perfecting one skill before moving on. Experienced life and loss of loved ones. Can be quite outgoing but realizes that in any relationship that their time together will be temporary so he is hesitant but hopeful. His loves are his skill with forge and cooking. This power of long life is granted to him by a cursed music box that he thinks is actually helping to do something else. more on that as his story progresses. :)

Bruynzeel the real history behind the history:--------------------------------------------------

I have been a gamer since 1978 when arcades were in their start-up, and then heyday, then decline in my lifetime playing them.
    All the while computers were becoming available to the home user. But I remember weekends spent with my grandfather punching cards and stacking "stacks" of those cards. With that I was hooked I have programmed in Basic, ADA, Fortran, and Pascal... a fair knowledge of newer languages.

My Father in 1979 came home with a Timex Sinclair 1000. Something like 8k memory with a 200.00 option for a additional 8k module. Tape drive... by that I mean a audio tape drive... take about 1 hour to load a program. But that first computer was a gateway drug to my tech addiction. I played Frogger on it in black and white. Then other computers I got other games. Oregon trail, SimCity, Doom, Marathon, Diablo, Balders Gate, and my first TES game Daggerfall.
    Which is where Bruynzeel was born. I have played him as a character in every Elder Scroll game since, in one form or another. Hence the reason I pay homage to him and how he has grown since those early pixelated days.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Position: [food smuggler, contacts all over from trading.]
    Birthplace:Elyswer
    Current Residence: Ivarstead
    Alliances or Affiliations: Khajiit Caravans
    Occupation: [prior to war, adventurer. post war, food smuggler]
    Appearance: see above.
    Personality: [Include at least a paragraph detailing your character's personality. Likes and dislikes, skills and weaknesses, etc.] see above.

History: [Include as absolutely much as possible about your character's history. Who he/she is as a person, how they came to be who and where they are, and why.]
    Roleplaying Sample:

Having just picked up a small satchel of food stuffs for Windhelm, Xantos remembers the crumpled letter for a call of adventure. Mumbling to himself "Huh wonder if the offer is still good. Be in town anyway."

Which was exactly how he had lived his life while adventuring.
    Rumors only followed if there was something else along the way.
    In the direction he was gonna travel anyway.
    As much planned as random happenstance.
    He truly enjoyed living this way.
    No ties to one place, a friend in every town.
    But nothing to keep him in one place.
    Wandering was his way.

Looking in the satchel bound for Candlehearth hall were fresh eider cheese wheels, elf's ear, other packets of spices and eggs. "Eggs! Crud now I have to watch how I walk and not to get hit in the back. If I get a few horker loaves I can deliver them to Kynesgrove along the way and pad those eggs til then." plus he mused to himself "And haft to watch for Bars." he mockingly does his best nord accent. Chuckling at his own jest.

He continues to get supplies then leaves Riften. He takes up a brisk walk with a steady pace.
    Covering ground as fast as his ears and eyes would let him, just common sense to be wary on the roads. There were indeed bears, wolves, skeevers, skeletons, and bandits in abundance across Skyrim. The survival aspect of it was just as enticing as the constant change of scenery. The ground quickly covered to Shor's Stone and through with only a small chase by slow spiders. Wolves over to the east of the road ahead but the wind in his favor he just picks his steps better but doesn't slow down. But does swing around his bow and clasp two arrows one along with the bow in his left hand and the one ready to nock in the right. He quickly glances down to assure himself he had remembered to put on his dagger and he continues listening closely to see if they would react to him.

Succeeding in getting past without notice, he relaxes but does not put away his bow instead he just swings it in hand along side him as his strides take him ever closer to his goal. The yellowing leaves giving way to pines and cedars. His decent along the valley that borders the hot springs area. Here you have to watch for larger spiders and bears. And just as the thought was entering his head the sound of a couple of bears hufffing at each other in most likely "a hey this is my yard" he thought. But still he slows listening to the right as he heads off toward it while keeping an eye through the trees at the pair of bears on his left.

He is getting good at as little disturbance of the nature in this northern forest as he was in his own. Only take a life in need of being taken. For food or defense only. Soon he is topping the snowy hill to Kynesgrove and its adjacent Streamscorch mine.

Entering the simple road side inn, the sound of a bad lute but a beautiful voice lilt out with the warm air gust. The scent of fresh salmon steaks and leeks filling the air. He continues in. "Hey Tessie, what you have on to boil?" "Your heart, if you don't tell me where you have been." "Hahaha you know, around. Never the same place for too long." Walks up and gives her a hearty hug. "Hey now I got hitched." "Dang my luck. Who's the lucky guy?" "Larrs" "Larrs is a lovable loaf, has he gotten any better at smithing?" "No but he has gotton better at bragging about it." "He does a fair trade though. Would'nt have em if he wasn't honest would you?" winking at her and grinning "You are honest enough, just not a stay kinda guy." "Too true, so I have horker loaf. Would you be interested." "Sure. How many?" "Four, one less than normal but do you think I can still get dinner and a room for it?" "Like I would let you rest your feet with no food. Of course anything for you Sam." "I'll make up for it next time through. Larrs at the forge?" "Yeah banging away, wish he'd treat me like that forge and stoke my fire more often." "Whoa, you should tell him. Not me." Winks again as they head toward the kitchen to off load his sale. "So are you staying long." "No just the night, do you have someplace cold I can put my pack? I have eggs for WindHelm." "What do a bunch of roosters need with eggs? You should sell those to me." Laughs back "You know a deal is a deal with me I promised to get them there."

A pleasant evening of exchanging stories, theirs of a simple life, and his just as simple ,just in a different way. Shared food and drinks and he retires. When he gets up in the morning the sounds of the forge coming from the large bedroom off the kitchen he helps himself to a flaggon full of coffee and makes his way out and down the road to Windhelm. Passing a Khajiit caravan just setting up."Hey Khajro, I have that family amulet you wanted." "This one is honored if ever you need someone to walk by your side and help you in your travels. Khajro will." "Thanks buddy but I walk alone most of the time. And you have a good thing here." "Yes, Khajro likes his brothers." "Well I have trading in town todo, take care." "You as well, friend."

Then the long walk up the narrow bridge, the guards patrolling with earnest. As he passes a couple are discussing the latest murder on the streets. Mostly rumor and hearsay. So he continues into the gates and up the stairs to enter the Candlehearth hall. Unusually quiet, and a touch melancholy.

Samuel shudders with a sense of cold. Shaking fresh flakes of snow from his cloak. Stepping up to the bar looking for Edla. But not seeing her heads to the kitchen. There she was talking in hushed tones with a Lovely lass. "Edla dear, I bring the groceries." He says with a smile. "Sam, you dog. Good for you having fetched it. Lets get those eggs in the kitchen." "By all means the longer they are in my pack the longer I have to worry about breaking one and getting my stuff sticky." Edla laughs but it seems a bit forced, like she has been stressed lately. So as they get into the kitchen. "Whats up?""There have been murders on the streets we are a city in dispair." "Anything I can do?" "You hardly let paint dry let alone stick around long enough to solve anything." "But if you or any of my friends in town got hurt I would want to help." "Ok I will have the guy organizing help, get with you. Your room is the first to the left. Have you met Melee?" And hands Sam a key and 20 septims. "Plus if you listen to him breakfast is on me tomorrow." "Eggs, and horker slices?" "With grilled leeks and potatoe hash."Then he turns toward Melee and takes her hand "No, I have not met such loveliness." Kisses Melees hand on the top and winks, releasing it. "Watch this one he is a bit of a flirt." Edla returns out to the bar and Melee and Samuel start out of the kitchen as well. "So what brings you to Windhelm?"

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Xantos Samuel L'Stra
    Wood Elf M 43
    Archer / Bard Rogue
    Skills: Lockpicking and traps he is fairly adept at. And a decent hunter and archer. But he really shines when talking with merchants and has quite a set of contacts in the various shops of Skyrim.

Personality: Loves laughing and is constantly cracking jokes, both sarcastic and lighthearted. Bit of a flirt as well. But in all well meaning and honest.

Doesn't really care about the overall politics of Tamriel, He is just a happy traveler making his way job by job in the world.

Appearance: 5' 10", Light build, Sandy Blond hair down to shoulders with a receding hairline and a small bald spot forming. A peppery goatee closely shaved. His skin sort of reddish tan but light in hue.

Bio: Samuel has been adventuring since his twenties and he doesn't really have a interesting story unlike most his family life and village life were happy and he grew up loved and was taught the skills of his father. Who had been an adventurer and had met Sam's mother in one of his adventures they settled down in her village and lived a simple life. Samuel was told stories and sang songs of the things his father did and Samuel caught wanderlust as a kid and made sure he would be ready.

Weapon: Glass Bow enchanted with Stamina Steal. With a Quiver of Glass arrows, and a ebony dagger as back-up.

Armor: Well tanned leather armor with white splotches to add camoflage while hunting With a green cloak over the top of it. For dress he has a nicer pair of black leather pants and a decent tailored shirt.

(Or perhaps you would prefer to have the one in the example post.)

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    I've gone ahead and parked .ol0w0lo. as inactive for the time being. He's free to resume if he wants whenever he gets the opportunity. :)

I'm going to go ahead and open the spot to another player to keep things well-rounded and the story moving forward, if no one objects. Anyone interested is free to submit an application, same as before, using the guidelines provided in the original post. A decision will be made shortly afterward.
    I applied at the beginning and have really wanted to join can you have a look at it again please

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    May I join. Let me know if I missed anything
    also I guess Zatharka would take the role of healer.

Name: Dro-Do Zatharka

Race: Khajiit

Class: Monk and used to be a Martial Artist (Master of Rawlith Kharj)

Personality: Wise, smart, calm, hints of a brasher personality

Like: people he finds worthy, Honesty, the Sunrise, The flow of water, contemplation

Dislikes: Disrespect, dishonor, unwillingness to change, misuse of power

Equiptment: Monke robes and footwraps. An assortment of potions and spells. When he fights he uses many different unarmed styles.

Biography: In Skyrim there are whispers of the great Khajiit martial artists. Beings who could break steel with their bare hands. Dro-Do Zatharka may be one of those legendary fighters, if he ever fought. Zatharka was born of a small village in Elswyr, but soon when his village was burned to the ground the young cat searched for the greatest warriors. That was many lifetimes ago, forged of the fires of revenge Zatharka found enlightenment or at least that is what he calls it. He mastered the many arts of war, but in the end he travels through many lands. Training the art that would bring balance to its practitioners. Ghubaric is such a soul, by teaching Ghubaric the Song of Steel Zatharka found a way to make a cruel man as harmonious as a monk.

Sample: The old monk looked out over the hills of Whiterun. He was thinking, as he looked over the sunsets. (basically I try to poetically describe the situation.)

"Maybe this one should buy a house. Stop this traveling." (speaks in the Khajiit third person.)

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Ok re-posted my cc so here it is once again :) Hope I get in this time!!!!

Name: J'Olema
    Race: Khajiit
    Position: Healer
    Birthplace: Elsweyr

Personality: She is kind and grateful as her life as been a success and is quite kind-hearted upon her and she is also very understanding, but she does have a snappy side to her which is only revealed if absolutly necessary and she does usually get along with people without having disputes. She is intelligent and in times of need she can be ruthless. She can be too over proud of herself and can make stupid moves which could endanger herself.
    Appearance:
    images

She has a beutiful white coat with black fur spots around her face and she has a clear scar on her hand and it got there after she was attacked in her healing station, but luckily her bow was near and she managed to fend of the attackers, but she was attacked with a knife and thats why she has a scar on her hand. She is about 6'2 foot tall and she is slim with a slightly stocky build around her arms.

Armor:
    She wears a robe with no enchantments.

Weapons:
    She has a wooden bow she is also welll trained in restoration magic. She also thinks her mind is a weapon as she is quite intelligent and sometimes out smarts her enemy.

History:
    J'Omel has had a fairly good life always getting what she wanted as she was brought up in a very rich family in Elsweyr and because she had a rich family she was allowed good tuition and she learned alot about the history of her homeland and also learned much about different variasions of creatures throughout Tamriel. Once she had learned much academicly she had an option to eighter train with the Fighters guild or go to the Mages guild and it didn't take much to give an answer so she chose the Mages guild and was sent off to Skyrim where she learned at the College of Winterhold which was a bit perculiar because she could have gone somewhere closer by, but apparently all the other guild hall where quite filled up and also the College had been wanting people so thats where she went.

She trained for twenty- two years in the art of restoration and after she had learned all she could she left and went onto her job of being a healer, but she sometimes found healing people all day a bit tidious so she began getting archery training from a local hunter who showed her all the basics. She now works like normal, attending to injured peoples wounds, but still training with her bow. She is weak and has no really well fighting abilites, she does not like being vunerable, but with the past events she is not the only one.

Writing sample:
    Well I have a link in my signature with my fan fic which has a lot of writing samples.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    If my latest post is a little 'over the top' then please let me know so I can edit when I get home this afternoon. I just started writing and I thought it would be a short post but it turned out to be so much better than I had originally planned.

Rizen, I wasn't sure how bad you had actually meant for 'The Alley' to be, but seeing as a riot over food broke out I figured there would be things like that going on as well. But again, tell me if I need to edit anything. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts