• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PunWisp

War Mage
Well one of the things it intended to fix was the book shelf glitch. Well instead of suffering from only 1 shelf (I have 8) glitch, I am now suffering 7 shelves glitching.

Did the patch actually improve things for anyone? Or did it make some things worse?

Nightshade

I'm a collector of books and am wary of putting any out on display yet. They got stuck on my first character, so I made another (yes, I started over for books as 'OCD' as that sounds haha). I will continue to keep them all in a cupboard until it seems to be completely resolved. I spent a LONG time collecting (200 something so far) and would be really ticked if they glitched :/

I downloaded the patch last night and haven't run across any problems, but I'll post if I discover any.

ill wil

In my opinion all of these "fixes" are just here to keep us playing. My game freezes so bad that I HONESTLY have to save EVERY TIME I finish a quest. I say "they" need to fix all the issues b4 putting out DLC or silly patch after patch...do "they" even test these patches thoroughly??

PunWisp

War Mage
Even with these suppose fixes, there isn't too much they really fix. One would think they would be pl***ing out good patches to fix problems so there customers are happy. I'm totally getting this on PC!

ill wil

Even with these suppose fixes, there isn't too much they really fix. One would think they would be pl***ing out good patches to fix problems so there customers are happy. I'm totally getting this on PC!
I feel you on that....funny thing they won game of the year....I wonder when they make a GOTY edition are they going to include the "exclusive bug patch"....LOL

brandon

the only glitch ive had other then the occasionall dissapearring wall when i get to close to it. is i cant complete the forsworn conspirecy quest. after you do all the talking and kill a few people. you have to go back to the temple. well my wife got arrested by the legate in there. and was sent to the mine. me i go in there and the legate is like was up and walks out. is this because im a legate myself or is it a weird glitch?

Nightshade

Like I've said in other threads, be patient guys ;) It can be frustrating because Skyrim is so immersive and we we want to be able to do everything and for it all to work NOW. I have faith that they'll fix the bigger issues in time. I'd much rather them take their time tweaking a big patch that fixes some of their more important bugs. I have a feeling they're just giving us little "filler" patches for now while they continue working on a better and bigger patch.

ill wil

Like I've said in other threads, be patient guys ;) It can be frustrating because Skyrim is so immersive and we we want to be able to do everything and for it all to work NOW. I have faith that they'll fix the bigger issues in time. I'd much rather them take their time tweaking a big patch that fixes some of their more important bugs. I have a feeling they're just giving us little "filler" patches for now while they continue working on a better and bigger patch.
your right

PunWisp

War Mage
Filler patches that don't solve the problem? Pft.

I wish I didn't DL the last patch, then just one of my bookshelves wouldn't work. This patch made all 8 of mine glitchy and unusable.

HaxAras

I've Saved In My House And All My Shelves Were Gone, Stuff On The Floor, I Told Lydia " Follow Me", Took Her Out Of My Room And Told Her To Wait She Doesn't Wait Forever. Knocked My Statue Of Dibella Over, Kicked My Bowl Of Gems And My Golden Claw Dissipated. RIP Lydia.

Maybe If They Tested Games Before Putting Them Out We Wouldn't Have To Download 34 Patches.
I Haven't Downloaded One Because There's What They Tell You They Foxed. And Then Fix The Glitches Which They Conveniently Leave Out. I Plan To Do A Glitch Search Eventually And Exploit Them. If I Ever Get Stuck I'll Download The Patches.

Cheztah

In my opinion all of these "fixes" are just here to keep us playing. My game freezes so bad that I HONESTLY have to save EVERY TIME I finish a quest. I say "they" need to fix all the issues b4 putting out DLC or silly patch after patch...do "they" even test these patches thoroughly??
The problem is there were similar massive almost game breaking glitches in f1 2011 ( i know very different games) and it took them 4-5 months to patch it.

Codemaster were copping massive massive amounts of flak while people were waiting but they did an awesome job once the patch was eventually released.

So yeah i think they needa release patches fairly regularly to keep people happy,
but i do agree we should have patches less often but done better.

HaxAras

The problem is there were similar massive almost game breaking glitches in f1 2011 ( i know very different games) and it took them 4-5 months to patch it.

Codemaster were copping massive massive amounts of flak while people were waiting but they did an awesome job once the patch was eventually released.

So yeah i think they needa release patches fairly regularly to keep people happy,
but i do agree we should have patches less often but done better.

Couldn't have Said It better Myself. Two Worlds II Took FOREVER To Get A Patch, But New Patches Every Week Is Just Annoying.

ill wil

I'm wondering with some of these glitches and bugs can a actual update fix them all and if so.....do you have to start completely over?

Phlendo

I posted this in another thread, but since this is a post on glitches... I'm new to the forum and I was hoping I might get some help for the "golden claw" issue I'm having.

I located the golden claw early on in the game for the riverwood quest. I returned the claw to the shopkeep, then stole it. A few days later my game severely glitched out on me (xbox platform), and I lost my talos amulet, some robes, and the golden claw.

Cut to 20 levels later, and I need the golden claw again to complete the Amulet Reforge Quest. Am I correcet in thinking I'm SOL, and there won't be any way to complete this particular quest?

Any ideas?

PunWisp

War Mage
Pretty much SOL I would imagine.. That really sucks :sadface:

Tiddleykong

Craft-Master cat man Lae Rashea
Wow did I hop on the Bethesda site forums? Why is everyone trashing the game? Ohs noes small minor not even at all game changing glitches ohs noes

HaxAras

I posted this in another thread, but since this is a post on glitches... I'm new to the forum and I was hoping I might get some help for the "golden claw" issue I'm having.

I located the golden claw early on in the game for the riverwood quest. I returned the claw to the shopkeep, then stole it. A few days later my game severely glitched out on me (xbox platform), and I lost my talos amulet, some robes, and the golden claw.

Cut to 20 levels later, and I need the golden claw again to complete the Amulet Reforge Quest. Am I correcet in thinking I'm SOL, and there won't be any way to complete this particular quest?

Any ideas?
I Lost My Golden Claw But Haven't Picked Up Skyrim In Weeks.
Were The Other Items That Dissipeared Stolen? I Was Thinking Of Selling the Golden Claw To A Fence And Buying It Back So It Wouldn't Be Stolen.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts