• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Should skyrim have an MMORPG version released?

• Yes

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • I don't really care either way

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters

Jaeger

CoD goes from 1 mission to the next and each mission plays on a small map. Not like Skyrim at all. Different loads, renderings, etc. For call of duty to be any where like Skyrim, choose a large hot spot like the middle east, Europe, Eastern US and run around willy-nilly shooting baddies.

You dont think that if it could be done, the modern war guys would have already done it. Like a ww2 game, where you hit the beach at Normandy, and go wherever you want.

Jwalker224

I think a multiplayer component similar to Red Dead Redemptions free roam would be very fun and then many a dedicated combat arena as well

poopyou12369

I dont see why Skyrim shouldnt have a multiplayer in my opinion if a game just as good like Red Dead Redemption can do it than why cant Skyrim. It obviously wouldnt just be a bunch of characters thrown into the world to slaughter each other (unless you want to). There could be different servers, some private and others public. There could also be servers that have only a certain area available (ie. whitrun or solitude). In private servors you could progress in the single player story line or other story lines already established such as the college of winterhold or the dark brotherhood or other side quests that already are available in the game. For public servers they could remove those quests and add different more difficult dungeon based quests that need more than one person to complete esily. Bethesda could leave all the locations available (ie. Dungeons, throat of the world, or the dark brotherhood sanctuary). It has been stated that Bethesda does not have the time to do a multiplayer exspansion but i disagree, with all the DLC's that they are making it shows they have the time but they are using it to only expand their singleplayer world opportunities, and maybe just maybe they could acctually make this one available on ps3.

TuGaWaR

The Utterly Insane
AS a 2-6 player co-op game, yes, but anything more than that wouldn't be fun anymore, seeing as I think the scrips would only let multiple people play on one save file. Within just about 3 hours, all the quests would be done if you have 10+ players on it.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I dont see why Skyrim shouldnt have a multiplayer in my opinion if a game just as good like Red Dead Redemption can do it than why cant Skyrim.
Because Skyrim isn't Red Dead Redemption. It's part of a long standing role playing game series and breaking immersion with a multiplayer option would have limited appeal for a it's long standing consumer base as evidenced by a lot of responses to threads like these.

There's also a significant difference in the mechanics of the two games with RDR being very much an FPS as well as a role playing game. FPS single player games are usually coded and built to be easily pipe-lined into a multiplayer mode. Skyrim is not and it's highly improbable that Bethesda would attempt to do something so impractical given the problems it's already encountering with getting DLC to work properly on multiple platforms with the existing code structure and engine.
It has been stated that Bethesda does not have the time to do a multiplayer exspansion but i disagree, with all the DLC's that they are making it shows they have the time but they are using it to only expand their singleplayer world opportunities.
They've only made 2 DLC's, one of which is basically just a plugin and neither of which isn't even available for PS3 because Bethesda's resources are that limited regarding DLC development for the game. That's not a basis for disagreement for a point that doesn't even have to be made.

Bethesda is not going to make a multiplayer mode for Skyrim because it is not practically feasible and makes no business sense. Why on earth would it try to develop something with such limited appeal to the consumer base for the game series while simultaneously undermining the marketing appeal for its affiliate studio's MMORPG release?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Skyrim with multiplayer? And people complain about the bugs single player, imagine multiplayer....adding several people across the net would lag that game like no tomorrow with connection speed, frames per second loading, the game is a bitch to play and load by yourself adding others would be a nightmare. Be easier to kill a bear with your hands tied behind your back.

They are releasing an online version of the Elder Scrolls called, get this, Elder Scrolls Online. I think it is set to be released in 2014.

Tyrone

I do believe an elder scrolls game should have multiplayer, but not Skyrim to me. It's just too much time and resources for Bethesda to do this, and the time they tweak the entire game and release it would be enormous. I would like to see the next Elder Scrolls game (Not elder scrolls online, MMOs don't really interest me that much) be co-op, as I could convince alot more people to get this game, as for some people, "single-player" is a huge turnoff to them.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
The only problem would be all the pausing to go into menus to drink a potion or switch out gear and weapons.
You can do that easily in single player without a frost troll mauling your face off, but I don't think it would work in multiplayer.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The only problem would be all the pausing to go into menus to drink a potion or switch out gear and weapons.
You can do that easily in single player without a frost troll mauling your face off, but I don't think it would work in multiplayer.
That's not the only problem although it certainly is one of them.

There should be an expansion that has a small tract of NEW land. You can explore it with one other player.

Skyrim is fine as a 1 player game, but adding 1 other adventuring partner would be really fun. I have a friend who's getting a ps3 and Skyrim for Christmas, and it'd be so fun to get to explore with him.

The game isn't designed for this, but I imagine it'd be able to handle 1 other person, though not much more than that.

MOROKEI

In my opinion, Bethesda RPG's such as Skyrim should first and foremost be a single player experience, like they always have. Therefore, I believe that there should always be a massive element of single player gameplay present in the future TES games. However, I would not be averse to adding in a few co-op modes. If they could somehow contrive to create a game type that allows you and a friend to battle to the death in an arena or something, that'd be really cool. I also wouldn't mind Bethesda were to add a DLC which allows for a group of friends to clear a dungeon or something like that. However, this is The Elder Scrolls, not World of Warcraft. I don't want to ever see my beloved Elder Scrolls completely devolve into a total MMORPG.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Maybe as an option, but I prefer it as a single player game. I like some mutliplayer games, but I love to just to sit back and enter a world on my own. Free to explorer it how I wish, not in a group with differing wills and desires.

No the elder scrolls should be strictley role playing over wise then it wouldent be like you where the lone hero any more.

Twiffle

A resounding NO from me IMHO, , we are Dragonborn not 'The Dragon Born Twins' ...;)

Lycan Supremacy

Freelancer of Tamriel
No, multiplayer period. The Elder Scrolls series stands on and needs no tacked on mess of a multiplayer. Its a trend that I wish would die soon. It seems that every game now needs multiplayer which isn't always the case. Multiplayer tends to hurt more than help games in my opinion. You get less bang for your buck from the single player perspective.

There should be an optional co-op component of the game. Entirely new character, separate from the main game, with their own story, etc.

Maybe there's an individual file for each person you play with? For example, maybe you have a very brief intro, you're both prisoners, get released, and BAM you're off.

Obviously it wouldn't need to be that big, just a small island or something, with a few questlines, lots of mobs, and overall the ability to play with a person you know. There's no need for a big 'mmo' type experience, which would be impossible anyway. But I don't hate the idea of an entirely separate story just for two people.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts