• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

keh'lin

I've never played a video game before, so when I started, I didn't really know how to work the controller, or menus, didn't understand the "perks" or leveling up. Um, I also didn't know how to make armour and weapons, do alchemy or enchantings hahaha

Ive figured all that out, now my character, an imperial has some pretty uneven skills. level 40ish range buuuut.... He has random perks, I just pressed buttons and it made a cool noise. He has a pretty cool weapon given to him in a mission, 2 handed battle thingy, but he's worn leather armour the entire game so far until I switched him a few days ago to some elven armour I stole off some cult like dude with a prisoner. I can't upgrade some pieces cuz i enchanted it.

I also sold (and ate) a bunch of uncommon ingrediants when I was figuring out the buttons. stuff like vampire ash and ectoplasm.

I think I made a mistake when I anniliated a whole barrack of guys in elven armour and saved some random guy in a dungeon, oh an I killed a bunch of imperial soldiers cuz they were rude. and I soldl all my dragon scales because I didnt learn about armour yet.

Sooo......Should I just scrap this character and start over?
If I just kill everyone, will it ruin the gameplay and story lines. and do I HAVE to pick one weapon skill? can't I learn them all one by one? I kinda suck, so I like the hack and pummel style of the axe, the bow looked more difficult, cuz it requires actual aim (i have yet to be able to aim my dragon shout accurately so I have doubts).

sorry this was so long!!

Joshua

If you really feel like started over, go for it! :)
There really is no problem, it's just you adapting to the game in your own way. You have to realize that this is a roleplaying game; meaning you do what you want! LOL.
If the game allows it, you shouldn't worry.

keh'lin

I WAS trying to be good, but I kinda just want to kill everything and everyone in my path and learn every possible skills. I also have this odd urge to find every raw ore vein and kill and rob an entire village. also would like to complete every single mission. Im a bit worried missions will be cancelled out if I do that.

Your point is that you dont know what I have to do? You don't have to. If you are enjoying, that's all.
I tell you how to level up smithing skill. I think youve got some hide/pelt in your inventory. Convert them
to leather and leather strip (50:50), and go to the forge, create leather gloves. then youll get the lot of smithing skills.

IsaBlue

Epic Assassin
Don't worry, I went on a killing spree I when I started playing. The "important" people won't die (example: Farkas), they will just fall over in a crouched position usually just for a second before they stand back up and go on the hunt for you. My t.v is messed up so I can't read ANYTHING in the game (well maybe except Skyrim), so when I started, I just kept on choosing random things to say and such. If you really want to start over, it's up to you. ;)

Deadricx

Do what u like , this is not MMO, i personaly dislike when players are taking games so seriously, as long u have fun , go slaughter all of Skyrim if u wish, some npcs cant be killed for example those who are involved in mainstoryline,.

Some can be killed , who give side quests, well i dont do that, since i will be lonely :D passing through ghost towns and villages...

When u got seriously high bounty, dw console saves life ;)

RGKID144

Im new to RPG's also. The beauty of this game is that anything goes. There is no "right or wrong" way to go. You play to the style that suits you. If you've ever played a collectible TCG, its the exact same thing. You play and make decks based on your own playstyle. Of course there are things that are very powerful, and broken, but its a level playing field. You do what suits you, and works for your individual style.

Im working on an orc warrior, and my first level up was magicka, and I realized Im not going to have nething to do with magicka, so every level since has been stamina. To my understanding it really has no long term affect. Do what your doing. Have fun. Im sure your character is fine. Starting over could be really fun too. Thats the beauty of skyrim. No one person's experience is the same. Kinda crazy when you think about it.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
If you feel like you want to do a new character then just do it. This is a single player game, which means your actions and decisions should make you happy and give you joy out of the game. I have started over so many times that I am beginning to lose count (adhd for ya) and I don't care honestly, because each new start is a new perspective on gameplay. For example, last night I tried my Breton playthrough and wasn't having fun (I suck as Breton for some reason), so I created a new Dark Elf Assassin and guess what? I love that character. In all video games, the idea is to have fun and get your moneys worth out of the game. Also in life, live the way you want (wthin reason of course) and don't care what people think.

keh'lin

thanks for all the input. This game is great! I am going to play 2 games, one I will haphazardly follow storylines and focus my characters skills, butI am keeping this game and I am going to attempt to max out all my skills, get all the magicks and kill everything. I also want to steal ALL the things!

Untitled-6.png

Garrison

I think at that point "steal" just becomes "pick up". :D

LOL. I would like to think at that point, since all of the houses, towns, ruins, shrines, etc. are yours anyway, why consolidate? And THIS is my Smithy. I call it Warmaiden's. And THIS is my Magic Shop. And THIS is my house. And this one also. And that one on the corner.

An ambitious, if not lonely, goal. :)

Garrison

allow me to rephrase:

I would like to kill anything and everything that moves in each town and than loot all thing things.

:)

Yep, I get you; it will be a fun goal. It's all I can do not to try for a decapitation on every guard that smirks and tells me to "watch yourself". Watch THIS, you mother... One of my goals is to be a millionaire. The challenge is that I'm also a hoarder who refuses to sell anything, lol. As has been said, the real beauty with this game is that anything goes!

keh'lin

I suppose you have a point, it may be more fun to steal from them a much as possible and THEN kill them all.

I will probably have to level up more though cuz the guards usually kills me when they come all at once. Unless I start each town by smashing into the guard barracks, axe swinging.

I would also like to figure out how to kill those frickin giant guys, holy hell they are awful, one smash and Im done! How do you kill them??

Garrison

I would also like to figure out how to kill those frickin giant guys, holy hell they are awful, one smash and Im done! How do you kill them??

The nice thing about those mammoth herds is that I've found most of them are near water. If you can't go toe-to-toe, then you can always perch just out of trunk/club reach and hit them with ranged weapons or spells. They won't enter the water. There's a bit of a glitch where if you are directly in front of them and really close, they won't run away either. Not very sporting, but useful if you want to skill your archery. Otherwise you'll have to repeatedly run out and bait them to return. The giants also have decent drops. so in addition to the skill grind, it makes the effort worthwhile.

keh'lin

I didn't know about the water thing< and I haven't even tried a bow and arrow yet so I definately need the skill level. Thanks I'm going to try it once the kid is in bed, count down to 8pm begins lol

IsaBlue

Epic Assassin
When you turn into a werewolf, it's actually pretty easy to kill the guys. Never mind the fact you can do a strong enough punch to throw them. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts