• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

deanj832

Hi I'm not asking for any help really just oppinions
I'm debating whether or not to start again as I think my character and style of play is beginning to make the game not enough of a challenge
I have a lvl 27 Breton he's nothing special really...but the fights even with Dragons and such are just becoming to easy most of the enemies espescially the damn wolves are usually killed within one or two hits I'm fairly Early on in the game though and dont want to ruin it by continuing to improve and increase in levelling and perks etc I'd like more of a challenge so I was thinking of starting again with a different type of character I currently have and use

Breton Lvl 27 Warrior
Amulet of Stendarr
Ring of Magica
Dwarven armour/Gauntlets/Boots all with various Enchantments
Superior Blades sword of Burning
Superior Falmer shield(Fortify Block Enchantments)
I also carry red eagles bane incase I need to dual weild for that bit extra damage
So nothing too special really

I just find that most of the combat is block/powerbash/sword
or if the enemy is that bit stronger it block/powerbash/freezing shout/Sword
if theres more than 2/3 enemies Its one of the above scenarios with the aid of an atronach

I'd just like a few oppinions really because I really am enjoying the story and the game itself I just dont want to be bored of doing the same thing over and over again

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Have you considered raising the difficulty? If changing it in the options doesn't interest you, you could also try using inferior armor and weapons for a greater challenge. Or change your play style. Switch to a bow and/or magic attacks. Starting over has it's appeal but if you've invested a lot of time in your character there will be things they've acquired you'll miss and it can become a chore getting them again.

I'm currently trying out not leveling up. No perks. But my skills have increased to the point where I can one-shot some creatures/bandits. Wolves will only be a challenge for characters just starting out no matter what you do but there's plenty out there that can kill you if you're not careful. If you can live with fewer magic goodies every Falmer hive or Giant will make you wonder if you'll make it out alive.

Of course I'll eventually level up and when I do I'll be able to experiment with different ways to invest my perks to see how it affects my play style and game experience.

If you're attached to your character try mixing things up a bit before starting over.

deanj832

I think its the skills that I have and some of the spells and shouts thats been putting me off from starting again i could get past losing my character I be honest though I might experiment with a different style of play to see which I prefer For example a stealthier sort of playstyle for while to see how i go before i decide

cydonianknight

honestly I had a way too easy time with my sneak archer, no one even saw me before they died. So I raised the difficulty from adept to master and now it takes sooo much more strategy and now I have to default on hiding on a ledge where they can't get to me.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I'd go with increasing the difficulty. I found a similar feeling on Adept at the start but find it a much better game on harder settings.

I like to roleplay the character a bit so if your a Sword and Board warrior dont use any magic what so ever. Im a two handed Nord warrior and only magic i use is the magic candle thing and my shouts besides that no magic what so ever. Also adds to the challenge because since he is leary of magic he does not enchant his items.

Panthera

Don Gato
If you want challenge try to play as pure mage and choose race which doesn't have magical bonuses. I have 2nd character which is Khajiit mage and it's pain in the a... to play with... I didn't play with him for a long time. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts