• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RGKID144

So, heres the deal.....

Ive logged about 35 hours at this point, but im only a level 15. My two handed is like 68, heavy armour around 50. Those are my two big perks as of now. Should be at a much higher level after 35 hours in the game? Or maybe am I just collecting too many butterfly wings? lol

It feels like other people are much higher levels at this point in the game. Thoughts?

Anarki

Maybe you have a subpar level for the amount of time that you've played. I'm on almost the same amount of hours as you but I'm level 30.

Have you leveled any smithing/enchanting/locpicking at all?

RGKID144

Maybe you have a subpar level for the amount of time that you've played. I'm on almost the same amount of hours as you but I'm level 30.

Have you leveled any smithing/enchanting/locpicking at all?
Yeah i have friends that have played for like 10 hours more than me, but are level 40s. I think im spending too much time collecting, and not enough time questing.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
70+ Workes for me ;)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yeah i have friends that have played for like 10 hours more than me, but are level 40s. I think im spending too much time collecting, and not enough time questing.

The quests themselves don't raise your level, however. Obviously, being in combat gives your skills the opportunity to improve which goes toward level. How have you gotten your skills up in 2-handed and heavy armor?

Frankly, if you're enjoying the game doing whatever you're doing, do it. The bigger problem is when you inflate your level through the speech, smith and alchemy glitches and end up in battles you absolutely can't handle because the only thing you can hit with your sword is yourself.

RGKID144

The quests themselves don't raise your level, however. Obviously, being in combat gives your skills the opportunity to improve which goes toward level. How have you gotten your skills up in 2-handed and heavy armor?

Frankly, if you're enjoying the game doing whatever you're doing, do it. The bigger problem is when you inflate your level through the speech, smith and alchemy glitches and end up in battles you absolutely can't handle because the only thing you can hit with your sword is yourself.
Haha. Yeah definitely. No, the game is freaking amazing, and yeah I think thats why my friends levels are so high, they smith glitched to get dragon armour whch probably boosted their level a ton. im going at a slow pace, but I guess its that much more enjoyable to me this way. It may end up taking me a ton more than 60 hours to complete the maiin quest, but I guess everyones experience is different. Thats why i love this game.

Ks17

Haha. Yeah definitely. No, the game is freaking amazing, and yeah I think thats why my friends levels are so high, they smith glitched to get dragon armour whch probably boosted their level a ton. im going at a slow pace, but I guess its that much more enjoyable to me this way. It may end up taking me a ton more than 60 hours to complete the maiin quest, but I guess everyones experience is different. Thats why i love this game.
Yeah bro, way I look at it, who cares if you're level 10 even and have like over 100 hours logged... If you're having fun and enjoying the game; ---> mission accomplished... :)

Forumate

This is one of the most interesting things about this game. We all have the same game with the same quests and same content and yet we play the game very differently from one another. Not just in how we build or characters and what perks we choose but what we do in the world and how we interact with it.

RGKID144

Yeah dude no question about it. I was actually talkin to one of my boys via live while we were playing yesterday, and we made it to the same dungeon somehow. It was Cronvangrs Cave, and I had a completely different experience in the cave alone. We both different items of great value, came in from different sides of Skyrim, and took much different amounts of time to go through the entire dungeon. So cool. We even read the same book, and it leveled my lockpicking up, and not his. It's really crazy how different everyones experience is.

Jaeger

Yeah dude no question about it. I was actually talkin to one of my boys via live while we were playing yesterday, and we made it to the same dungeon somehow. It was Cronvangrs Cave, and I had a completely different experience in the cave alone. We both different items of great value, came in from different sides of Skyrim, and took much different amounts of time to go through the entire dungeon. So cool. We even read the same book, and it leveled my lockpicking up, and not his. It's really crazy how different everyones experience is.

There are 3 instances of that book that you found in Cronvangrs cave

From the wiki:
The Locked Room - found in Honeystrand Cave on a bandits body. The cave is just south of Ivarstead.
Alternatively found in the lower levels of Alftand Animonculory, inside a locked cage, on a skeleton near a Master-leveled-locked chest.
Cronvangr Crave on the table inside the vampire house.

You haven't came across that book yet and he has, either at honeystrand cave or Alftand Animonculory. Therefore you get the buff; he already has read the locked room, so he doesn't get the buff again.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts