Should have done this a week ago

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CharlesD

Yesterday I fired up the PS3 and when going through the case I have my games in, I had to turn past several others to get to the Skyrim disc. So on a whim I decided to play some different games while I was watching football. I played my FIFA franchise some, pulled out Uncharted 3, Arkham City, and Assassin's Creed Revelations. I had a blast.

Nothing against Skyrim. It's a great game and I've gotten good bang for my buck, but every time I get a new game it's like this. I play nothing else for a while, get a little burned out, and then it becomes one of the games in my collection. At that point I mix it up a lot and might even come back to it for short stints on occasion. That's where I am now, and for the sake of variety, that's probably a good thing. I'll probably come back to it, but I don't see myself doing those marathon sessions again, or going weeks never playing anything else.

Maxlength

Yeah, other games have taken a back seat at mine too. Skyrim is just so involved and you get deep into the game play.
I have an F1 game to complete yet.....:eek:

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
...Guess who hasn't even touched MW3 and BF3... because of Skyrim. I went back to CivCity Rome a bit 'cause I just installed it on my laptop, but my senses are always screaming "SKYRIM." And I thought my Dragon Age phase was bad...

Evina

...Guess who hasn't even touched MW3 and BF3... because of Skyrim. I went back to CivCity Rome a bit 'cause I just installed it on my laptop, but my senses are always screaming "SKYRIM." And I thought my Dragon Age phase was bad...

I know that feeling. I'm playing with TS3 now, since Skyrim hasn't been put back to it's place after a huge system reinstall, and I always get the feeling something is missing...(DRAGONS!)

Oh btw Dragon Age...
I guess this is the part when I say goodbye of what's left of my social life.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
This is a natural thing I think as the newness and splendar wear out, taking a break then rerolling with a new character and playstyle instantly combat these feelings for me. I am also a Fifa fan but virtual football play is usually mixed in when friends visit anyways. Personally I've mixed a Mass Effect 2 play through in with Skyrim in hopes of properly preparing my Commander for Mass Effect 3, love how you can load ME1 and ME2 characters. Once you return to Skyrim it will likely feel exciting again :)

Maybe this is why some people like open marriage as you don't get bored with your spouse lol.

BSE

I have both Arkham City and AC Revelations sitting at home still in their shrink wrap. Ill get to them eventually. If I decide to play something else, but dont wanna get involved, Ill throw in Contra or MT Punch Out on my NES.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
yea im literally back and forth between GOW3 and Skyrim until max payne 3 comes out !!!!!!!!!!!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
i got skyrim in november and have played nothing else since....although I do want to finish my most recent mass effect 2 playthrough (interested to see how Shepard consummates things w/ Tali, lol) before the 3rd installment comes out.

Cannabyss

Before 11/11/11 I was an avid Gears of War player. Didn't play much else. It was just my cousin and I raping and pillaging Annex. Then came Skyrim. My cousin, not much of an RPG fan, stuck to Gears 3 and continues to pillage. I, on the other hand, have not let another game touch the inside of my 360 since that faithful day 2 months and 12 days ago. I planned on switching back over at the beginning of 2012, but I just can't stomach it. So, every time I log on to explore my secondary life, it always ends up like this:

My cousin: Gears?
Me: Eh, I don't have a lot of time to play. Maybe another time.
**3 hours later**
My cousin: Uh, Gears..?

And silence.

A.Auditore

maybe...
know the feeling of the burned phase of games, when i was playing oblivion i got burned out on it after a month of game time so i switched to assassins creed series and played that for awhile, from that experience im trying it with skyrim so i dont get "bored" (like its possible?) with it

Champion8877

i know what you mean, since i got skyrim i havent touched mw3 or bf3 again. also madden 12 and nba 2k12, which previously were my favorite and most often played games, have not been touched since early december because of skyrim

Mabe

Before 11/11/11 I was an avid Gears of War player. Didn't play much else. It was just my cousin and I raping and pillaging Annex. Then came Skyrim. My cousin, not much of an RPG fan, stuck to Gears 3 and continues to pillage. I, on the other hand, have not let another game touch the inside of my 360 since that faithful day 2 months and 12 days ago. I planned on switching back over at the beginning of 2012, but I just can't stomach it. So, every time I log on to explore my secondary life, it always ends up like this:

My cousin: Gears?
Me: Eh, I don't have a lot of time to play. Maybe another time.
**3 hours later**
My cousin: Uh, Gears..?

And silence.

I uaed to pillage in GOW3. Now I wander Skyrim catching butterflies and picking flowers. Somehow this is better?

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
I know that feeling. I'm playing with TS3 now, since Skyrim hasn't been put back to it's place after a huge system reinstall, and I always get the feeling something is missing...(DRAGONS!)

Oh btw Dragon Age...
I guess this is the part when I say goodbye of what's left of my social life.
I know right! I saw that article too :))

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I have to be the most addicted on this site with almost 1300 hours in game and still finding new things out in the wilds and mountain crevices.... I occasionally will sate my appetite for change by watching a movie and monitoring the forums. But I have loved the TES games for a really long time now and the true role playing aspect of this game has made it the best for me. Though I seldom pick up my main character anymore, instead picking up my test character or research characters to find glitches and re-explore places for story ideas, and guide making. I had picked up after Oblivion every rpg in the same feel but none were worthy of a TES title, Two worlds, Dragon Age, Dungeon Siege only Mass effect series and replaying oblivion were worth my time away from my co-op gaming. then just 2 months before Skyrim came out I lost my job my internet for Xbox live slowed to a crawl so playing alone again was forced upon me, I started to re-explore the protaganists in many of the epics I had come to love as a co-op gamer going solo... Legendary on halo reach, insane on Duke Nukem, Forsa3 with all assists off... biding my time for this last game fully paid for before my job loss to come in. I was prepared, and not, for the beauty and wonder of Skyrim not sure if you know but I am a Dead is dead style player in rpg's and lost three characters in the first day of skyrim till I learned not to mess with giants, or mammoths, or trolls with no fire. I still remember my first OMG moment it wasn't the dragon attack of helgen, it was a salmon jumping the rapids of the river leading to Riverwood, with butterflys flitting about and birds chirping I stood and sometime still stand mesmerized.

Maxlength

Haha...I remember taking on my first giant and learned very fast to keep away from them. I still do.

CharlesD

Well, I took a couple days away from the game and that was a darn good thing if you ask me. Now I can just put it in and play for an hour or two and turn it off, either to play something else or do something more productive. I've really enjoyed going back to some of my sports games recently and now when I put Skyrim in again it's one of many and not the only thing. I can just enjoy it while I'm there more than I was last week.

This is a natural thing I think as the newness and splendar wear out, taking a break then rerolling with a new character and playstyle instantly combat these feelings for me. I am also a Fifa fan but virtual football play is usually mixed in when friends visit anyways. Personally I've mixed a Mass Effect 2 play through in with Skyrim in hopes of properly preparing my Commander for Mass Effect 3, love how you can load ME1 and ME2 characters. Once you return to Skyrim it will likely feel exciting again :)

Maybe this is why some people like open marriage as you don't get bored with your spouse lol.

I can't wait for ME3!
On my first ME3 playthrough I'm going to create a new character. Then Ithereafter I'll start loading ME2 and ME1/ME2 characters.

Varealkin

After I played Skyrim, I took MW3, Infamous 2, Arkham City, and Uncharted 3 and traded them in at Gamestop. It's all I play anymore. I'm level 40 and have killed Alduin, but there is still so much to do. Epic game. Can't wait for the DLC's.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts