Short introduction...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ragnarokk

Hi all,

Just wanted to take this chance to introduce myself to you all. I'm from the Netherlands and a huge Skyrim fan. I must say I almost missed out on this game... I hadn't played the first 3 Elde Scrolls and quickly dropped Oblivion after getting annoyed with it (I accidentally saved at a very-low-health moment during a quest and couldn't proceed as I kept getting killed before finding something to regenerate). I decided to give Skyrim a try during the very first version but again, got annoyed by the bugs and when I found a cow floating about three feet above a field, I said to myself: that does it, I'm off. Luckily, I gave it one more try after patch 1.4 and then got completely hooked.

I have only just completed the main quest, but mostly because I got sidetracked - I first did the College of Winterhold Quests, the Dark Brotherhood, the Civil War and all the Daedric Quests (my favourites of them all). Now I'm close to finishing the Thieves Guild questline and have also started on the Companions. However, distraction is calling again... I found three of the Dragon Priest masks (Morokei, Otar and Nahkriin) and now I feel obliged to "catch 'em all"... :)

A few Skyrim-related stats:

Character name: Ragnarokk
Race: Breton
Favourite house: Proudspire Manor
Favourite magic school: Destruction
Favourite spell: Flames, Clairvoyance
Favourite Shout: Kyne's Peace, Fire Breath
Favourite city: Solitude and Markarth
Favourite Daedric Prince: Boethiah, Meridia, Hermaeus Mora, Namira

Just ask if you want to know more!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums! Are you playing the game on PC or a console? There are quite a few oddities we can get around if you're using a PC and even on consoles, we've learned a lot of workarounds. Just make sure you save the game often (real saves, and multiples of them).

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Greetings and cheers, Ragnarokk! I loved the Daedric quests, too. They were also my favorites. The dragon priests' masks were also a fun time. Know what else is good to chase and complete? Getting all three words for all the shouts. I think there are 20 shouts in all. A few you'll get all at the same time, but most of 'em you gotta track down. An excellent time will be had by all.

Ragnarokk

Thanks for the kind messages, everyone!

I'm playing the PS3 version and have so far (knock on wood) not encountered any major issues so far. However, I did avoid downloading the latest patch so far, due to all the reports about crashing when going into water.

Also, I want to find all Words of Power, but the Greybeards disappeared on me after killing Alduin (even though I let Paarthurnax live). So now I can no longer get their guidance to find new Words...

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts