Spoiler Sheogorath Was Your Character In Skyrim From Oblivion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DayWalker

Did anyone ever get the hint or idea that the Cyrodilic Champion of Oblivion was Sheogorath? In Skyrim during your quest to "treat" the mad mind of Palegeus, he references the quests you went through during the Oblivion crisis.

"Cheese, oh the cheese was something...to die for" - Referring to what the Mad-god said to you during the Shivering Isles quest, you became the champion taking the role of the Mad God-thus Sheogorath in Skyrim. The cheese reference is also from the daedric quest in Oblivion. Since Shivering Isles, no word has been noted that Sheogorath has ever returned, so since you took the mantle of the Mad God in Oblivion, it would make sense that it would have been your character; well, the aftermath thereof.

You're the hero of Cyrodil during that time/Hero of Kvatch is Sheogorath/The Mad-God/Prince of Madness.

It is also noted that the Champion of Morrowwind went off to venture outside toward Akavir, since you were the reincarnate of a Dunmer hero who fought on Red Mountain. So when it is mentioned in Skyrim, it makes me wonder.

Now as the Dragonborn, once all is said and accomplished does it mean that you are Akatosh perhaps or even Talos, Jurgen Windcaller even? I noticed that in Svongarde, you see the warriors of old, yet a few god-kings are not there. Arngier(Grey beard) hints that "The return of dragonborn is sometimes said to be the return of gods themselves to fight during perile times-or sent by the gods themselves" -Misquoted, but along that line.

I saw it on another forum and didn't think to make that particular connection. I do love the lore in Skyrim and its depth, so it's very possible. What do you think?

AS88

Staff member

DayWalker

He definitely took time to put many of the theories in one collaboration which i enjoyed. I mentioned this on that post to as well just in case, i think it may be another pissing link :

AGREED- 2 things i want to point out. If you go to the College of Winterhold and fulfill their main quest, that psijic monk takes the big ball of power back to his realm, in which is centered around that pentagram in the map. If you remember, the Thalmor was trying to keep everyone out of Winterhold while wielding the staff, thus trying to control the big ball of energy. That very ball of energy could be the very form of energy that "is not meant for this world" that could have been the destruction of mankind.

-If you also remember Septimus Signus trying to unveil the dwemer ruin to reveal what? Lorkhan's heart itself. Make the connection with the theories aforementioned, and it will be more mind blowing.

AS88

Staff member
In the Shivering Isles expansion, your character disappears at the end to be replaced by the Prince of Madness. Some take that to mean that you were Sheo all along, going back to Kvatch. I think He's a madman that delights in messing with people's heads, even through the Foruth Wall. It's just as likely he teleported you to Oblivion, or wherever as a parlor trick. Don't take anything He says with too much weight, He's arguably the least reliable witness in the entire Mundus. You can trust Boethea to lie, but Sheo, you just never know with that guy. It could be a lie, nonsense, or hell, even the truth if it well make you think. Don't obsess over this stuff too much, it will drive you batty.

gruhg

I definitely think that Sheo could be the Hero of Kvatch.
Perhaps the fox that he mentions in "The Mind of Madness" is referring to the Gray Fox?

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
In dialogue, Sheogorath mentions that he was present for all of the Oblivion Crisis and thatMartin was possibly the "best" of the Septims. He then rattles off a list of seemingly unrelated objects: butterflies, a Fox, a severed head, and cheese. These likely reference the beginning ofShivering Isles, the Gray Fox of the Cyrodiil Thieves Guild and the severed head of Mathieu Bellamont's mother. The cheese may be in reference to Sheogorath's Daedric Shrine quest in Border Watch. While nothing can be stated with certainty, these comments, coupled with his remark that Sheogorath is a title "passed down from me to me", suggest he is the Champion of Cyrodiil.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts