• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bobassur

Hey everyone,
in my game, shadowmere is missing. I have it, however, he/she/it is gone. I don't know if it's because I've ridden dragons or because I traveled to Solstheim. Note that: yes, I have dragonborn dlc, still I'm not sure if has something about

Ivory

Let's Player
Have you ever ridden any other horses?

Ivory

Let's Player
I'm pretty sure if you ride another horse, it replaces your current one. Have you tried visiting the dark brotherhood hide out? The old one?

Ivory

Let's Player
Hmph. There has to be a place Shadowmere would be. I would assume she's not in dawnstar? (Female in oblivion and I refuse to believe otherwise :p). If you own a hearth fire home, check around there. My roommate who played my Xbox from time to time noticed that Shadowmere loves his house.

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
Have you checked at castle volkihar?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

bobassur

Hmph. There has to be a place Shadowmere would be. I would assume she's not in dawnstar? (Female in oblivion and I refuse to believe otherwise :p). If you own a hearth fire home, check around there. My roommate who played my Xbox from time to time noticed that Shadowmere loves his house.
well, i don't remember searching there (i have the 3 hearth fire homes, but the third i just wanted achievement, so i just buil the hall) and just went there 1 time to do that; it's not on my other two main hearth fire homes.
yeah, but astrid and other skyrim's characters refer to shadowmere as "he"

Have you checked at castle volkihar?

i don't believe it will be there, but thats a good place to search; after going to soul cairn and using arvak, shadowmere also was gone and i found her there at the boat

Ivory

Let's Player
Let us know if you find her, this is quite the puzzle.

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
Umm. Fast travel back to any of the last few quests you've done? Since getting Arvak.

bobassur

I was using shadowmere, went to solstheim and spend a lot of time there doing dragonborn quests and plops. during that time, i used arvak... not willing to "re start" from the time I was using shadowmere. I've a fluffing ton of quests

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
Lol fast travel to everywhere you've been, in Skyrim?

bobassur

wow, i've discovered over 200 places... it means over 200 load screens... it means way too much time, still it's a good idea

JClarke1953

well, i don't remember searching there (i have the 3 hearth fire homes, but the third i just wanted achievement, so i just buil the hall) and just went there 1 time to do that; it's not on my other two main hearth fire homes.
yeah, but astrid and other skyrim's characters refer to shadowmere as "he"

i don't believe it will be there, but thats a good place to search; after going to soul cairn and using arvak, shadowmere also was gone and i found her there at the boat

Something must have changed then. On my first char, I had both horses to ride. I used Arark in treacherous area's, and to go up the castle to fight Alduin. I stabled Shadowmere at the Riften Stables when I didn't need him. Thing is, he was always at the stable of any major city I was in. I could do whatever there, fast travel to another and he'd be there. He'd also be at Hrothgar to wait outside, as even at fast travel alone, if it was a ruin or whatever, he'd be there as well.