• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sam.delatorre

I've looked everywhere on the internet on how to find him but I think my case is rather unique. As impossible as that may seem, read this first:

I left him fighting someone at the entrance of a cave... My follower and me entered leaving him behind fighting the guy. We proceeded through the cave and that was that. I fast traveled a couple of times before realizing he wasn't there anymore.

So he is not dead to the best of my knowledge, or he is and I do not remember that cave I was at.

Any assistance?

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
Is there any chance you can reload to the part where you left him by the cave?

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
You didn't manual save?

Cyndaquil

I have the same problem, but he disappeared while I was riding him up a hill. Just disappeared into thin air and I can't find him anywhere. I as well didn't have an auto save or manual save from before because I thought that I would just run into him again when I fast traveled or left a city.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I have the same issue. He was my go to horse and one time he just wasn't there when I came out of fast travel and I haven't seen him since. Actually got in trouble for stealing a black horse thinking that was him.

Panthera

Don Gato
Similar thing but I found him in front of Dawnstar sanctuary.

Calcelmo

Article Writer
Actually got in trouble for stealing a black horse thinking that was him.

*This is just my experience on Xbox. This may not be the same for other systems.

If you fast traveled with this horse then the horse replaced Shadowmere. The only way to get him again is to search the area were you got on the black horse.

If Shadowmere dies then he will be resurected in a month at the exact place where he died.

brandon

try going back to the sanctuary and see if hes there or fast travel to all the caves youve found. yes i know this can be rediculous ok. but look around the outside for a pile of ash or ghostly remains. if you find that then he died. and thatll suck. but ive lost followers in this manner and they never showed back up anywhere.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts