• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Baldr

I'm close to being able to afford the house in solitude, but selling the goods I have stored, is difficult with the lack of money the merchants have. Does anyone know where I can sell potions and a place to sell the weapons I make that hold more then 1000 coins

It's not how we fall which defines us but how we rise after falling

Halkin

pzzzztt
only way i get around it is buy just about everything they have lol, be it ores, ingredients, potions, stuff i can make into something else to sell back to them

skyrimbeast

Yes, if you have the perk on speech which allows you to invest in stores, go to riverwood, then invest in them by talking to camilla valerius then they should have over 10,000 gold, then if you could get that 1st perk you can get the perk to be able to sell anything to all merchants, do that then go back there every 48 hours and sell again. If you dont have a high speech level, well look it up on youtube, and there should be a way to level up fast, I'll just say its to do in riften. HOPE THIS HELPED

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
Yes, if you have the perk on speech which allows you to invest in stores, go to riverwood, then invest in them by talking to camilla valerius then they should have over 10,000 gold, then if you could get that 1st perk you can get the perk to be able to sell anything to all merchants, do that then go back there every 48 hours and sell again. If you dont have a high speech level, well look it up on youtube, and there should be a way to level up fast, I'll just say its to do in riften. HOPE THIS HELPED

to further elaborate on this, if you take the fence perk you can also sell your stolen goods to anyone you invest with, very good system

I find Whiterun a good place to sell weapons. Because you have the 2 people at Warmaidens, A guy in the Drunken Huntsman, The general goods store, I think there is a potion shop(can't remember the name), you have the guy at the skyeforge and then there is the mage in dragons reach. Thats why I prefer Whiterun to most places.

Soar Tueth

I find Whiterun a good place to sell weapons. Because you have the 2 people at Warmaidens, A guy in the Drunken Huntsman, The general goods store, I think there is a potion shop(can't remember the name), you have the guy at the skyeforge and then there is the mage in dragons reach. Thats why I prefer Whiterun to most places.
The drunken Huntsman is open 24 hours! Warmaiden's is a husband/wife operation with a joint account, so if you sell to one, the other has no more gold; deplete their stock together.

I keep all my smithing supplies in my Whiterun house, right next to the forge and Smelter. Many a time, I've tried to carry so many ingots from Breezehome to the forge, the encumbured, slow walk was short agony. It's the best first house. If there is a smelter in Solitude, I haven't found it.

Emilia

the scorpion rises under the balsamic moon
i leveled my speech craft to 100 by following this video.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
Warmaiden's is a husband/wife operation with a joint account, so if you sell to one, the other has no more gold; deplete their stock together.

not true, while they do both have the same amount of gold it does not deplete together. Neither does their stock, maybe post 1.5 it does but i refuse to install that plops on my system. but prior 1.5 they are seperate entities entirely

Getting married is another good option that doesn't require investing any perks.

When I come home form adventuring I buy grand and greater soul gems (filled, of course) and that increases her money into the thousands. I sell loot to my wife and make that plus her money back. When I have more loot than she has money I store it in a chest. When she has more money than I've looted weapons and whatnot, I go to the old loot chest and sell off more waiting goods.

Saves me a lot of time and makes managing my inventory and selling at my convenience very easy. I think I'm making money considerably faster with this strategy. And she doesn't even mind that I seem to have a weird-if-platonic thing going with Lydia.

Getting married is another good option that doesn't require investing any perks.

When I come home form adventuring I buy grand and greater soul gems (filled, of course) and that increases her money into the thousands. I sell loot to my wife and make that plus her money back. When I have more loot than she has money I store it in a chest. When she has more money than I've looted weapons and whatnot, I go to the old loot chest and sell off more waiting goods.

Saves me a lot of time and makes managing my inventory and selling at my convenience very easy. I think I'm making money considerably faster with this strategy. And she doesn't even mind that I seem to have a weird-if-platonic thing going with Lydia.

Just a quick question. Does your wife's Gold add up over time? Like if I were to keep buying her new stock would all the gold add up over time or does it reset to say 1000 every so often?

Soar Tueth

I think it behaves like a regular merchant, so my experience is it resets to 750, unless you have the investment perk. Mostly I'm selling, not buying. However, she pays a dividend of 100 gold every day and accrues if you don't collect it. (I haven't tested if there is a cap on how much your share accrues.) Sadly, I didn't discover one could marry until I was level 52. It would have been better to marry early in the game when gold was more useful.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you're in the Thieves Guild every time you complete one of the capital city quests your Fence traders get another 1000 gold in their inventory for a total of 4000. There are 7 in total and they will purchase any kind of inventory item.

Just a quick question. Does your wife's Gold add up over time? Like if I were to keep buying her new stock would all the gold add up over time or does it reset to say 1000 every so often?
Pretty much what Soar Tueth said... She operates like a merchant (well, she is a merchant). So within a given 24 hours I can leave the house and return and she pretty much keeps the same inventory of stuff I've sold and has the same amount of gold. As a non-thief type, she sets to 750 or so every new day, the goods I've sold her begin to disappear and her inventory generally randomizes and restocks. Plus the 100 gold a day.
So, when I buy soul gems from her, her total gold goes up and I try to always reduce it as close to zero as possible before returning to adventuring. There's a whole domestic routine when I get back from the outside, and that buying soul gems/making loot profit loop is part of it for our little household.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts