• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    That's a pretty good setup T. Not sure about the Railroad to be honest. All I know of them so far is Victoria Watts from Fallout 3 and Aela from the Fallout 4 Steam trailers.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Me neither actually. I might investigate them in another playthrough. Better ask Wolfbane.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I know all about them. They're very discrete. The whole bunker hill minutemen brotherhood institute thing? That was a boss idea.

Bunker Hill is infamous for being extremely easy to defend. It'd only take a small team to defend it from an army type defensible. Not exactly that extreme, but every companion comment mentions how great the defences are and how easily it could be defended.

Also bunker hill's leader... This isn't a spoiler because you find it out just going there and talking to her but if you don't want to know something about bunker hill and want to find out yourself, go to bunker hill and talk to Kessler.

Warning

Warning

Last warning

She pays raiders off so they don't attack her or her caravans, so she seems like a pushover to me

Warning^

Warning^

Warning*

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Easy to defend eh? Is that why the British took it from us during the Revolution?

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Bunker hill has had some modifications since the bombs dropped. And everybody else's competence has had a somewhat of a downgrade...

Pufftuff

Hey Wolf. I'm thinking you two notice. Jordy in the building the next morning let the dialogue play out and go from their if you have a better idea message me and let me know since we are both in Diamond city. I can always delete/change the post.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454307743.778062.jpg

Recreating the scene two characters in the RP met just because it was relatively easy, with Rufus wearing a gas mask.

Featuring

The Sole Survivor as Jack
    Hancock as Rufus

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    images-10.jpeg download8f49048a_storage_2femulated_2f0_2fDCIM_2fCamera_2fIMG_20160131_131836_2.png
    I had a go at recreating the symbolic opening shot of Fo3.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    The fact the Jun Long and whatever the other person is called in fallout is essential and can't be relocated to another settlement pisses me off. So many who shouldn't be essential are. Such an immersion breaker when they can't die. And how do they keep escaping my torture chambers?-.-

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Name: Malcolm Davis
    Birthplace: Small town near the old border between Canada and the US on the shores of Lake Ontario.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:

Strength:8
    Perception:8
    Endurance:7
    Charisma:2
    Intelligence:9
    Agility:6
    Luck:3

Appearance: Short dark brown hair with thick eyebrows angled over intensely perceptive brown eyes. Average, straight nose set over a mouth set between frown lines and framed by a strong jaw. Usually clean shaven but occasionally with some light stubble.

Clothing: Mostly prefers to wear a pair of dark green cargo pants with a thick leather belt and a close fitting grey t-shirt and a dark brown leather jacket, usually unzipped. He wears a pair of black army boots and leather gloves. He also has a black "flatcap" style hat and a pair of aviators that he wears when it's sunny out. Over his left shoulder and hanging on his right side he carries a brown leather satchel which he puts many of his valuables in.

Weapons: Malcolm carries an old world .40 caliber pistol in a concealed holster in one of the pockets of his satchel so that if someone asks him to empty his bag he can instead reach for his gun without arousing suspicion. On his right leg in a leather drop down holster he carries an old world .357 magnum revolver. The that the .357 is on also has ammunition loops which are stocked with additional rounds for the weapon. On his back he carries a pump action military shotgun capable of holding up to 9 shells and with a flashlight attached below the end of the barrel.

Misc Gear: In his satchel, Malcolm carries a short parang style machete along with a length of rope and some climbing gear. He also has a notebook that he keeps inside his jacket at all times. He also has a small music player with charger and headphones as well as a fixed drop point knife with a carved wood and steel grip on his belt. He also has a military issue gas mask with several extra filters.

Personality: Malcolm is an introvert and prefers his own company over that of others most of the time but is fairly receptive and good-natured towards those he meets in his travels. While he is certainly competent at defending himself he usually isn't looking for a fight and is very hard to offend or get riled up, however when he does get angry he tends to lash out about things that wouldn't normally bother him. He does prefer to avoid fighting when exploring the Commonwealth with the exception of thugs and roadside bandits that he encounters. Malcolm strongly believes in trying to better what is left of the world and sees bandits and thugs as a threat to that progress so he will usually try his best to eradicate them. Usually preferring not to speak unless spoken too, Malcolm has become increasingly upset with the state of the Commonwealth, in particular the rash of kidnappings as well as the narrowmindedness of many who live there. Because of his introverted nature, Malcolm spends much of his time pondering his role and as well as the state of the world at large and so has opinions on many subjects. He has very little qualms about killing if need be and rarely shows remorse for those he has ended but he also doesn't kill lightly or do anything without a reason; what that reason is could be anything though. He also enjoys learning new things and is always on the lookout for new books or anything else he can add to his library.

Skills: Having lived on his own in the Wasteland for the better part of 15 years Malcolm has gotten very good at surviving most situations and knows his way around Boston fairly well. His inquisitive nature and desire to understand as much as he can means that he often takes things apart and puts them back together again until he knows everything he can about it and it has made him a fairly capable tinkerer. He is almost always able to grasp new ideas very quickly. Malcolm is all about logically understanding the world around him and will take his time when forming an opinion on most any issue. As far as combat goes, he can hold his own against the likes of raiders and the occasional Gunner. He enjoys practicing his quickdraw and marksmanship with his .357 and is pretty quick with his shotgun as well. In close combat he is actually quite good despite not having any formal training. He figures that most people will have the same weaknesses that he does in terms of anatomy and mercilessly exploits pressure points, joints, and other soft spots.

Background: Born near lake near lake Ontario as an only child, Malcolm spent most of his early years traveling with his mother and father who were members of the Minutemen. Although he was young at the time, Malcolm remembers the time spent outdoors, traveling to different communities. Because they were never in one place for very long, Malcolm didn't form any close attachments to anyone and had few relationships in his childhood leading him to rely on himself most of all. One day when he was 9 his parents and him were on their way to a small town when they were ambushed by raiders. His father tried to talk them down, offering food, caps, even a few weapons and it almost worked. The raiders took everything offered and just when thought they'd get away without incident, the raiders pulled on them, shooting his father in the head before either of his parents could react. In a panic, his mother grabbed him and ran, shooting after the raiders even as they shot at her. They didn't get far before his mother was hit in the leg as she tried to get across a bridge. She handed Malcolm her gun, a .357 magnum and told him to run. He did. Only looking back after he heard gunfire, seeing the raiders surround his mother.

Since then he has been on his own. He no longer identifies with the minutemen but instead prefers to travel alone. He now lives in the projector room of an old drive in movie theater near concord, where he has a collection of books, old films, and other trinkets that he finds in the Wasteland. He spends his time exploring the area around old Boston, collecting anything he thinks is useful or he can learn something from. Although he spends much of his time thinking, none of it is about his parents and he will usually ignore questions about his past. Malcolm lives for the future, striving to learn as much as he can so that he can hopefully make a difference. However, despite his desire to help people and won't abandon a person in need, he also has little trust towards people and is always on guard for treachery.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    The fact the Jun Long and whatever the other person is called in fallout is essential and can't be relocated to another settlement pisses me off. So many who shouldn't be essential are. Such an immersion breaker when they can't die. And how do they keep escaping my torture chambers?-.-
    "I'll stop complaining when there's nothing to complain about".- Marcy Long for the 327th time. I end up twitching whenever she's nearby

I restarted my game for another playthrough. Going to be a stealthy hacker this time (guess which faction I'll end up with). I'll need to reach Bunker Hill all over again.

I like your character Marek; you've got a talent for writing, from what I've seen in the past.

Andre Marek

Thanks T, it means a lot! I've been dabbling in writing a book on my own and I'm torn between a few topics. I'm half thinking of doing one on Destiny, mainly because the lack of coherent story in that game when it had so much potential irked the hell outta me. it's either that or something in the world of Skyrim.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Same here, but mine never end well. I wish you the best of luck in your personal endeavours, whatever they may be!

Andre Marek

Since my character lives in the old drive in i was kind of figuring that if Baroth and Simus' characters could run into him on their way to Diamond city and he could offer his help getting there. Since Courtney is from the old world, Malcolm would be super interested in hearing everything she has to say.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Marek, I'm writing a post apocalyptic book as we speak. I really love building the world of the book so I'm doing a lot of pre planning. The U.S has four or five different zones where the people dress and dress their weapons accordingly and often pick up the style of the area. I may include some makeshift weapons. I already have four factions and three main characters. I'll have more.

Andre Marek

Thats awesome Wolf, I hope it turns out well for you! I've been working through different ideas mostly. I've got a plot for one and several characters all worked out too. And I think I have an idea for an RP of my own as well based on one of the DLC quests from Skyrim.

Also, does this mean I can make a post up?

Andre Marek

Not the longest but I'm tired and sore sooo... i suppose it'll have to do for now.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I'm surprised no one called out my Metal Gear Solid reference in my last post.

Or maybe you all noticed it and it's the Hideo Kojima patterned elephant in the room.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts