• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rimfaxe96

The first time a gargoyle exploded right in front of my nose. Almost spit my Coke over my keyboard.
Damn you Skyrim. :mad:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I was running through a ruin and then turned around just as a Skeever jumped into my face. Scared the plops out of me, I jumped and nearly fell out of bed.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
The first time I played on legendary and had to fight a Giant Frostbite Spider. I nearly pl*** myself and I don't scare easily.

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
After hours of exploring ( without saving ), I was running through the rift, then everything stopped. My mind turned to all the data I would lose if the game crashed. I stared at the screen for a few seconds, then I saw movement again.

False alarm. It was only lag.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
The first bear you encounter when you are escaping from Helgen. It was really suspenseful trying to sneak by it.

Also, every time I hear a bear growling at me from somewhere, when I can't see it.

EDIT: Also, all the damn tentacle monsters on Solstheim.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
First time I got lost in Blackreach.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
First time i came across those tunnel crevices in falmer ruins, had no idea falmer came out of them, all i heard was a snarl behind me, turned around and WHACK!!! i was dead, almost pissed myself! Since then i get really nervous when i see those crevices.

Patches

Casually exploring Sarthaal when--WTF!? A spectral guy and a draugr appear......
You'd at least give me a more direct warning.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
The first time was when I came across the giant and the wispmother in Blackreach...I was just wandering around looking at the beautiful scenery and then out of nowhere ice everywhere

Toshiro

SPOILER ALERT!
Touching the glowing ball inside Kagrenzel thinking, sh!t, I am stuck. Then suddenly aaaaaaaAAAHHHHHHHHHH....

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
getting chased by a lurker in apocryphia when a tentacle comes flying out of the water... *kill annimation* LDB slowly sinks below the waves... to this day that memory scares me.

Toshiro

Actually, when it comes to creepy, Soul Cairn. Absolutely HATE that place. I had goosebumps and chills almost the whole time I was there.

Chadonraz

The first time I wandered around the glacier in Winterhold/the Pale, and heard those cracking sounds. It was really creepy, and I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd gotten flattened by a falling chunk of ice. I still jump every time I hear that sound...

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Another one that really got me was the very first time i got pulled into the apocryphia by a black book, wasn't expecting that at all and seeing Miraak for the first time while being at his complete mercy was quite the frightening experience, especially since i wasn't expecting to see him untill way later in the game, plus those seeker things just freak me out for some reason.

Jake Johnson

When I found out what Namira's quest and item were about.

Basically, it made me remember the worst ending of 11th Hour.

Sahdira

Krosis busting out his coffin always makes me jump.

This was a scary moment for Sahdira as well. At the time she was a new adventurer and had never encountered such vile creatures. Fortunately Sahdira make a habit of carrying a lot of arrows and potions. But she was more cautious approaching dragon shrines afterwards.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
The first time I entered the soul cairn was super creepy. I couldn't wait to get out. Otherwise, I'd say the pit wolf and some of the vampire scenes are incredibly scary!