• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member

I usually get the first, which is the way the games were designed, if you don’t want to stop playing then take regular breaks, maybe for twenty minutes every hour, just to stop yourself from getting to ‘in’ to it.

Immersion is what makes games much more fun!

brandon

wow i wish i could get scared of a game again. the last game to scare me was the first resident evil. it didnt really scare me but it did make me jump. the first night i had it was during a bad thunderstorm. and i lived out in the country 30 miles from the nearest town. and the opening scene did scare me a bit. but i was a kid so that didnt help either. but if this game scares you turn on the lights in your house. and if your on xbox talk to your friends in party chat. just dont tell them this game scares you. theyll more then likely play into that. i know my buddies would.

the game setting a mood you actually feel is great. Sorry that it bothers you to such a degree that it takes away your enjoyment. :sadface:
I remember my first morrowind dungeon with me and my good friend just about sheeting our pants when we ran into a monster ( skeleton) for the first time. the realism was amazing (for it's time) and was exactly what we had wished for in a game. Oblivion I found great as light discipline was key. use it now as there might be a trap? or don't use it so you don't alert the monster around the corner. Night vision was good but all that blue made it difficult to get details. Skyrim dungeons are great, unique and some great suprises. But there is too much light for me. Too many torches or cauldrons of fire/embers burning for there to be a great scary mood. I mean look at that! a Torch that's been burning for thousands of years!

Arlais

Just keep saying "I have a big axe and a shield. And armor. And a friend with me. That's right!"

Until you notice Lydia died again but that's another story ...

And, keep the light on in your room. It helps if you have an overactive imagination and end up immersing yourself too deeply. And turn the volume down or don't play with headset or surround sound. Keep in touch with reality, man, just keep in touch. :D

Every so often I get that creepy feel in the back of my neck too (especially with undead dungeons; ick) and a tingle in my stomach area. But I know it's excitement, and it's been a long time since I've been excited over a game, so I'm enjoying it. Even the creepy moments. Mad props to Bethesda for making such a realistic-seeming game. Says something for the game designers now, doesn't it? :)

On that note, ever find yourself instinctively ducking when you get to a tunnel with low ceilings, or craning your neck to try and peek around a corner to see what's coming? Then you catch yourself and go "it's a TV screen, ya dummy; get it together!" LOL

Touchstone

P.S. I know how you feel. I'm can't play any Silent Hill or FEAR, because I tend to jump and throw the controller. That stuff's expensive.

I can completely understand with the OP, not usually, but sometimes I find myself getting really into the game and get scared a bit. But for me, I find it more fun to get scared from a game than anything. Yesterday I went into a Dwarven Dungeon for the first time to get the Elder Scroll. I hadn't been creeped out by dungeons until this point. I jumped, and swore, when these spikes came swinging at me from the ceiling. And when I got further into the dungeon, and I took a path where I couldn't see a thing, that's when I was a bit on edge. But I have my headphones on, and with Skyrim especially, I find myself getting really immersed, really easily. Love this game. Love to get creeped out by dungeons.

Trust me i can relate somewhat, Oblivion had me freaked out for the longest time, i would never even consider to close a gate unless it was the main quest but after a few from the main i started closing a few here and there.... and then it was no problem to run into one.

The great thing about this game is that it can hold your imagination captive and that should be a good thing, think about it this way if you were a new adventure in this world (RL) your first 20 or so times dungeon exploring may be terrifing but after awhile its not so bad.....your use to the skellies and all things that go bump in the night.

To be truthful im jealous of you i wish i still had that such intense feeling of worry, but if you scaried just take the crawl as slow as you can....creep//sneak around and you find sometihng to scary to face retreat....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts