Xbox 360 Says I have a follower but I don't?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Primrose the huntress

Master assassin/nightingale
Okay, so basically I brought one of the companions with me to a dwemer ruin so I could use her to carry dwarven scrap metal without going over my carry weight.. Now, while we were inside she got killed while I wasn't there (turns out I passed a few spiders without realizing it). So I went back and discovered her body and then I left her there. Now I need a new follower, so I went to riften and got that lioness girl, but she says "Seems like someone is already following you".

I've tried other followers, I've tried waiting 72+ hours, and I really don't want to go back to the last save as that would delete most of my game time today... What can I do?

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
Well this isn't exactly the best way to do it but has worked for me in the past, basically jus go do a quest where you have to have a special quest-related follower and regardless if it says "you already have a follower" or not previously, it gets overwrttien with "your follower leaves your services" once the quest-related NPC is your follower. I am on PS3 though but it should work

Primrose the huntress

Well this isn't exactly the best way to do it but has worked for me in the past, basically jus go do a quest where you have to have a special quest-related follower and regardless if it says "you already have a follower" or not previously, it gets overwrttien with "your follower leaves your services" once the quest-related NPC is your follower. I am on PS3 though but it should work
Do you know any quests that could do that? Thankks :)

Clau

The Fateless One

Primrose the huntress

Primrose the huntress

Okay, I tried doing those things but it still says i have a follower.

I did that quest in redwater den where the skooma gets you and you wake up in a cage with vampires guarding it, and my follower was still lying dead next to me when i woke up.

This is starting to irritate me alot because i need to go in to dwarven ruins to get metal for smithing, and i need a follower to carry it. PLEASE HELP! :)