• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dubzy

Ever since I obtained the Sanguine Rose and have been using it in most battles, my question is... Do you think its a crutch and I may be easing my way through the battles? Do you think I would benefit more by not using that weapon as much?

junta

I think you are the best person to answer both your questions. If you think so, then it likely is because its your play style we are talking about here.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using Tapatalk

There is no doubt it makes life much easier, though the same is true for a follower (except those who keep getting in the way). I see it as a substitute for long-range attacks if I am largely a melee-style character. If you feel it is becoming too much of a crutch, try leaving it at home for a while.
I just love watching him in action, yelling insults at the enemy, one of the most entertaining parts of the game.

Adam Warlock

I gave Sanguine Rose to my follower Illia for her use in battles since I can now cast a spell for a Dremora if I want it.
As a ranged frost mage, she will use her Dremora Lord and his flaming greatsword to melee on her behalf and particularly against tough foes who resist her ice attacks. A staff that will conjure a Flame Atronach also works for this purpose.
With Illia and 2 Thralls with their own conjuration staffs or spells , I`ve had as many as 6 different combatants at once fighting for the Dragonborn. It makes for quite a show as you can imagine !
I just love it when the Dremora yells " I smell weakness !" and starts slashing at our enemies.
It certainly does make things easier for you , but why should such an advantage be considered a "crutch" ?
If I want to grind my combat skills by getting all the kills myself , I leave my troops at home and adventure solo.

Dubzy

There is no doubt it makes life much easier, though the same is true for a follower (except those who keep getting in the way). I see it as a substitute for long-range attacks if I am largely a melee-style character. If you feel it is becoming too much of a crutch, try leaving it at home for a while.
I just love watching him in action, yelling insults at the enemy, one of the most entertaining parts of the game.

I do like seeing him charge in and take no prisoners!!!

Ironclad

I'm around 40th level and still can't find the drunk to start the Sanguine quest. :mad:
Had it before, 1st run-through, he is so useful

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I'm around 40th level and still can't find the drunk to start the Sanguine quest. :mad:
Had it before, 1st run-through, he is so useful

Sitting at the first table on the right as you enter the Whiterun tavern. From like level 15 on.

The location varies: I read that he will be at the location closest to you when you hit level 14, and that seems to work for me.