• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Austin Hartman

hey. i just got a new laptop and was wondering if i would be able to run skyrim even if on low settings. This is a list of all the specs i could find. If anyone has any info at all please help. just post a reply. thanks

Video Graphics..... AMD Radeon HD 6520G Discrete-Class Graphics with up to 3061MB total graphics memory
Memory.....(RAM) 6GB
Operating System.... Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Hard Drive Features.... 4MB L2 Cache
Processor.................. AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M Accelerated Processor (2.4GHz)
Hard Drive Type......... 640GB

Rod Sandz

Hi there,

Sorry you've had no answers yet. I'll be glad to share my two cents with ya.
Unfortunately your laptop's videocard is.... how should I put this.. "Non-gamer-friendly".
The Radeon HD 6520G is an integrated (shared memory) graphics card and is therefore slower than similar Radeon HD 6000M cards.

Integrated GPU's use the same RAM memory as your system, and even if you can allocate up to 3GB of memory for the video, it won't make any difference regarding gaming performance.

You do have a fine work/multimedia laptop, but hardcore gaming is not it's heart or purpose.

On the other hand, you will be able to run Skyrim with it at lower settings, and probably get a reasonable ~30fps average. You will have to disable FSAA, FXAA and reduce the view distance quite a bit if you want to run it with higher detail settings.

Give it a go, I'm sure you'll find an acceptable sweet spot between visual quality and performance.

Good luck.