• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Iguanaman

When I first played my character in Skyrim I was getting my butt kicked to the point of really being frustrated with the game and resorting to "god mode" to survive. (Pathetic I know.) I finally decided that I needed to try again (start over with a new character) and NEVER use any form of a cheat. I found that under some situations there was no way to win the fight and finally decided to run away to survive and come back again once I was able. That has allowed me to survive and make it through all the major quests unless running away is "cheating" too...

Run you fools!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
that is a common tactic referred to as "kiting"

theminstrels

Overseer of the chupacabra tea party
Potions and GOOD followers do wonders.

The only fight I ever ran from was the one with a dragon priest when my level was clearly much too low to take him on.

Running is a useful tactic, though. If you don't have enough potions and you can't seem to take on whatever it is you're fighting, leaving and returning later is a good idea. I call it being smart, and in a role-playing sense it is perfectly legit. I mean, who would really fight something that they know will kill them easily? That's how I play. I do all I can to keep my character alive; sometimes that means being smart enough to know when you're in over your head.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
I dont run but hit and run. Dragon priest was chasing me trough draugger ruins so I pulled a lever dropping a gate between us then shooting him with my bow. He ran around the gate and it was hit and run through the ruins till I finally won. It's not cheating it's a tactic

KC95

The only quest I ever ran from was the Gaulder one, during the final confrontation between the three brother ghosts. Getting through the first one was tough enough and then the second one was impossible because of how he kept disappearing and re-appearing.

I have spent an hour+ with certain foes though, dying lots of times. That usually just happens early on in the game build. I'm anti having followers, I feel it takes away from the supposed 'greatness' of my character.

redrkt

Premium Member
"The best tactics are passed on by the Survivors" One of the best quotes on the Loading Screens and also the truest.

I think in the first mage quest dungeon there is a strong duagr that will chase you into a circular room. No unaided enemy can survive me in a circular room. On my first high difficulty playthrough with no follower I had to run-heal spell-hit-rum-heal spell-hit for a good 10 minutes.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I don't often like running away from bosses, as you have to become back later and clear out the whole dungeon AGAIN. I just try different strategies everytime to see what I can do.

immigrantsong

I only ever ran away once -- at the end of Volskygge. I was only level 15 at the time and I could NOT beat that Draugr Death Overlord. He kept killing me in three hits and disarming me. I had to FUS RO DAH him constantly as I ran around trying to find my damn bow. Then I ran outside and there's a dragon priest. I hadn't run into one yet and I kept pelting it with arrows but nothing was happening to its health, and I kept getting murdered over and over, so I finally gave up and sprinted up to the wall, got the Word, and ran away before it could start attacking me.

Necromis

Running from a boss does not mean running from the dungeon so that it respawns. It means running a few rooms back to heal, and sneaking back in to hit and run again. My sneak-archer has had to do that on occassion. Though with my later play thru I just learned where to move to keep from being found. My current play thru is a mage, and she has had to run a few times. Though with dual casting sparks she seems to be doing ok at level 7 right now. Lightening bolts are a little too costly to cast just yet.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts