• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Morgan

So, after a long day and a bunch of beers, I decided to try an experiment. You know how, during the spoiler spoiler spoiler Aela talks about how some werewolves live in the wild and are barely above animals? I decided to play THAT. A feral werewolf. Obviously I had to make some reconcilations to fit with game mechanics, but the general idea of the character is that she is just an animal.

-She only wears rags (specifically ragged trousers, ragged cap, ragged boots, and Ring of Hircine)
-She only picks up healing and stamina potions, and raw meat
-Her only weapon is werewolf form
-She never engages in dialogue (except when required by game mechanics)
-She stays in the wild. Abandoned shacks, huts, hunter camps. She's sentient enough to understand fire, and that's about it.

Mechanics approach: I let Ralof handle everything from Helgen to Riverwood. I picked up Faendal in Riverwood (I counted this as a dialogue required by game mechanics, as mentioned above), and used him and/or Farkas to handle all the pre-werewolf Companions requirements. Once finished I released him. In these two ways, I got lycanthopy as a rank level 1, having not even advanced a single skill.

I proceeded immediately to Falkreath, began and completed the Hircine questline. After this I was able to transform at will, and took to the hills to live as a feral werewolf.

It's quite challenging, as a seasoned player, to bypass looting . . . anything. I leave gems, gold, skillbooks, spells, everything. The most this char has carried is 34 weight units, and that mostly in potions. It's also easy to get lost. What to do without quests? Without maps? Just wander, eyes open for prey. If something moves, run it down and kill it, be it a rabbit or a Stormcloak camp. In every previous playthrough I have taken care to avoid killing named NPCs, just in case. This is finally my chance to let that go. I cleared Dragons Bridge. Quest NPCs? I don't anticipate being on quests. It's quite liberating.

Anyone else try this route?

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Sounds pretty cool if you're on PC the Ridgeview House mod might be worth a shot if you have'nt already got it. It's out in wild far out the way of the major towns. I use it for my wood elf hunter but it would work well here aswell plus it has plenty of storage incase you need it.

raven63

I have done this but with vampire lord after hearthfire I made a house in morthal just basic entrance and main hall
I have little interaction with npc's only when forced to i mostly roam around in vl form no wearing only clothing in human form(only allowed during the day if not near a bed) and some rules like feed every day or can't use blood magic only use night magic at night no weapons or magic(outside of vampire lord form)
as for quest i have started a mini quest journal in a notebook i have quest like"Today a hunter killed a deer i was hunting down,I'm going to search for him I have heared he lives some where in Fort (insert name)" Then i go there

Builds like this are hard to keep interesting for long periods of time with some sort of task

Morgan

Thanks for the tips and feedback. I'll check out the housing mod. I currently have the hunter's treehouse one by Riverwood, and that seems appropriate too (especially because of the three wolves that live near it :)

I agree this isn't a build designed for long-term interest. But it's a nice one to keep on the side and just play when I don't feel like doing quests or advancing the game, but just slaughtering a crapload of people in a horrible way. I also figure if I ever want to, I can just step over into running quests, finish companions, do MQ etc.

Pete

Good for some fun. I did the curse of the werewolf mod. It's fun, but can break quests.

I suggest you declare a territory and keep it free of 'competition'. I found I didn't need the ring of hercine with the dawnguard add on, as you progress if wolf skills you can stay in wolf form perminately by feeding regularly.

Morgan

Good for some fun. I did the curse of the werewolf mod. It's fun, but can break quests.

I suggest you declare a territory and keep it free of 'competition'. I found I didn't need the ring of hercine with the dawnguard add on, as you progress if wolf skills you can stay in wolf form perminately by feeding regularly.

Yeah, I was pretty startled to find this, since last time I tried to play a WW was pre-DG and it was a pain without the ring. This time, I basically cleared the entire Reach of Foresworn (and rabbits) in one hunt and never came out of werewolf form.

I'll check out the mod you mentioned. Thanks!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts