• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LuChao

The Martial artist
hey everyone LuChao here I want your ideas for an rp I should try my ideas are kinda failing me right now

LuChao

The Martial artist
hmmmmm just thought of one an Orc Smith goes around making weapons and armor

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
A hello my friend. You may have better success in the Role-Play section that is for writing stories as well as in-game. But definately a solid idea. Does he have a goal?

LuChao

The Martial artist
his goal is to build at least one of each armor in the game he can and to build a house to work in

I like to play against stereotypes: Orcs who hate to fight, Wood Elves who are hopeless at archery etc. I also like to handicap them: unable to use any magic, too clumsy to ever sneak etc. By mixing these handicaps (you can use random choices to pick the mix) I tend to get characters who pose more of a challenge than most quests.

LuChao

The Martial artist
thats kinda what my orc is he not a fighter unless he absolutely has no other option

Liger

I do not remember seeing a orc mage, other then the book guy in the COW. That could make a fun build

But what about a Build where the dragon Born is not the dragonborn aka cannot use shouts (other then when they are needed *Horn of windcaller quest*) And even thought you have a magicka Pool your Char cant use magic.

And no enchantments like increase carry, stamina, health.

But enchantments on weapons would be OK, and maybe Muffle

LuChao

The Martial artist
I do not remember seeing a orc mage, other then the book guy in the COW. That could make a fun build

But what about a Build where the dragon Born is not the dragonborn aka cannot use shouts (other then when they are needed *Horn of windcaller quest*) And even thought you have a magicka Pool your Char cant use magic.

And no enchantments like increase carry, stamina, health.

But enchantments on weapons would be OK, and maybe Muffle

very Interesting build

LuChao

The Martial artist
I have a build idea I'm gonna make a pure citizen who works up to the ranks of a high class person :) she will start small and work her skills till she is a legend :D

TK11

Ahh I actually have some ideas!
1. A young mans/womens home city is under the threat of an attack. In the confusion she/ he is mistaken for a guard and is sent into battle. Having little skill she/he is abducted by the enemy (Orc) troops. She/he is taken into the orcs camps and raised by them. he/she is not killed because he is an orc. Thats just one example with a little more interesting back story. He/She can then be a orcish guard patrolling skyrim for the orc clan.
2. An elven (orc, altmer, bosmer, dunmer) scout rides a nobel steed. Searching for weapons and arms to bring to the clan mother. They get in close with skyrim native orc tribes to gather armor and weapons as well as artifacts.
3. An orc who abandons the traditional two handed power house class. And finds the magical arts much more pleasing. Or archer. But is frowned upon by tribesmen.

JUST A FEW IDEAS! HOPE YOU LIKE THEM AND FEEL FREE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG FOR SOME STORIES AS WELL #####TK11

LuChao

The Martial artist
my newest interesting build is a high elf who is an Imperial Interrogator and wanders Skyrim screwing with the minds of bandits and other unwanted people till the Dark Brotherhood takes interest and he joins them to really have some fun my restrictions are no potions my character must use his magic to keep him alive and he is a master of Illusion Conjuration Destruction Restoration and Light Armor with Speech and Lockpicking thrown in for something different

Wildroses

I'm playing a person with a chronic lung condition right now. She can't sneak ever (coughs too much), can't wear any armour (too heavy for her frail little body) and has a carry weight of 30 (too sickly to carry very much at all).

I'm level 10 right now. I thought I was going to hate it, but it's so liberating. I'm free! Free from spending half an hour creeping around cursing at followers to get my sneak attacks on enemies! Free from the constant upgrading and smithing of armour! Free from making several trips between dungeons to cart everyone's armour and weapons for a few septims! Free from having to pick every damn flower I see! Free from holding onto everything that perhaps maybe might be useful somewhere along the line! It's great!

And no, I'm not finding money a problem. All you have to do is go to the local alchemist, buy all their ingredients below 30 septims, spend a little time at the alchemy table, and then you have more potions than you can sell. I'm rolling in loot.

Willow

I just recently started playing a sneak thief/assassin character that I'm having a lot of fun roleplaying with. This is what I've come up with so far...

Raven (level 25) is a female Nord archer/one-handed/mage, who was orphaned as a child and resorted to theft in order to stay alive. Because she grew up without a family when she comes across the Thieves Guild in Riften she likes the feelings of belonging. Because she already grew up sneaking whatever she could for survival she fits right in. She's not completely evil, but has no problem stealing from anyone because that's all she's ever known.

While exploring a cave she contracts vampirism and begins to have unexplainable thoughts of blood. She overhears someone talking about an orphan boy who needs help. She finds Aventus Aretino and listens to his story about losing his mother and the poor treatment he received from Grelod "the kind". Because Raven was an orphan herself she feels sorry for him and decides to see if Grelod really treats the children as bad as he says. Upon visiting the orphanage she becomes angered by what she sees, and because her vampire powers are becoming stronger she can't resist killing Grelod in her sleep. She enjoyed murdering her more than she thought she would and when Astrid comes to her the next night, she decides to embrace her new dark nature and join the Dark Brotherhood...

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
One of my characters.

Falco Atilius, Penitus Oculatus. Empire's espionage and Imperial assassins (Also Emperors bodyguards). Conducts a secret war with the Thalmor Agents of the Aldmeri Dominion, member of the Thieves guild to gain access to contacts, while also gathering blackmail information on the Nobles who were getting too close to the Thalmor.

It is quite entertaining since the Thalmor will send execution squads after me for disrupting their operations. So my character always has to be on alert when traveling.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
One of my characters.

Falco Atilius, Penitus Oculatus. Empire's espionage and Imperial assassins (Also Emperors bodyguards). Conducts a secret war with the Thalmor Agents of the Aldmeri Dominion, member of the Thieves guild to gain access to contacts, while also gathering blackmail information on the Nobles who were getting close too close to the Thalmor.

It is quite entertaining since the Thalmor will send execution squads after me for disrupting their operations. So my character always has to be on alert when traveling.

This is awesome. A Penitus Oculatus agent within Skyrim...who turns out to be the Dragonborn. Is it canon for the Penitus Oculatus to act as the Empire's intelligence agency? I could imagine joining the Thieves Guild in order to get a network and contacts in Skyrim. A lot of quests would get done with the ultimate idea being that once you've done so-and-so a favor they give you a little info or they owe you one.

I see a lot of possibilities with this. Really cool idea.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
One of my characters.

Falco Atilius, Penitus Oculatus. Empire's espionage and Imperial assassins (Also Emperors bodyguards). Conducts a secret war with the Thalmor Agents of the Aldmeri Dominion, member of the Thieves guild to gain access to contacts, while also gathering blackmail information on the Nobles who were getting close too close to the Thalmor.

This is awesome. A Penitus Oculatus agent within Skyrim...who turns out to be the Dragonborn. Is it canon for the Penitus Oculatus to act as the Empire's intelligence agency? I could imagine joining the Thieves Guild in order to get a network and contacts in Skyrim. A lot of quests would get done with the ultimate idea being that once you've done so-and-so a favor they give you a little info or they owe you one.

I see a lot of possibilities with this. Really cool idea.

Yes, they're an Intelligence agency, they've been onto the Thalmor for a hundred years. Their recruitment process is brutal, one of their ranks had to assassinate an old man. It is designed to weed out those who are unwilling to kill and unwilling to conduct immoral things.

They replaced the Blades, since the Blades weren't trusted by the Mede's. So they're bodyguards, espionage agents and assassins.

So I always imagined they would be fighting a secret war with the Thalmor, both the Empire and Thalmor pretending to be nice to each other. But since they're both preparing for war, they're trying to weaken the other. The Thalmor are attempting to undermine the Empire, I figured the Penitus Oculatus disrupting the Thalmor.

What made it work well, was the Thalmor also will send assassination teams after you. So you got the sense of when knowing you hurt them.

You could go further into it by having homes as safe houses, also throw in the chests that don't respawn (One's located by treasure maps) you can have places to rest but also dead drops you can put things in, leave things you don't need at the time for later. (i.e too many healing potions, leave some. Too few, take some.)

Another good thing would be in Markarth to save Magret (Margret sp?) from the Forsworn attack, she also is another Imperial Agent, but one working for Tullius.

images
Penitus Oculatus roughly translates to "The Inner Eyes" or, literally, to "Inwardly having Eyes".

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Yes, they're Intelligence agency, they've been onto the Thalmor for a hundred years. Their recruitment process is brutal, one of their ranks had to assassinate an old man. It is designed to weed out those who are unwilling to kill and unwilling to conduct immoral things.

They replaced the Blades, since the Blades weren't trusted by the Mede's. So they're bodyguards, espionage agents and assassins.

So I always imagined they would be fighting a secret war with the Thalmor, both the Empire and Thalmor pretending to be nice to each other. But since they're both preparing for war, they're trying to weaken the other. The Thalmor are attempting to undermine the Empire, I figured the Penitus Oculatus disrupting the Thalmor.

What made it work well, was the Thalmor also will send assassination teams after you. So you got the sense of when knowing you hurt them.

You could go further into it by having homes as safe houses, also throw in the chests that don't respawn (One's located by treasure maps) you can have places to rest but also dead drops you can put things in, leave things you don't need at the time for later. (i.e too many healing potions, leave some. Too few, take some.)

Another good thing would be in Markarth to save Magret (Margret sp?) from the Forsworn attack, she also is another Imperial Agent, but one working for Tullius.

images
Penitus Oculatus roughly translates to "The Inner Eyes" or, literally, to "Inwardly having Eyes".

I can't believe this has never struck me. I mean, I had thought about playing an Penitus Oculatus member before, but not in this capacity. I was going to play a disgraced PO soldier who failed at some task or another. However, this is a really cool and totally feasible way to play.

Thank you... I am totally going to steal this the next time I have the urge to make a stealthy character. In my head, the agent would be a Nord since they're to infiltrate Skyrim. A stealthy archer who minors in two-handed in order to blend in better. Planted on that cart with Ulfric! I can stock up up on rolls of paper and leave them in drop spots for my handler as "messages". And with the whole Dragonborn thing... I can't imagine his orders being anything other than to pursue the Dragonborn angle to a) stop the dragon menace and b) get in closer to Ulfric since he should respect the Dragonborn.

LuChao

The Martial artist
Yes, they're Intelligence agency, they've been onto the Thalmor for a hundred years. Their recruitment process is brutal, one of their ranks had to assassinate an old man. It is designed to weed out those who are unwilling to kill and unwilling to conduct immoral things.

images

I can't believe this has never struck me. I mean, I had thought about playing an Penitus Oculatus member before, but not in this capacity. I was going to play a disgraced PO soldier who failed at some task or another. However, this is a really cool and totally feasible way to play.

Thank you... I am totally going to steal this the next time I have the urge to make a stealthy character. In my head, the agent would be a Nord since they're to infiltrate Skyrim. A stealthy archer who minors in two-handed in order to blend in better. Planted on that cart with Ulfric! I can stock up up on rolls of paper and leave them in drop spots for my handler as "messages". And with the whole Dragonborn thing... I can't imagine his orders being anything other than to pursue the Dragonborn angle to a) stop the dragon menace and b) get in closer to Ulfric since he should respect the Dragonborn.

OMG GENIUS

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
Here is an idea:

How about an assassin who is trying to turn his/her life around, making amends for their 'sinful' past? You know, instead of joining certain guilds, ignore/destroy them. Kill enemies of righteousness and just plain be the hero of the story?

sticky runes

For the orc smith, you can make it your personal mission to expand your skills by learning new tricks from all the blacksmiths around Skyrim. This can include doing quests for them, like making their deliveries and finding items they ask for (these are probably quests you always end up agreeing to anyway, as they're normally quick and easy) but if they involve going into a dangerous dungeon and fighting bandits and monsters you can take a follower or hire a mercenary to support you.

As a pure smith, I would favor war hammers and perhaps maces, possibly axes, but I would prefer big clumsy weapons because a smith you're used to the "pounding" action. I would deliberately remain a slow fighter, so maybe stick to heavy armor as well, but if you don't really want to be too combat orientated, you could stick to wearing blacksmith's apron and regular clothing items like gloves, boots and hats and jewelery. You might also want to focus on Alteration perks, so you can use mage armor to increase your defenses with flesh spells, and also make use of the transmute spell so you can get lots of gold and silver to make jewelery which will get you a nice profit and give your smithing experience a boost.

I would also do a lot of enchanting, and get the mage smith perk as soon as I can, especially if taking the "clothing instead of armor" root, so you can eventually make use of double enchantments.

As an orc smith, you'd want to eventually visit all the orc holds and get to know their smiths.

If you choose to get married, you could choose one of the orc siblings in Markarth (depending on your character's preference) and RP that you are both running the business together. Or else, marry a character who is a good fighter and has the skills, speed or magical power to back you up in combat, but there are plenty of housecarls who can provide that sort of protection for you, so it's up to you if you want a stay-at-home partner, or somebody more aggressive.

your followers will be defending you with the equipment you've been forging and upgrading for them.

I've never done a pure smith character before, but I have done a pure alchemist. It was quite interesting, because I was not putting much effort into actively seeking out quests to fight bandits and monsters, it was more about befriending the alchemists in each town and doing their quests so I could gain free access to their stores or learn some tricks, and picking lots of ingredients wherever I could find them and experiment at every opportunity. I would also only wear robes or regular clothing instead of armor and stick to using knives as my only weapon choice, and I would favor alteration and illusion magic over destruction and conjuration, and I would tend to let my followers do most of the fighting.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts